Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any word on the date and time for the flexed NYG game in 2 weeks?

Skinsfan1311

25 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Can't find anything on line yet.   I thought that I read, somewhere, that the team would announce the date and time for our home game against the NYG.

Todays the latest that the league is allowed to announce the date & time. So we’ll find out sometime today. The grounds guy at the stadium was saying late last week that the nfl was going to decide between having our game on Saturday 12/17 at 4:30, or Sunday 12/18 at 8:20. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Todays the latest that the league is allowed to announce the date & time. So we’ll find out sometime today. The grounds guy at the stadium was saying late last week that the nfl was going to decide between having our game on Saturday 12/17 at 4:30, or Sunday 12/18 at 8:20. 

I thought only week 18 games could get flexed to Saturday?

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I thought only week 18 games could get flexed to Saturday?

No. Back in 2018, the league started selecting 3 games from a selection of 5 possible games, and slapped a “TBD” on them, for the week before Christmas. The 3 games they choose get played on Saturday. (1 PM, 4:30, and 8:15). Remember our game in Nashville against the titans in 2018? That was flexed from Sunday to Saturday, and it was 4:30

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I can’t believe the NFL lets games end in a tie.  What are we: premier league?

What’s even crazier is we haven’t won an overtime game since 2014…..that’s just pathetic. Our last win in OT, the MNF in Dallas that colt McCoy started. since then it’s been 

2015 week 5 @ Falcons: L 26-19

2016 week 8 @ Bengals: T 27-27

2017 week 11 @ Saints: L 34-31

2019 week 16 Vs Giants: L 41-35

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

I can’t believe the NFL lets games end in a tie.  What are we: premier league?

I think back in like 2008 the Eagles-Bengals game ended in a tie and afterward Donovan McNabb admitted to not knowing games could end in ties.

Moving the OT to last only 10 minutes has to have increased the likelihood of ties.

But I also don't understand the people who want to go back to pure sudden death. The OT rules as they are now, with changing it back to allowing the full 15 minutes for it to be decided, seems appropriate.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What’s even crazier is we haven’t won an overtime game since 2014…..that’s just pathetic. Our last win in OT, the MNF in Dallas that colt McCoy started. since then it’s been 

2015 week 5 @ Falcons: L 26-19

2016 week 8 @ Bengals: T 27-27

2017 week 11 @ Saints: L 34-31

2019 week 16 Vs Giants: L 41-35

That isn't that eye-opening. What's truly pathetic is that we've won what, like two Monday Night home games in the now over 25 season history of FedEx?

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

That isn't that eye-opening. What's truly pathetic is that we've won what, like two Monday Night home games in the now over 25 season history of FedEx?

It isn’t exactly a contest of which one is more pathetic than the other. They both are, just leave it at that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

But I also don't understand the people who want to go back to pure sudden death. The OT rules as they are now, with changing it back to allowing the full 15 minutes for it to be decided, seems appropriate.

Agreed - being able to kick a field goal without the opposition getting a chance to match or best was complete

tv show bs GIF

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think we've actually been really good on national TV in the Rivera Era. We snapped our MNF home losing streak last year against the Seahawks too.

Unlike Gruden, Rivera seems to have our guys ready to go in prime time.

• Thumb up 1

Normally I'd like this spot, but being flexed to SNF when we gotta fly to SF for a Saturday game immediately after is kinda eh.....I sort of wish they had flexed it to the Saturday afternoon before.  Oh well, the game is going to be huge!  I am glad it is the home game that is on national tv at least.

• Like 2

In years past I would have dreaded watching Washington in prime time.  It usually turned into a debacle.   This group seems to have figured it out and changed the narrative with the win against the Eagles in Philly.   Hopefully they don't revert to crapping the bed.

• Thumb up 1