Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, bowhunter said:

If they're seriously considering Johnny Jim, I would think Arizona might consider sending us OT DJ Humphries and their 2 firsts? Either JJ or Drake should still be there at 4

Not sure there's any reason for Arizona to trade up, they're not drafting a QB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Honestly, if we aren’t sold on Maye, or Daniels even, a creative FO would trade out then back up. They’d find the trade partners IMO.

GMAP: "We're comfortable at 2"

Est.1974: "Maybe they'll still trade back!!!"

• Haha 5

Just now, mistertim said:

GMAP: "We're comfortable at 2"

Est.1974: "Maybe they'll still trade back!!!"

You really should be more open minded :ols:

Peters rolled out quite a few vanilla statements in that presser.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

You really should be more open minded :ols:

Peters rolled out quite a few vanilla statements in that presser.

He said earlier in the process that they're keeping all options open, including possibly trading back.

Now later in the process he's literally said they're comfortable at 2.

This is really pretty straightforward.

• Like 2

He said earlier in the process that they're keeping all options open, including possibly trading back.

Now later in the process he's literally said they're comfortable at 2.

This is really pretty straightforward.

I think what is straight forward is that nobody really has a clue what we are doing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Man you are desperate.   :ols: 

Actually I’m not. I am fine to roll with whatever QB we take at whatever selection.

I’m just not totally closed off to potential outcomes like you are.:)

43 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think you're being overly sensitive here. Most people in this forum have basically said "McCarthy is a solid prospect, but I think he'd be a reach at #2 overall and I wouldn't draft him there"

That's not "hate". Saying "McCarthy sucks and I wouldn't even draft him in the 7th round" would be hate. 

Not here I was talking about twitter lol

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

If we select him, that's going to be a huge boost for their social network account. I'm also wondering if Adam Peters had a conversation with Jim Harbaugh ?

As you mentioned I really like the ability of a QB to be able to read defenses properly and to call his plays. I've always favored brain and mindset over physical traits.

I'd bet my house that Adam Peters had a conversation with Harbaugh. And about several Michigan players. Colson, McCarthy, Wilson, Sainristil, Zinter, Corum...

It would be negligent if our staff DIDNT talk to Michigan about these prospects. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Actually I’m not. I am fine to roll with whatever QB we take at whatever selection.

I’m just not totally closed off to potential outcomes like you are.:)

Yes, we don't know who they'll pick.

GMAP is very deliberate and careful in what he says.

He has been very vague and general about who they like, not tipping his hand at all.

But now he has said publicly that they're comfortable at 2. Very specifically and clearly.

So your opinion is that we should listen to GMAP when he says one thing, but shouldn't when he says something else when it contradicts what we want him to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He has been very vague and general about who they like, not tipping his hand at all.

But now he has said publicly that they're comfortable at 2. Very specifically and clearly.

So your opinion is that we should listen to GMAP when he says one thing, but shouldn't when he says something else when it contradicts what we want him to do.

My opinion is that we can all interpret what’s being said however we want. All indications are that we’re picking #2. But if you want to believe that we haven’t picked our QB yet, then the respective prospects have strong followings from other teams. 

So for example, if we end up favouring JJ then a creative FO would think about trade options given the vast amount of interest in both Daniels and Maye. There is a massive difference in value comparing the #2 and #4 draft picks.

16 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

If they're seriously considering Johnny Jim, I would think Arizona might consider sending us OT DJ Humphries and their 2 firsts? Either JJ or Drake should still be there at 4

Dj Humphries is a free agent, and the cardinals have no reason to move up to 2 to grab a wide receiver when there will be an elite one sitting there for them at 4 most likely the pick of any they want.

If they traded to 2 it'd be to shock the world and move on from Murray but I doubt that's happening. 

I've been back and forth a bunch on these two QBs...

Daniels - very accurate, good pocket presence, good deep ball, best wheels in the class, and very good read progression. Arm not as strong as other QB prospects, and of course his small stature. He has played longer than most, but i like that he has improved the longer he has played. Something switched on, and he has been really good since mid-2022.

Maye -  not as accurate, bigger windup, footwork needs some help. Looks the part (but more and more, i don't think that even matters - plenty of past QBs "look" the part, but have not panned out). Has a very good NFL arm that can make all the throws. Is young, so we have no proof that he can get better in time, like Daniels has shown already.

