Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Ron Rivera's job be in jeopardy after the 2022 season?

MrJL

The “respect” Ron appears to have gathered for the organization seems to have infatuated Danny (since he has so little).  I think Ron will be around for several more years regardless of the performance on the field.  If we draft a rookie QB to start sometime next year Ron will get at least 3 years to develop the new QB.  If we sign a journeyman QB I believe his leash will be a bit shorter, but will still get several years to make it work.

For what it’s worth, Ron inherited Haskins, made a reasonable offer for Stafford and was basically pushed into taking a risk with Fitzpatrick.  It would have been interesting to see how last year would have evolved with Fitz driving the show, but it certainly wasn’t Ron’s fault he got hurt.

The next one is on Ron.  If he picks well he’s here for a decade.  If he picks wrong he still lasts another 3 years. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

If he blows the quarterback selection he could be out by the end of next season.  This fan base has been through so much change over the years it will be braced

for more bad decisions by the Danny.

If its a rookie he'll get 2 years with him. If he sells us on Mitch and Taylor only QB room than its massive red flags 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

No it won’t be. Too much of a **** show to lose his credibility just yet.

Yep, and he's gonna win the NFC East for the 2nd time in 3 seasons here....I think it's more likely he'll get an extension if he wants one.