Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Garrett Green is so inconsistent, but when he’s playing with a lead and relaxed, he’s pretty electric. 

The offense should be exceptional next year. But NB will find a way to **** it up. 

Here's a hint. Run RPO and occasionally throw to the 6'7" TE. He's always open. 

Edit...also, tough loss JMU. 

My perennially celler dwelling NMSU Ags are going to our second bowl game in a row, locked into the CUSA championship game and drubbing Auburn 24-7 midway through the 4rh at their house in one of those games where we get paid a mil and half to be a sacrificial lamb.  

Update: game over 31-10.  We were 25.5 point underdogs

Go Ag's!

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

This is what I've been suggesting should happen for 2 years.  The NCAA as an overseeing body serves no purpose and is entirely mismanaged and corrupt.  FCS football should stop this charade of being amateur athletics, pay it's workforce (either though NIL or otherwise), and let the conferences run themselves.  The conferences will still be entirely corrupt, but at least they'll give up the notion of amateurism and just focus on money, which will at least make them predictable.  

Bonus points if the Great Split results in 4-5 reconstituted conferences that make geographic sense, rather than the soon-to-be current alignment where the Atlantic Coast Conference has teams that are literally on the Pacific coast and the Big 10 stretches from coast (Rutgers) to coast (USC, UCLA, Oregon, Wash) and from damn near the Canadian border (Minnesota, UMich) to the Mexican board (UCLA and USC).  I doubt that will happen, but it'd sure make a lot more sense that what piecemeal expansion has wrought. 

57 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This is what I've been suggesting should happen for 2 years.  The NCAA as an overseeing body serves no purpose and is entirely mismanaged and corrupt.  FCS football should stop this charade of being amateur athletics, pay it's workforce (either though NIL or otherwise), and let the conferences run themselves.  The conferences will still be entirely corrupt, but at least they'll give up the notion of amateurism and just focus on money, which will at least make them predictable.  

Bonus points if the Great Split results in 4-5 reconstituted conferences that make geographic sense, rather than the soon-to-be current alignment where the Atlantic Coast Conference has teams that are literally on the Pacific coast and the Big 10 stretches from coast (Rutgers) to coast (USC, UCLA, Oregon, Wash) and from damn near the Canadian border (Minnesota, UMich) to the Mexican board (UCLA and USC).  I doubt that will happen, but it'd sure make a lot more sense that what piecemeal expansion has wrought. 

I hope we can cook up some kind of “Blue Ridge/Piedmont” conference, so VCU can absolutely drill West Virginia 2-3 times a year in basketball.

Forever.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Fwiw, LA to the Mexico border is like 150ish miles. It's not as close as one thinks. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

11 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I dunno if winning out will get them in if Washington wins out too.  

It’s not a sure thing, but they probably have a tougher SOS. It will depend not just on win/loss for both teams, but how convincing the wins are. I can easily see if FSU’s backup comes in and lights it up, the committee wanting to push the team overcoming adversity angle. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It’s not a sure thing, but they probably have a tougher SOS. It will depend not just on win/loss for both teams, but how convincing the wins are. I can easily see if FSU’s backup comes in and lights it up, the committee wanting to push the team overcoming adversity angle. 

Pac12 >>> ACC though this year.

This is the problem with selectively ranking teams for the playoff when the criteria is “we want the four best teams.” 

FSU without their QB is probably not one of them and I get that, nobody wants to see a team with their backup QB go into the playoffs and get stomped. Then again, OSU won the first playoff with their 3rd string QB. FSU will have a chance over the next couple games to give themselves an argument