Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Last of Us - Season 1

PleaseBlitz

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

that he was a rapey pedo 

Ah, gotcha...

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

When Ellie was playing Mortal kombat in the last episode, her MK character Baraka’s finishing move chopped the opponent into little pieces. Her opponent that Riley was using had a finishing move where she ate the person and spit out their bones. 

Neat little potential foreshadowing of this episode 

Not to mention the cannibal pun Riley said to Ellie...this show does that a LOT, and I'm loving it.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

When Ellie was playing Mortal kombat in the last episode, her MK character Baraka’s finishing move chopped the opponent into little pieces. Her opponent that Riley was using had a finishing move where she ate the person and spit out their bones. 

Neat little potential foreshadowing of this episode 

There is no Baraka finishing move that chops people into pieces.  

His finishing moves in MK2 either stab you in the chest or chop your head off.  

Ask me how I know.

8CiZ3jA.png

Edited by purbeast

20 minutes ago, purbeast said:

There is no Baraka finishing move that chops people into pieces.  

His finishing moves in MK2 either stab you in the chest or chop your head off.  

Ask me how I know.

8CiZ3jA.png

well he does the move where he gets on a knee, his claws stick out and he repeatedly stabs your guts. I guess I misremembered it being a fatality and that you ended up in pieces. 

as I said, I only saw the fatalities a handful of times because I never learned them 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

well he does the move where he gets on a knee, his claws stick out and he repeatedly stabs your guts. I guess I misremembered it being a fatality and that you ended up in pieces. 

as I said, I only saw the fatalities a handful of times because I never learned them 

It's just a normal move where he slices you with his blades.  There is no "cutting into little pieces" or anything.

Basically, saying that foreshadows anything is a stretch IMO.

Edited by purbeast

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I kinda like it more now actually since we don’t see what she does to David but can tell she stabs/cuts him repeatedly. I think it fits enough to not be stretch 

If you look at the comparison video I posted earlier, that scene is virtually identical to the way it's depicted in the game.

I'll agree to disagree with you about Baraka's move foreshadowing anything.

7 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

So do we feel good about them effectively wrapping up the first game in the single remaining 43min episode? 

Still wish the season was like 12 episodes.  I feel both of the "side story" episodes (3 and 7), in the grand scheme of things, were too long.  They were both good episodes on their own.  Both of those stories could have been explained in half the time on those episodes which means we'd have at least 1 more episode to explore more with Joel and Ellie.  Those 2 episodes are definitely bottom tier for me in the whole scheme of the season.

I think they will wrap it up decently though just because of how great the show has done thus far.

7 hours ago, purbeast said:

Still wish the season was like 12 episodes.  I feel both of the "side story" episodes (3 and 7), in the grand scheme of things, were too long.  They were both good episodes on their own.  Both of those stories could have been explained in half the time on those episodes which means we'd have at least 1 more episode to explore more with Joel and Ellie.  Those 2 episodes are definitely bottom tier for me in the whole scheme of the season.

I think they will wrap it up decently though just because of how great the show has done thus far.

Did you just inadvertently give away a spoiler? lol...

54 minutes ago, purbeast said:

No clue what you are referring to, so no.

That’s what makes it inadvertent. 😂

You asking for another episode with to explore Joel and Ellie suggests/implies there isn’t another one. As someone who knows nothing…. But even less so of this video game… I have no reason to believe that next season won’t kick off resuming Joel and Ellie’s journey towards the Fireflies.

Im not upset though… I love spoilers. 🙂

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

You asking for another episode with to explore Joel and Ellie suggests/implies there isn’t another one. As someone who knows nothing…. But even less so of this video game… I have no reason to believe that next season won’t kick off resuming Joel and Ellie’s journey towards the Fireflies.

