Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I mean Harbaugh is a jerk, but he's a lovable jerk. Out there talking about sleepovers in tree houses, "Dont' get bitter get better", and so on. Yes, he was the one who instigated "What's your deal" with Pete Carroll but the guy can coach.

Mel Tucker on the other hand has shown no inclination of any coaching prowess since his first year at MSU winning with D'Antonio's (another jerk) players. Also a reminder that D'Antonio was forced to "retire" because of a scandal at MSU involving impermissible players. Makes the whole cheeseburger thing look like child's play...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/02/04/mark-dantonio-steps-down-michigan-state-coach-amid-allegations-recruiting-violations/

“This is a decision that’s been weighing on me," Dantonio, 63, said at a news conference Tuesday. "I don’t think it’s any big secret; it’s been weighing on me for a while.”

The later years of his tenure included alleged recruiting violations and sexual assault accusations involving players. Dantonio’s announcement came hours after new details about those recruiting allegations became public.

If only if was a cheeseburger. I know you get your info from talk radio, but the actual investigation centers around impermissible texts and calls, including some actually by Harbaugh, to high school prospects during part of the covid related dead period that existsed for potential recruits. Additionslly, yhe NCAA is looking at whether a member of Michigan’s off-field football staff violated rules by doing on-the-field coaching during practice.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

If only if was a cheeseburger. I know you get your info from talk radio, but the actual investigation centers around impermissible texts and calls, including some actually by Harbaugh, to high school prospects during part of the covid related dead period that existsed for potential recruits. Additionslly, yhe NCAA is looking at whether a member of Michigan’s off-field football staff violated rules by doing on-the-field coaching during practice.

About cheeseburgers 

Also any justification of the NCAA is null and void when they won't let tez walker play. Oh by the way NCAA also threatened Kansas after bill self brought players like De Souza with Adidas money,but never did anything at all. And yes, Kansas was hit with several serious "level 1" violations... Technically the investigation is still ongoing lol. 

**** what the NCAA considers a violation. 

Edited by ixcuincle

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

That would be a horrible hire. The NFL is largely ruled by dynamic offenses. Harbaugh doesn't possess that capability as a HC nor would his offense ever be allowed that.  

I actually wonder about this as his brother hasn't been bad at Baltimore.  Fact is, he hasn't had to.  After he got done re-stocking the cupboard, Michigan has had stud running backs and an O-line that's essentially NFL ready across the board, at least last few years.  He doesn't have to get cute with his offense because they can pound most of their opponents into dust.  I'm genuinely curious whether he actually can innovate but just hasn't had to bother.

20 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I actually wonder about this as his brother hasn't been bad at Baltimore.  Fact is, he hasn't had to.  After he got done re-stocking the cupboard, Michigan has had stud running backs and an O-line that's essentially NFL ready across the board, at least last few years.  He doesn't have to get cute with his offense because they can pound most of their opponents into dust.  I'm genuinely curious whether he actually can innovate but just hasn't had to bother.

Look at his history with the Niners. They had limited offenses run by Alex Smith and then Kaep, and won with Vic Fangio's D. I'm not sure that thid method wins these days. 

There is a reason though why he was run out of SF, despite his success there. He is well known as hard to get along with (even if Trent Baalke is an ass too) and is nearly impossible to reign in. I don't think new ownership would want that. Nor would we want his limited offensive plays. 

Harbaugh is probably better off at Michigan where he can outrecruit most people and win with superior talent. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Look at his history with the Niners. They had limited offenses run by Alex Smith and then Kaep, and won with Vic Fangio's D. I'm not sure that thid method wins these days. 

There is a reason though why he was run out of SF, despite his success there. He is well known as hard to get along with (even if Trent Baalke is an ass too) and is nearly impossible to reign in. I don't think new ownership would want that. Nor would we want his limited offensive plays. 

Harbaugh is probably better off at Michigan where he can outrecruit most people and win with superior talent. 

???????

Harbaugh was the lone reason the Niners finished 8-8 that year. If not for him they'd have done worse. After he left the team Baalke continued to **** the Niners up, they had a massive exodus, and remember them hiring Chip Kelly and Jim Tomsula as successors to "The Great one"?

Niners are only now getting out of that deep hole that Baalke and incompetent ownership left. We forget so quickly what Harbaugh and Kaepernick did back then.

