Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Muslims upset over Gaza won’t vote for Biden. Doesn’t mean they will vote Trump either. They could site out or vote 3rd party. If the entire Muslim bloc does that, that would be more than the entire amount Biden won by in 2020.  That would tip Michigan to Donny.

Joe is going to have to quell all those various Dem voters upset with and get them to suck it in and vote for him again.

With those voters eye on third parties or staying home; if they actually do that, Trump will win.

But how many Muslim voters are we talking about here (assuming Michigan???)? Considering they're less than the # of Jewish voters nationwide, how does one walk that line? And again. I would hope those voters know and are willing to accept the consequences for not voting directly against MAGA. Have fun with the deportations that Herr Miller will be lining up. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

But how many Muslim voters are we talking about here (assuming Michigan???)? Considering they're less than the # of Jewish voters nationwide, how does one walk that line? 

I looked it up. There are 240K Muslims in Michigan. Biden won by 150K votes. Trump won it by like 10K in 2016. So, I don't know what that says about Trump. If Muslims there are angry enough at Biden about Israel but don't know Trump would kick them out of the US tomorrow even if they are citizens here (if he could), and WILL make their lives miserable for 4 years here in the US. Then I have a hard time feeling bad for them. 

• Thumb up 1

Yes, I'm sure every Muslim will turn against Biden and vote for the guy that did "the Muslim ban" and is vowing to do it again.

Doubling down on the hardline immigration policies that have long animated his base, Donald Trump on Monday vowed to bar refugees from Gaza and immediately expand his first-term Muslim travel ban if he wins a second term following the deadly attack on Israel last week.

Speaking to supporters in Iowa, the former president said that if he returns to the Oval Office, he will immediately begin “ideological screening” for all immigrants and bar those who sympathize with Hamas and Muslim extremists. The war between Israel and Hamas has sparked what is now the deadliest of five Gaza wars for both sides, with more than 4,000 dead.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Would be great if Cabana Cruz loses.

I don’t know that that’s possible. I don’t really pay attention to Texas politics. Lately I have t paid attention to much at all, outside a few posts I’ve commented on. 

but my understanding is the cities (like San Antonio) are strongly blue and have been edging Texas closer and closer to going blue for the electoral college. 

that’s all I was referring to. I don’t believe the internal political divisions are looking to change much, just that the impact those cities have on where the states electors go has been shifting 

• Like 1

Ideal scenario for Ted Cruz defeat is for the Astros to make it to the playoffs again in September, Cruz shows up to a game and they lose due to the Ted Cruz Curse, and early voting opens immediately after. :)

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Of those 6, Michigan and Pennsylvania alone should get Biden over 270. 

Correct.  Any combination of Pennsylvania plus one of GA, WI or AZ is enough. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ideal scenario for Ted Cruz defeat is for the Astros to make it to the playoffs again in September, Cruz shows up to a game and they lose due to the Ted Cruz Curse, and early voting opens immediately after. :)

Correct.  In combination of Pennsylvania plus one of GA, WI or AZ is enough. 

There you go. Follow the math with your resources. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Correct.  Any combination of Pennsylvania plus one of GA, WI or AZ is enough. 

Apologies, this is not correct.  The clearly blue states plus PA and GA is only 261.  I had Wisconsin (10 EC votes) filled in as blue.  

Biden needs PA and 25 more EC votes, which looks like this:

image.png.4b2b8a731d105cb3d7bae53dab574b60.png

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

Biden needs three of those six.

It’s very possible that abortion rights will be on the Nevada and Arizona ballots.

This I totally agree with. The folks talking about immigration and caravans were going to show up and vote the way they do already. Getting women to represent more than what's expected because of abortion would be huge. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JCB said:

I'm telling you, I think NC is in play this year. Lot of population growth since 2020, lotta youth voter registration.

I hope that's true, but Biden shouldn't make the mistake Hillary did of trying to expand the map.  He should spend a billion dollars and 100% of his campaigning time spread across the six true battlegrounds.  If NC wants to go blue, they certainly can, but Biden shouldn't focus there unless it's a clear pickup. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I know I'm considered always the hopeful optimist here but I think it's going to be a blue blowout. People are starting to show they've had enough MAGA dysfunction. 

Every Dem can see it now… this is the Republicans/Trump’s last breath. If Trump loses this election… the Republican Party is officially done for at least a decade.

It’s time to kill MAGA once and for all. And everyone is going to show up.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, JCB said:

I'm telling you, I think NC is in play this year. Lot of population growth since 2020, lotta youth voter registration.

Of the 44 states that are not considered toss-ups, NC seems like the most likely to be picked off.  Definitely put resources there to make R’s play defense.

PA is the most critical state.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Having lots of fun discussions with other Muslims about their vote. I use fun loosely.

My opinion? Would be the dumbest thing we could do to NOT vote Biden. If he wins without our votes, all the hard work to be a voice in the coalition won’t matter, the admin won’t feel the need to work with us in term 2

if Biden loses on the other hand, total disaster 

My anecdotal poll here in Austin is about 90 percent of the politically aware/high voting Muslims I do know, at this point, will NOT vote for Biden. They won’t vote Trump but they won’t vote Biden either 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JCB said:

I honestly thought we were going to win it for Biden in ‘20 and get Cal Cunningham across the line 

if that guy keeps it in his pants for 4 more months I think it would have happened, along with a win at the Lt Governor level and at least not losing ground in the state house 

The local results of ‘20 in NC we’re a total disaster 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

My anecdotal poll here in Austin is about 90 percent of the politically aware/high voting Muslims I do know, at this point, will NOT vote for Biden. They won’t vote Trump but they won’t vote Biden either 

I understand, but if they sit it out, whoever wins is going to ignore them (even harder). 

Kinda strange that “politically aware/high voting Muslims” don’t grasp this. 

Joke starts here: meanwhile the ****ing Swifty bloc is going to demand minor cabinet positions. 

• Thumb up 1