Both have risk. However, if you are going to swing, it might as well be a BIG swing. There is no guarantee Maye will improve with time, while Daniels has already shown that growth. I think that is a huge deciding factor. Add the fact that Daniels is a true dual threat QB, putting intense pressure on the defense, and I think the Commanders select JD, and hope he can remain healthy. I'll stand behind Maye if he is the pick, and hope his accuracy gets better.

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

My opinion is that we can all interpret what’s being said however we want. All indications are that we’re picking #2. But if you want to believe that we haven’t picked our QB yet, then the respective prospects have strong followings from other teams. 

So for example, if we end up favouring JJ then a creative FO would think about trade options given the vast amount of interest in both Daniels and Maye. There is a massive difference in value comparing the #2 and #4 draft picks.

If they truly love McCarthy they'll take him at 2. If you're picking your franchise QB you don't get cute with drafting him and try moving up and down and sideways and take the chance of missing him.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

But who was he telling that to?

I'm not wagering a guess, but if I am some team looking to trade up and I hear that, I'd think I gotta come with a mafia offer to get this team to move off that spot based on that comment.

In other words, Peters isnt stupid, he could just as easily be posturing to drive up the value.

I personally believe we are sticking and picking at #2, but in the same presser he said they dont have to make a decision yet which also leaves the door open for anything.

But I digress and will concede any perspective on his comments because we're still in lying season and I'm quite proud of the fact that we have actual football strategists in charge that are playing the game correctly at this stage. I want to know, but I also DONT want to know.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, illone said:

In other words, Peters isnt stupid, he could just as easily be posturing to drive up the value.

I personally believe we are sticking and picking at #2, but in the same presser he said they dont have to make a decision yet which also leaves the door open for anything.

Well said.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, illone said:

But who was he telling that to?

I'm not wagering a guess, but if I am some team looking to trade up and I hear that, I'd think I gotta come with a mafia offer to get this team to move off that spot based on that comment.

But I digress and will concede any perspective on his comments because we're still in lying season and I'm quite proud of the fact that we have actual football strategists in charge that are playing the game correctly at this stage. I want to know, but I also DONT want to know.

Again, we can't have it both ways.

We can't say on one hand that GMAP is very deliberate and clear about what he says so we should take what he DOES say at his word, but then turn around and decide the opposite when he says something else.

Which one is it? Do we believe what he says in public or no?

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Well said.

:cheers:

The most important part of that presser was when he thanked staff members and made a comment about the D+ nutrition grade. Everything else was a large nothing burger.

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

I've been back and forth a bunch on these two QBs...

Daniels - very accurate, good pocket presence, good deep ball, best wheels in the class, and very good read progression. Arm not as strong as other QB prospects, and of course his small stature. He has played longer than most, but i like that he has improved the longer he has played. Something switched on, and he has been really good since mid-2022.

Maye -  not as accurate, bigger windup, footwork needs some help. Looks the part (but more and more, i don't think that even matters - plenty of past QBs "look" the part, but have not panned out). Has a very good NFL arm that can make all the throws. Is young, so we have no proof that he can get better in time, like Daniels has shown already.

Both have risk. However, if you are going to swing, it might as well be a BIG swing. There is no guarantee Maye will improve with time, while Daniels has already shown that growth. I think that is a huge deciding factor. Add the fact that Daniels is a true dual threat QB, putting intense pressure on the defense, and I think the Commanders select JD, and hope he can remain healthy. I'll stand behind Maye if he is the pick, and hope his accuracy gets better.

So the 23 year old 5 year starter clearly can continue to improve, but the 21 year old 2 year starter can't?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Which one is it? Do we believe what he says in public or no?

It depends what he says lol. 

Right now? I believe nothing unless it's NON-draft related.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, illone said:

It depends what he says lol. 

Right now? I believe nothing unless it's NON-draft related.

Just now, Est.1974 said:

We can.

Its situational.

So I was right. "If he says what I want, I believe him. If he says what I don't want, I don't believe him"

• Like 1

To be fair, given the great “trade back vs. AP said we won’t so we won’t” debate of April ‘24…

I don’t care what Peters said. Nothing… NOTHING*… any of these guys say right now should be taken at face value. Even if it’s true. 

*-the exception is when your HC/GM is Ron Rivera

• Like 1
  • Haha 2