Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

There playing football broski.  How did the Wentz cannon help on that 1 yard INT pass posted above? Its a timing route all the way.  

Yes timing is important broski and having a stronger arm cuts down on the time needed to get the ball there. 

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yes timing is important broski and having a stronger arm cuts down on the time needed to get the ball there. 

Being on time helps much more.  As previously stated, TH has the arm to make this throw its almost irrelevant.  If you want to compile all a video of all the 65+ yard passes and deep outs that Wentz has thrown in his career then we can watch that. We all know TH does not have a great or even good arm.  I know you REALLY want to keep bringing it up but its not the reason he misses on every throw.  I dont think its helping the quality of your posts  to keep bringing it up.....Broski :P

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You can't argue with logic or reason with some people. 

Yeah I really don't get the binary thinking. Two things can simultaneously be true.

1) Heinicke was late on the throw and if his timing was better and he got it out earlier then it might have been a TD.

2) Heinicke's poor arm strength means he can't use his arm to make up for being late on the throw like other QBs can.

They're not mutually exclusive.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

And if we're going to boil divided groups of posters such as they actually present in posting, rather than labeling them haters or hive-rs, I prefer critics and cheerleaders or fanboys. I read maybe 2-3 regs that could be called "haters" per normal use of the term and about 10-12 regs that read like "hive-rs."

The dumb analytics I read are almost always from the "uber" pro-heinie guys. And yes, most (not all) of them seem generally impermeable to solid football points being made by the more critical types.

Meanwhile the vast majority of those more critical types tend to acknowledge the actual positives of the heinie experience to date.

So I see the "football dumb" stuff to be more the province of the uber pro side, fwiw.

We've beaten this Heinicke argument so far into the ground we're now having meta-debates and inventing advanced stats and analytics about the Heinicke debate itself. 😂

7 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

We've beaten this Heinicke argument so far into the ground we're now having meta-debates and inventing advanced stats and analytics about the Heinicke debate itself. 😂

I’m convinced not one person in this thread has an ounce of moxie or any experience seeing or feeling moxie in their environment. 

How can they speak on moxie?! 

Edited by wit33
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I’m convinced not one person in this thread has an ounce of moxie or any experience seeing or feeling moxie in their environment. 

Me and the Hive when someone says "moxie" isn't a real stat

Fi5bg0MXgAIfjb3?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, wit33 said:

I actually believe we only recently discovered the elusive M boson that carries the Moxie force in the Large Hadron Collider, so many of its properties are just now beginning to be studied in depth. These things take time.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

It's a premise that could be on point in general 😁, and I do appreciate the humor in the big picture 😀 but it doesn't accurately characterize my post so I wish you hadn't quoted it for this comment.😏

My main interest is about the quality of discussion, inc the back n forth "baiting", and I'm using details of the current situation to support the point.

That's something mods here, back in the day when they were recruited by OG staff, were actually charged with: posting at a quality level as often as possible and advocating for high standards of discussion and minimal trolling  across the site.

Whatever you thought of them, blade, die hard, om, pete, henry, sol, pcs, tk, all participated at that level and shared those goals.

That this not just be your typical-level sports message board was their reason for starting their own site(s).

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

All this back and forth on Heinicke, Wentz, and even Howell is just filler until we wait for what this organization needs to do.  And that, obviously, is to draft Trent Seaborn in 2030.  The 14 year old eighth grader won MVP at the Alabama 7A state championship last night. 

Case closed.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

It's a premise that could be on point in general 😁, and I do appreciate the humor in the big picture 😀 but it doesn't accurately characterize my post so I wish you hadn't quoted it for this comment.😏

My main interest is about the quality of discussion, inc the back n forth "baiting", and I'm using details of the current situation to support the point.

That's something mods here, back in the day when they were recruited by OG staff, were actually charged with: posting at a quality level as often as possible and advocating for high standards of discussion and minimal trolling  across the site.

Whatever you thought of them, blade, die hard, om, pete, henry, sol, pcs, tk, all participated at that level and shared those goals.

That this not just be your typical-level sports message board was their reason for starting their own site(s).

I hear you, but I think part of the magic (or poison) of the Heinicke debate specifically is just how unique the situation is.

I mean think of it, Heinicke pops out of nowhere in a season derailed by Haskins (RIP) and One Legged Alex Smith and immediately jumps off the screen and into our hearts. The staff has tried to replace him as QB1 twice in as many seasons and this offseason will make 3 for 3. Yet here he is, chugging along and posting one of the best records of a Washington starting QB in recent memory.

He's both just good enough and just not good enough. If he were a little taller, a little stronger, a little speedier, a little smarter... or a little shorter, a little weaker, a little slower, a little dumber, his fate would have been sealed one way or the other by now.

We've had damn near enough variables line up to make this debate as white-hot and everlasting as it is as the universe did to allow for water and habitable life to emerge on earth.

He's the messy on-again, off-again girlfriend who you know you shouldn't put a ring on but just can't seem to find someone better than, and **** she makes you feel good, but not great, and not always, but what's love anyway?

I feel like this particular situation is so unique and specific that it almost makes it impossible to have a rational conversation beyond a certain point. It's the Heinicke Black Hole... eventually you reach the event horizon and get sucked in. Nothing intelligent happens beyond that point.

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

38 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Did someone just use the term "broski"???  ROFLAO!!!  Well played! The 20th Century would like thier slang back!   

image.png.7647d7487f5e602dd83b04890340a5e3.png

At least he didn't say Broseph I guess. 

But when you're trying to make the "a weak arm is better for certain passes" argument, 80s movie slang helps hide your tracks. Ols

• Haha 3
  • Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

You don't need sneakers to run a marathon, but it certainly helps.

Do you actually have a scientific study to support your claim? Humans ran and walked for millions of years before shoes were invented and yet we still survived.

Edited by zCommander
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Do you actually have a scientific study to support your claim? Humans ran and walked for millions of years before shoes were invented and yet we still survived.

Yes, mr anti-science 😛, but they didn't run nearly as fast.

Of course, it would be consistent with your QB posts to advocate in favor of a base level of survival while challenging moves that lead to superior performance to enhance that survival. 😈😁🤪

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Yes, mr anti-science 😛, but they didn't run nearly as fast.

Of course, it would be consistent with your QB posts to advocate in favor of a base level of survival while challenging moves that lead to superior performance to enhance that survival. 😈😁🤪

I wanted to like and I laugh at the same time as well. Becuase somehow I fell in my own smart ass hole. Well done Jumbo. 👍

But yeah at this piont we are just surving regardless of arm strenght and constantly brining that up does nothing for me anymore. Survive and win is all there is left now. 

Edited by zCommander