Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

33 minutes ago, Alexa said:

First of all I was not in hiding. My interest in the team isn't what it once was so I don't come on here every single day. Stop trying to bully me. It ain't gonna work.

So you just show up every now and then to perform loud and wrong drive-by posting, based very loosely on any facts, and when someone immediately challenges your hot takes you ignore that until your next drive-by?

Meanwhile, you have the audacity to suggest calling you out on this BS is bullying?  That's cute.

Also how is what the owner of the team says is a nothing burger? He owns the team!!!   Do you know him personally??  So what if he is a drunk. He still knows more about HIS team than you do. He knows more about the guy than you do!!!  Do you know how ridiculous you sound? 

So do you take Dan Snyder's word on anything?  Did you take Bruce Allen's word on anything?  Did you take Vinny Cerrato's word on anything?

He talked w/ the vets of the team who didn't give Wentz a ringing endorsement. What more do you want? The players may say nice things in public to be PC but behind closed doors is a totally different story. 

I expected nothing less than for Irsay to use 'anonymous sources' to validate his decision.  I mean, after all, we've seen this exact same scenario play out here.  

Why would these players go out of their way to tell Carson how much they appreciate and respect him?  What's the motive for that?  Again, they went out of their way to do it.  They weren't being prompted or forced to do it. 

Listen to yourself, you are choosing to willfully ignore what the most important players on the Colts roster, chose to go out of their way to say about Carson in lieu of a drunk, pill popping owner's anonymous sources that nobody can corroborate.  It's been a month now, that's more than enough time for players to anonymously dish dirt on Carson to the press, and there's been none of it.  And I'm the one who's being ridiculous 🤣.

Also you are totally ignoring the other sources I gave. The GM of the team basically said he can't hit the easy routine plays. He saw the guy every single day for OTA's, training camp, preseason and regular season. So Ballard is wrong and you are right? You don't make any sense. Tell me how you know more than Ballard does? What about the Eagles? His former head coach who is a former NFL QB benched him for a QB who can't throw the ball on an NFL level.

The sources you gave were just names with zero substance behind them.  You referred to Reich who has never said a bad thing about Carson.  You are referring to Ballard who also couldn't muster anything bad to say about him or even remotely explain why they moved on from him.  You refer to Doug Pederson and Deuce Staley, who haven't said anything bad about the guy.  You are taking one comment and exaggerating it because you think it suits your argument.  There's a reason why nobody here is buying what you're selling.  And you are debating with one of the most absolute anti-homers that has a hard time buying anything that this team is selling.

You can keep sticking up for the guy all you want but facts are facts. I have serious doubts if he will make it here and everything I have said has been backed up w/ facts. What you say is basically I'm the smartest guy in the room and I know more than everyone else.. 

Literally nothing you've said is backed up by facts.  It's backed up by propaganda that you swallow every last drop of because it makes you feel better about your bad takes.  Again, there's a reason nobody is buying what you're selling.  Because it's crap, pure unadulterated crap.

Carson may very well not be very good here, as that would be common for every move this franchise has made.  I don't even love the guy as a QB.  There is fair criticism of him to be had, you're just not providing that - you're just rehashing, assuming, embellishing and exaggerating to make yourself feel better.

15 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Seems to me I'm spitting out facts and you guys don't like it. 

My god man, how many times do we have to spell it out?  You are coming across like Skip Bayless or one of those blowhards that presents very little facts and a whole lot of hyperbolic opinion.  Only those guys get paid a lot to do that and here you are just volunteering your efforts for free.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Battered Fan...

