Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lack of interest in Lamar Jackson is due to NFL collusion?

88Comrade2000

It feels like "collusion" is thrown around way too freely in the sports world. If a handful of teams that were in the market for a player come to the decision that the player is asking for too much, those can easily be their own decisions.

"Collusion" in the NFL is dead to me. 10 years ago, 2 NFL teams were given cap penalties for spending too much money on their players, "violating the spirit" of a salary cap that didn't exist. If that's not collusion, I don't know what else can be in the NFL.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Collusion is one step away from "rigged" as far as I'm concerned. 

The truth is nobody wants to guarantee $200 Million or whatever Lamar is asking for for a running QB who has gotten hurt the last two years.

Nail, meet head.

No one wants to pay a guy that kind of guaranteed money who is basically a RB who can throw the ball ok, but hasn't finished the last two seasons. 

• Like 3

NFL is a small enough club of owners that they absolutely engage in labor market manipulation ie collusion. You definitely saw it with the cap penalties on Washington and Dallas awhile back. I wonder how pissed they are at the Browns for the Watson fully guaranteed contract resetting the QB market in a huge way. I can see the owners putting their foot down and saying never again when it comes to Jackson’s demands. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...