Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

29 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t think it’s a good idea to give one company any monopoly on social media. Facebook already owns instangram…0

There would be no Threads without Elon Musk. Zuck knew he couldn't compete there so never had a reason to try. I don't think Threads will be the new go to but Twitter or whatever it's called ain't it anymore.

• Thumb up 1

Manhattan federal prosecutors are investigating Tesla’s use of company funds on a secret project that had been described internally as a house for Chief Executive Elon Musk, people familiar with the matter said.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York has sought information about personal benefits paid to Musk, how much Tesla spent on the project—which called for a spacious glass structure to be built in the Austin, Texas, area—and what it was for, the people said.

The Securities and Exchange Commission has also opened a civil investigation into Project 42 and is seeking similar information from the company, one of the people said.

The SDNY and SEC investigations are in their early stages and may not lead to formal allegations of wrongdoing.

• Haha 1

Elon Musk lifts political ad ban at rebranded Twitter

Elon Musk on Tuesday lifted a ban on political ads put in place at Twitter to thwart misinformation before the billionaire bought the platform now called X.

Welcoming back potentially misleading political messages at X came less than a week after former president Donald Trump posted there for the first time since January 2021.

X said in a blog post that allowing political ads, starting in the United States, was "building on our commitment to free expression."

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

Threads has chronological following tab now so rip x

Honestly I used to check x every day but Elon has really f***ed it up. The rate limiting really makes it unusable. I'm at home all day how do you expect me to read tweets off my pc if you keep rate limiting my ass

Been looking for an app that posts social media timelines on my computer so I can see them scroll by in real time. Hoping Threads will be that but they don't even have a web app yet.

https://www.dexerto.com/tech/does-threads-work-on-desktop-2201468/

Currently, Threads does not have a web application. The only way you can log into Threads is by using your smartphone. Though, this might change soon.

According to a recent report, Meta might release the web app for Threads as soon as this week. Though there is no specific date linked to the release of a dedicated website, nor has Meta revealed the feature you’ll be able to enjoy on the Threads website.