Ballard said Wentz " misses the layups"  FACT

Two teams gave up on him  in two years..  FACT

Doug Peterson benched him for Hurts  FACT

Wentz was confronted by Darren Sproles for acting like a spoiled baby  FACT

In 8 starts last year Wentz didn't reach 200 yards  FACT

Ballard and Irsay saw Wentz up close more than you   FACT

3 hours ago, Conn said:

I’m not talking about general disfunction, we have that worse than anywhere else in the league obviously. But players can get past that and play, for better or worse, when the coach is in good standing the way that Rivera is and the drama is mostly about the FO in non-football related matters. I’m talking about the type of personal animosity and weird vibes that existed for Wentz with Irsay, that’s kind of different and doesn’t exist here with Rivera being the ”culture” guy that will be interfacing with Wentz and the team the most. That’s abnormal drama even for a bad NFL owner. 

Irsay, didn't like Wentz from the moment they traded for him. His anger grew each day until the Jacksonville game was the final straw.

I'm tired of rehashing Carson's past. When is minicamp? Time to talk about Carson's present and hopefully long future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

He actually said "Make the layups.  Just make the layups."  He also said a lot of other stuff, but you seem like a headline reader.  Obviously he was referring to Jacksonville as the layup.  Clearly they were pissed they lost that game.  Ring a bell?  2016 - Cousins, and all the drama that ensued here as a result.

3 minutes ago, Alexa said:

There are various reports in regards to his time in Philly as to how all that went down, with some suggesting Carson was pressing to move on.

4 minutes ago, Alexa said:

He was playing badly on a bad team, which normally ends up with the QB being benched.  Again, as I said - there is criticism to be had in regards to his play, otherwise he wouldn't have been available to us.  But you do very little arguing with facts about play and a whole lot of blowhard hot takes with no substance.

4 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I don't see where anyone has ever disputed that Wentz could have handled his injury better during that SB season.  However, nobody has stepped up and validated what you're talking about, just a bunch of 'i wasn't there, but..." stories.  What Wentz felt was what every player in his situation would feel, it sounds like he was just immature and stupid to say it out loud.

14 minutes ago, Alexa said:

During the welcome party for Jonathan Taylor becoming their own Derrick Henry.  And?

And all the players who wished him well and went out of their way to say nice things about him, ya know - actually played with him.

Beyond all that, I'm not surprised you went the lazy man route with your response instead of tackling all that I put out there for you, so I'm done here - I'll let the rest of the gang continue to pile on and then you'll leave and come back with more loud and wrong takes at a later date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Imagine if your company hired someone younger and cheaper at your position.

I'd plant some cocaine in their car and call the feds on their **** ass.

Homie don't play that game.

51 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Seems to me I'm spitting out facts and you guys don't like it. 

GAimage.jpg

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

I'm not saying Irsay isn't a asshole. But just cause he is an asshole or a drunk means he doesn't know his football team??  Basically some of you are discrediting his football IQ cause he has personal issues.  But forget Irsay,I'll go back to  Ballard-  he also didn't give a ringing endorsement. They traded him w/out a viable option and the Eagles traded him having  Hurts. These are facts and they don't make Wentz look good. Two huge red flags. 

Now he's supposed to come here and be the franchise savior? It's not going to happen. 

You're missing the point regarding Irsay. We have absolutely no way of knowing if he actually heard any of that from any players. He said all that stuff without giving any sort of evidence or names. Whereas all the players who came out in support of Wentz did so out in the open and on the record.

Given how clear it is that Irsay is personally and emotionally invested in it and given his past ridiculous histrionics, I don't think it's necessarily a stretch to imagine that he basically just made up the stuff about veteran leaders telling him bad stuff about Wentz so he could keep attacking Wentz in order to soothe his own ego.

And Ballard is just a dude with an opinion, nothing else.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Battered Fan...

Chris...I mean "Alexa", please go back and address:

1. What Jeffery Lurie said about him. Pretty sure he knows him better than you.

2. What Frank Reich said about him recently. Pretty sure it contradicts this idea that he was done with him.

3. Reports from both the Commanders (like Keim, Standing, Galdi) and Colts (2 different Athletic reporters who's name escape me right now) said that this was ENTIRELY owner driven, Ballard and Reich were NOT on board just dumping him without a back up plan.