No spoiler, he is simply referring to more exploration of those two this season, not implying anything that will or won’t happen or how much time is spent down the road. I agree, the season has moved quickly and I wouldn’t mind a slower episode of them just on the road somewhere talking or something before they get to their mutual understanding and feeling toward one another that we see by the end of episode 8. You can’t go back and retell that story in the future so seeing more of their journey to this point is what I want and I think he is also saying 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TheGoodBits said:

So do we feel good about them effectively wrapping up the first game in the single remaining 43min episode? 

yes, even though it’s the shortest episode this season, seeing what they did with the David story, I am confident they can wrap up game 1 next episode in a satisfying way. 

really 

Spoiler

There are only a few key points they need to hit 

-start with them arriving in Salt Lake City 

-The giraffe scene 

-they encounter trouble somewhere maybe running from infected/clickers and Ellie is knocked unconscious

-fireflies rescue and we cut to the hospital where what is about to happen is explained to Joel

-Joel goes Terminator mode on the hospital and kills the surgeon. Think they will focus on this scene and maybe make Joel be especially cruel to the surgeon since it will be so important in season 2. 
-Killing Marlene last 

-quick truck scene where Joel lies

-arrive back to Tommy’s and Ellie is suspicious 

-Joel lies again

-“Ok”

the game moves pretty quickly through the end and there might be 5 minutes from the time he encounters Marlene at the bottom of the elevator to the end of the game. That leaves like 35 minutes for the rest which I think works since they have toned down the gameplay and killing so much. Joel will probably only kill a few guards 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No spoiler, he is simply referring to more exploration of those two this season, not implying anything that will or won’t happen or how much time is spent down the road. I agree, the season has moved quickly and I wouldn’t mind a slower episode of them just on the road somewhere talking or something before they get to their mutual understanding and feeling toward one another that we see by the end of episode 8. You can’t go back and retell that story in the future so seeing more of their journey to this point is what I want and I think he is also saying 

Understood. Although I didn’t perceive it as a spoiler… just answering how it may/could have been perceived as one.

Maybe there’s another interpretation I missed too. 🙂

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

No clue what you are referring to, so no.

Spoiler

"we'd have at least 1 more episode to explore more with Joel and Ellie."

Since there's a season 2, we'll have a ton more episodes to explore more with Joel and Ellie. One extra episode spent on back story won't matter.

But if Joel or Ellie aren't gonna survive for much longer...then the episodes dedicated to them are winding down. Which, if that were the case, would be a spoiler.

2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Still not sure what you are referring to.

The game has a finite story with a beginning and end.

We only have 9 episodes to do everything, and 2 of them were basically about stuff not in the game story.

And I'm saying I wish we had more time to explore the stuff in the game.

You all looking way too much into my comment lol.

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Hide contents

"we'd have at least 1 more episode to explore more with Joel and Ellie."

Since there's a season 2, we'll have a ton more episodes to explore more with Joel and Ellie. One extra episode spent on back story won't matter.

But if Joel or Ellie aren't gonna survive for much longer...then the episodes dedicated to them are winding down. Which, if that were the case, would be a spoiler.

Season 2+ is about the second game.

Season 1 is about the first game.  There is a finite story and we have 9 episodes to tell it, and 2 of those episodes were basically about stuff not in the game story.

30 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Still not sure what you are referring to.

The game has a finite story with a beginning and end.

We only have 9 episodes to do everything, and 2 of them were basically about stuff not in the game story.

And I'm saying I wish we had more time to explore the stuff in the game.

You all looking way too much into my comment lol.

Season 2+ is about the second game.

Season 1 is about the first game.  There is a finite story and we have 9 episodes to tell it, and 2 of those episodes were basically about stuff not in the game story.

I read that Joel and Ellie are in pt 2 of the game…and there’s no reason why there can’t be some flashbacks in season 2 that help give some additional story showing what they went through together. 

@Califan007 The Constipated I am not going to quote you because of potential spoilers about the second game, but if you read about part 2 of the game, then now I'm even more confused as to what you think I could have even spoiled but now you are the one spoiling stuff lol.

Now that I am watching some reviews and reading about episode 8, they missed out on quite a bit of stuff that I totally forgot about the game (since it's been a decade since I played it) that would have made the episode better as well and explained a bit more.  But, apparently they felt they needed to rush this show to finish in 9 episodes and left it out.

Edited by purbeast

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yea, their isn’t much left… that game is super short… I played through it in about 10hrs over the past two weeks.

You must have played it on the easiest difficulty and rushed through it and/or skipped over all of the cut scenes.  10 hours is significantly lower than what the general consensus of the length is.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game/9997

Edited by purbeast