Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Off-Season "Who do we re-sign?" Thread

Voice_of_Reason

14 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Felt like Martinez was the guy they goofed on not going after two years ago. Perryman last year.

With either of those FA signings, they would then have allowed us drafting a LB in let's say the 3rd round last year instead of the first last year.  Martinez would have allowed for Bostic to be a backup two years ago

Joe Schobert could be a cap casualty of the Steelers. Not entirely clear if he’s a great fit in our D, but I know he was talked about a couple of years back when the Jags picked him up.

Could be cut, or the Steelers may look to recover the late day 3 pick they gave up for him. Basically got a 3 year 30mil deal left, or 2/20 if you void the final year. All non guaranteed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Felt like Martinez was the guy they goofed on not going after two years ago. Perryman last year.

With either of those FA signings, they would then have allowed us drafting a LB in let's say the 3rd round last year instead of the first last year.  Martinez would have allowed for Bostic to be a backup two years ago

Yeah, there's been a few of those LBs that became available.  The guy in GB, Devondre Campbell, was a June cut and was out there.  He was NFC defensive player of the month in Oct.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:12 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Joe Schobert could be a cap casualty of the Steelers. Not entirely clear if he’s a great fit in our D, but I know he was talked about a couple of years back when the Jags picked him up.

Could be cut, or the Steelers may look to recover the late day 3 pick they gave up for him. Basically got a 3 year 30mil deal left, or 2/20 if you void the final year. All non guaranteed. 

Joe Scho is a good coverage linebacker who is terrible against the run. If no other options, sure, but I'd avoid

On 1/7/2022 at 8:11 AM, justice98 said:

Going into the season, I may have agreed with this, but he barely played with Ioaniddis back.  He was getting single digit snaps for half the year.  I doubt some team is gonna pay him and make him a starter.  I think he'll take the chance to get more playing time.  But we'll see what the market is, since he barely got on the field.

I can see him getting something like a 3 year $10M deal

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Was there a President named Humphries ? If so, we should bring him back too.

As long as we don't name ourselves the Presidents.

Close,Hubert H.Humphrey Vice President under LBJ as well as a presidential candidate.

Edited by Tarpon75
  • Like 1

What are the thoughts on re signing payne?

Personally i think it would be a big mistake to sign an expensive Run Stuffing NT in 2022 when you just gave your 3T 70 mil with 2 pass rushing edges coming up that will need deals. That is way too much money to spend on one position group. 

As the wise Wu Tang Clan said on Chappelle show. "You gotta diversify your funds"

Payne is getting a deal by the looks of it. We’ve taken the 5th year option on Sweat and we get another year or so to see what we actually have in Young.

I think we could do with drafting a WR, IOL and QB which would release medium term cap pressure.