Those are facts too. Please address.

11 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You're missing the point regarding Irsay. We have absolutely no way of knowing if he actually heard any of that from any players. He said all that stuff without giving any sort of evidence or names. Whereas all the players who came out in support of Wentz did so out in the open and on the record.

Given how clear it is that Irsay is personally and emotionally invested in it and given his past ridiculous histrionics, I don't think it's necessarily a stretch to imagine that he basically just made up the stuff about veteran leaders telling him bad stuff about Wentz so he could keep attacking Wentz in order to soothe his own ego.

And Ballard is just a dude with an opinion, nothing else.

Yep, the GM of an NFL team who has been a scout and or a coach for almost 30 years is just a dude w/ an opinion. Question, if he is just a dude w/ an opinion then what are you? lol. 

18 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We need you to visit Dan's yacht.

Oh I am getting some cadavers, dressing them up like hookers, putting Snyder DNA all over them (by any means necessary)....and definitely leaving an upper decker.

comedy central cartman GIF - GIF Animado | REYGIF

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Yep, the GM of an NFL team who has been a scout and or a coach for almost 30 years is just a dude w/ an opinion. Question, if he is just a dude w/ an opinion then what are you? lol. 

Jim Irsay was named GM and VP in 1984. A position he held until being replaced by Bill Tobin in 1993. This was his record:

image.png.0ed58625352c27a8a0352986ae141665.png

Since you tout his football acumen, these are FACTS that dispute he is an astute talent evaluator.

13 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Without any substantial evidence or allegations, Ballard is just a dude giving an opinion. Which is exactly what I am and you are.

Ballard was decidedly wishy-washy when talking about Wentz. He didn't go all out and agree with Irsay, but he also didn't go in the other direction and give an endorsement. Basically he was straddling the line. His thoughts were mostly those of a politician trying not to take any side (and keep his job in good standing).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No offense to Ballard, but I can’t help but laugh at Alexa’s defense of him.  As if Ron hasn’t lived, ate, sleep and breathed football his whole life.  Yet his opinion means nothing.

Or how Alexa just blatantly ignores anything contrary to his ranting...I am more and more convinced he is Chris Russell.

• Like 1

Battered Fan-  you are just totally missing my point or you are just trying to twist things to fit your narrative. It's annoying. Everytime  I have presented you w/ something you simply try to pass it off... 

like the reason Wentz can't get  200 yards in half his games is because he plays w/ Taylor? That to me is just crazy. That is a poor excuse.  In one game he threw for 57 yards. That is almost impossible to do in an NFL pass happy league. He had 148 against the Raiders. How do you do that against that crappy defense? Heinicke can do better than that. I was watching the talking head show w/ Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless. Shannon mentioned that Wentz is a 50% passer w/out screen plays being called. Only one other QB was worse.  Again these are more facts that I'm bringing to you but your comeback will be..  " yeah but his wr's sucked,  his o-line can't block, he had a headache during those games"  Your comebacks have no merit to them at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Without any substantial evidence or allegations, Ballard is just a dude giving an opinion. Which is exactly what I am and you are.

Ballard was decidedly wishy-washy when talking about Wentz. He didn't go all out and agree with Irsay, but he also didn't go in the other direction and give an endorsement. Basically he was straddling the line. His thoughts were mostly those of a politician trying not to take any side (and keep his job in good standing).

When the GM of the team says you have a difficult time making the routine plays I'd hardly call that being wishy washy. I'd call that the GM not thinking too highly of his starter. 

