Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac

Riggo-toni

Christine McVie, who played with Fleetwood Mac and wrote some of their most famous songs, has died aged 79, her family has said.

The British singer-songwriter was behind hits including Little Lies, Everywhere, Don't Stop, Say You Love Me, and Songbird.

• Sad 11

That's too bad.  My sister is 10-11 years older than I am so when I was growing up, she was the one playing 80's music and certain songs stuck with me into adulthood.  "Little Lies" was one of them.  I always appreciated McVie because she was the lead on that one instead of Stevie Nicks, even if Nicks was the more talented singer of the two.

Christine McVie was with Fleetwood Mac early on. I believe there was another woman before named Sidney but this might not be an accurate name. Late 60s for Christine. I have some very early FM LPs. She is definitely one of the group that had influence on the group before Stevie and Lindsey joined. Very sad day for us fans. 

Update: I got Christine and Grace Slick mixed up. It was Grace who followed another woman in a group that became Jefferson Airplane. Mea culpa for elder age brain fog.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

****. ****.

A truly significant artist and a key element of one of the most significant bands in music history. Fleetwood holds a special place in my lifelong passion for music as it does for so many others and I am forever grateful for the endless hours of pleasure they brought me.  

In the early years of my first career in high end consumer audio, no group got more play time on my 9 foot long 700 pound JBL Paragon powered by totl Marantz separates with a Crown SX-824 10" reel to reel and a Linn Ittok turntable and tonearm as my sources.

Some of the greatest joys of my life involved the marriage of gear like that with the best recordings and. most beloved music from performers of almost all genres and generations.

Fleetwood Mac was in the top handful of such artists for me, and most of their recordings were tops in terms of audio quality. All the core members working together was magic.

Rip Christine and thank you.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Very sad news. Very influential artist and I don’t care who you are or what music you like, everyone likes at least one of their songs. I think she wrote “Don’t Stop” and some of their other big hits. 

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

In the early years of my first career in high end consumer audio, no group got more play time on my 9 foot long 700 pound JBL Paragon powered by totl Marantz separates with a Crown SX-824 10" reel to reel and a Linn Ittok turntable and tonearm as my sources.

What 

16 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

@LadySkinsFan, you weren't too far off - she was an early replacement in the band, coming over from the group Chicken Shack (I think that was the name), but I can't remember if she replaced Jeremy Spencer or Danny Kirwan...one got replaced by her and the other by Bob Welch.

Christine joined after Peter Green left. 

Signe Toly Anderson was the chick who was in Jefferson Airplane before Grace Slick. That's who I was thinking of. See, senior moment.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1