Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The All Things 2022 OTAs/Training Camp Thread

Forever A Redskin

18 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

What's most interesting about that vid is how much responsibility Mayhew seems to have. We all kinda assume he's just a GM in name only but its kinda like him and Rivera are running things together. Its kinda like Veach and Reid in Kansas City or Schneider and Carroll in Seattle.

Yeah, the draft video was VERY insightful.  Apparently, GB offered #22+#53 for 11 and we took the NO offer instead (#16+#98+#120).  The Jets & Steelers were on the phone offering trades for #16.  Also, we were high on Kenyon Green (a guy Steve Mcqueen was high on as well). 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, the draft video was VERY insightful.  Apparently, GB offered #22+#53 for 11 and we took the NO offer instead (#16+#98+#120).  The Jets & Steelers were on the phone offering trades for #16.  Also, we were high on Kenyon Green (a guy Steve Mcqueen was high on as well). 

So cool seeing all of that. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during the entire process. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

In general I would 22 and 53 are a better offer than 16,98, 120.  I am wondering if we had our eyes on maybe four guys at 16 when we traded the 11 pick: Olave,  Green, Dotson, and Hamilton and figured one of them would be there at 16, but not at 22

I wonder how interested we were in Jordan Davis given that we used a second rounder on a DT.

Edited by philibusters

4 minutes ago, philibusters said:

In general I would 22 and 53 are a better offer than 16,98, 120.  I am wondering if we had our eyes on maybe four guys at 16 when we traded the 11 pick: Olave,  Green, Dotson, and Hamilton and figured one of them would be there at 16, but not at 22

I wonder how interested we were in Jordan Davis given that we used a second rounder on a DT.

I think we had a tier list and we rated Green & Dotson on the same tier (notice that Houston is on the clock is heard when Mayhew says Green).  When Green was picked at 15, it made our decision to stay (and not trade back) much easier as Dotson was probably our last "guy".  

I wonder what the trade offers were from the Jets & Pittsburgh?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Forgot all about lil Patterson 

I just don't see any way he's on the team.  Gibson, JD, and Robinson are locks.  Athletically, Patterson is a JAG.  He can't play teams (something a backup RB MUST do).  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Forgot all about lil Patterson 

I find it kind of fascinating comparing Patterson’s situation with Reyes.

Both played some last year, mostly due to depth issues.

Both big time underdog stories.

Both seem to be on the outside looking in this year.

Both are being pushed by mid round rooks.

Patterson with loads of experience at his position, but limited athletic upside vs Reyes who was rawer than raw, but ridiculous athleticism.

Patterson getting “challenged” by a guy who didn’t have nearly as much playing time in college, Reyes by 2 guys with lots of experience.

Regardless what happens with those two, that added competition and depth is big for those two units.

• Like 1