9 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Battered Fan-  you are just totally missing my point or you are just trying to twist things to fit your narrative. It's annoying. Everytime  I have presented you w/ something you simply try to pass it off... 

like the reason Wentz can't get  200 yards in half his games is because he plays w/ Taylor? That to me is just crazy. That is a poor excuse.  In one game he threw for 57 yards. That is almost impossible to do in an NFL pass happy league. He had 148 against the Raiders. How do you do that against that crappy defense? Heinicke can do better than that. I was watching the talking head show w/ Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless. Shannon mentioned that Wentz is a 50% passer w/out screen plays being called. Only one other QB was worse.  Again these are more facts that I'm bringing to you but your comeback will be..  " yeah but his wr's sucked,  his o-line can't block, he had a headache during those games"  Your comebacks have no merit to them at all. 

You keep telling yourself that but there’s a reason you’re on an island, muttering to yourself, patting yourself on the back because nobody else will do it for you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No offense to Ballard, but I can’t help but laugh at Alexa’s defense of him.  As if Ron hasn’t lived, ate, sleep and breathed football his whole life.  Yet his opinion means nothing.

True but Ron is a coach, not a GM. Right now I'd trust Ballard's opinion on him over what Ron thinks simply because the Colts have had a full season w/ Wentz. Ron hasn't. This time next year Ron may come to the same conclusion that Ballard, Irsay, and the Eagles organization came to. 

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You keep telling yourself that but there’s a reason you’re on an island, muttering to yourself, patting yourself on the back because nobody else will do it for you.

I love being on an island. I'm not here to make internet buddies. 

Maggie Smith Kettle GIF - Maggie Smith Kettle Calling The Pot - Discover &  Share GIFs

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Or how Alexa just blatantly ignores anything contrary to his ranting...I am more and more convinced he is Chris Russell.

Nope. Couldn't be more wrong. I can't listen to that guy for 5 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Doesn't disprove you're Chris Russell. I'd hate me too if I were him.

But since I have your attention, Chris Ballard, direct quote: "Carson Wentz played a lot of good football for us...it was a tough decision..."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'd plant some cocaine in their car and call the feds on their **** ass.

Homie don't play that game.

GAimage.jpg

6 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Why don't you just say "I was wrong, his teammates didn't hate him and the 2-1 ratio I made up was wrong", so we can all just move on?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alexa said:

When the GM of the team says you have a difficult time making the routine plays I'd hardly call that being wishy washy. I'd call that the GM not thinking too highly of his starter. 

You seem absolutely married to this opinion, so there's probably not much purpose in debating this with you much further.

Irsay is a lunatic who tossed around allegations without any proof or corroboration, Ballard is a GM who works directly for that lunatic and who has a vested interest in not veering too far from Irsay if he wants to keep his job, and Wentz had plenty of former teammates speak out publicly on the record in support. Also don't forget about how highly Reich has spoken of Wentz since they traded him.

That doesn't mean that there should be no worry at all about Wentz and how well he'll fit, but there's a ton of smoke there that indicates that the move was quite likely Irsay personally freaking out and demanding that Wentz be kicked to the curb, possibly in contradiction to how the coach and others felt.

• Thanks 1

Riggo44- when did I tout Irsay's football acumen? lol.   All I am saying is he  knows more on Wentz than anyone here does. Including myself. Would you not agree w/ that? Again, he saw Wentz for a full season, a full off season, training camp, I'd say that gives him a bit more info on the guy than we have. 

Everyone here is dismissing his opinion on Wentz just cause he's got personal issues. I find that unfair. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You seem absolutely married to this opinion, so there's probably not much purpose in debating this with you much further.

Irsay is a lunatic who tossed around allegations without any proof or corroboration, Ballard is a GM who works directly for that lunatic and who has a vested interest in not veering too far from Irsay if he wants to keep his job, and Wentz had plenty of former teammates speak out publicly on the record in support. Also don't forget about how highly Reich has spoken of Wentz since they traded him.

That doesn't mean that there should be no worry at all about Wentz and how well he'll fit, but there's a ton of smoke there that indicates that the move was quite likely Irsay personally freaking out and demanding that Wentz be kicked to the curb, possibly in contradiction to how the coach and others felt.

I'm not married to it. I have brought up several other things that support my opinions on Wentz.