TL:DR; Harbaugh feuded with Baalke who was a terrible GM there (not sure how he got the gig in Jacksonville) and Niners paid for it, being so bad as to draft high enough to get Bosa. The Niners are good now with Shanahan but people really have forgotten what a dumpster fire they were...AFTER HARBAUGH LEFT

---------------------------------------

I mean I'll criticize Harbaugh and the main thing to nag him on now is not the inability to beat OSU (quelled that narrative) or "3-3 vs MSU  !!!11111" (crushed MSU in the worst beatdown Michigan has ever given MSU the year before Tucker arrived IIRC, and beat them again so badly in 2022 that MSU was forced to "start a fight" and gang up on a defenseless Michigan player in the tunnel after the game) but rather the inability to win postseason games. Michigan under Harbaugh has lost a game to Georgia and TCU both in pretty shocking fashion. It was why I wanted him gone 3 years ago as a Michigan fan. At that time Michigan couldn't beat OSU and had just come off one of the worst seasons ever, missing out on a bowl and opting out of the game against OSU due to COVID.

That's his main blemish at Michigan, not some trumped up recruiting charges which again also applied to Dantonio at MSU. That, and his constant flirting with the NFL. Been tired of hearing all offseason about how Harbaugh is going to jump ship the last 2 years. With these violations and sanctions comin' he might as well after this year and I don't blame him. The NCAA sucks. College game is great overall but the NCAA makes it difficult to like this sport by nitpicking over the most mundane things. Can't play this player. Can play this player, let him transfer 6 or 7 times. Can't recruit this, can't buy cheeseburgers, can't introduce players to NIL (Cavinder twins and John Ruiz). If he wants to leave all that behind and just focus on football I wouldn't blame him

Edited by ixcuincle

Fwiw, in the NFL of the last decade, if Blaine Gabbert, CJ Beathard, young Jimmy G, and Nick Mullens are your starting QBs, you won't win much. That was Baalke and whatever HC of the year they had..but it's also 💯 true.

It took an offensive genius like Kyle Shanahan to fully unlock Jimmy G and find/luck in to a top 10 QB like Brock Purdy as the last pick in the draft. SF wouldn't have wasted picks on Lance if they had listened to Shanahan or if, as alleged, Washington would have traded Cousins for the #2 pick in the draft. 

rip our passing game if we hire Harbaugh lol 

man likes smash mouth football 

Criticism of him before 2020 was bad coordinators and he adapted. actually got people interested in Josh Gattis who is **** lol. he'd be fine here but I'd prefer just promoting eb. that is all hypothetical though 

Edited by ixcuincle

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2023/09/14/mel-tucker-paid-amid-sexual-harassment-inquiry-stall-michigan-state/70856165007/

The upcoming hearing in the sexual harassment case against Michigan State University football coach Mel Tucker was supposed to have taken place weeks ago.

It was initially planned for the week before the 2023 college football season began. But Tucker and his attorney got it pushed back to early October, emails show – during the team’s bye week.

Anyone know "about" how much season tickets to a power 5 team cost? Had a buddy ask me to a game last season and I said sure! We head to the game and I ask him what I owe him and he says "oh, don't worry about it", so off we go and I really didn't give it another thought. Bought him some food and beers and all was great. So, he asks me again this week if I want to go and I again say "sure". This time, out of curiosity, I look up tickets for the game. On stubhub they were 300$ ea. a couple days ago. 250$ today. He's an alumni so perhaps he gets them cheaper? It's a non conference game, but not sure if that matters when buying season tickets. Thanks. Im sure he's again gonna say "don't worry about it" but for that kinda money Im gonna have to slide him something, even if I have to hide it in his ashtray. lol 

20 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Anyone know "about" how much season tickets to a power 5 team cost? Had a buddy ask me to a game last season and I said sure! We head to the game and I ask him what I owe him and he says "oh, don't worry about it", so off we go and I really didn't give it another thought. Bought him some food and beers and all was great. So, he asks me again this week if I want to go and I again say "sure". This time, out of curiosity, I look up tickets for the game. On stubhub they were 300$ ea. a couple days ago. 250$ today. He's an alumni so perhaps he gets them cheaper? It's a non conference game, but not sure if that matters when buying season tickets. Thanks. Im sure he's again gonna say "don't worry about it" but for that kinda money Im gonna have to slide him something, even if I have to hide it in his ashtray. lol 

I just checked at my alma mater (Big 10, MSU), ticket prices vary based on opponent.  Scrub teams its $65-125.  For games against good teams like Michigan it costs $100-$150 depending where you sit.  

Those are non-alumni prices.

• Like 1