Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Orioles doing the same thing again that forced the great John Miller to SF? 

Like father like son, I guess? 

I thought John Angelos was at least smart enough to hire good people and mostly get out of the way. 

How is there not someone in his ear to explain to him how there is no scenario where he looks good in this? 

got a proverbial chip on my shoulder so let me tee off, i'm ****ing pissed about this **** and o's fans had the unmitigated gall to argue with me and tell me the angelos weren't that bad

"THEY DEFENDED LABOR IN THE STRIKE"

"PETER ANGELOS IS A GOOD MAN"

Yinz need to open your eyes if you think Angelos or anyone assocoated with that family are "good people", they're pieces of **** who threaten to move the team and squabble among themselves for control of the club. We were "told" the sons wouldn't be as bad as the dad, turns out they're just as bad rofl

Snyder was a bad owner but Angelos was a close second. And when I pointed this out to Bawlmer fans they got so upset. Sorry the wool is over your eyes, hon.

7 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

got a proverbial chip on my shoulder so let me tee off, i'm ****ing pissed about this **** and o's fans had the unmitigated gall to argue with me and tell me the angelos weren't that bad

Yinz need to open your eyes if you think Angelos or anyone assocoated with that family are "good people", they're pieces of **** who threaten to move the team and squabble among themselves for control of the club. We were "told" the sons wouldn't be as bad as the dad, turns out they're just as bad rofl

Snyder was a bad owner but Angelos was a close second. And when I pointed this out to Bawlmer fans they got so upset. Sorry the wool is over your eyes, hon.

He's a ****ty owner for sure. When you remove the lewd and perverted things, it becomes a much closer race to the bottom. 

56 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Not sure what fans you interact with. Most Orioles fans despise Angelos and sons. 

In fact, there’s a large thread about this on Orioles Hangout and I actually John Angelos (or an associate) is on there attacking Brown and defending himself. It’s very entertaining.

• Thanks 1

Of course most O’s fans despise Peter. I do respect that he refused to go along with replacement players. And I do appreciate that he did lots of things for the city. 

His sons? Yea I don’t know. John seemed fine when you never heard from him and now that we are - it’s not great. 

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Not sure what fans you interact with. Most Orioles fans despise Angelos and sons. 

In fact, there’s a large thread about this on Orioles Hangout and I actually John Angelos (or an associate) is on there attacking Brown and defending himself. It’s very entertaining.

I legitmately had an argument with an orioles fan on reddit who said angelos was fine. Skins fan too. It's like what are you smoking lol

To be fair Angelos' worst incidents with Belle and Miller were in the 90's. They didn't do **** in 2000-2020. Angelos just sat in the background and rotted away

Edited by ixcuincle

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Mateo just made a very nice catch at the wall. Didn't know he could play center field like that.

Well he also broke the writing way on a ball in the 9th and missed it. Not blaming him because he’s not really a CF. 

Tucker ticked a 2-2 pitch in and out of McCann’s glove and then a couple pitches later it’s a grand slam. 7-6. ****. 

20 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

O’Hearn takes ball 4 to get the winning run to the plate and just kidding it’s called strike 3. 

Whelp. If they’re gonna do something in October they gotta win games like this. 

They have won these types of games way more often than they have not. They lead the majors in record in 1-run games. Losses like this will happen in a 162 game season. These boys have shown major resiliency all year and this will be just another bump in the road. 

35 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

They lead the majors in record in 1-run games.

I could be wrong, but wasn't that the case in 2012 or 2014? I remember one of those seasons was extremely stressful despite a deep playoff push because they won a bunch of 1 run games and could almost never pull off a series sweep, having a WHOLE bunch of 3 game series being won 2-1 or something?

Missed opportunities to add runs. 
Walked a guy batting 100. 

A bloop single from Altuve. 

Mateo whiffing on a catch that’s a 90/10 make for Mullins. 
A dropped foul tip on Tucker before the grand slam. 

Team loss. Ah well. I feel like this team bounces back after tough losses. 

• Like 1