Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I dont think he will be terrible but he will cost alot more then expected. 

I don't think he will be terrible either.  I am betting on a range of "meh" and bad.  But some good games sprinkled in the mix.  Below average QBs are rarely bad in a straight line.  Trubisky like Heinicke I'd bet have some good games and will find some passionate supporters here for it but overall more bad than good and i would bet it flames out.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

11 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

???

sorry, when I started typing the last post was about Malik Willis so I didn't quote it in my reply to SoCalSkins.

Also, a bit distracted but my point is---I don't want some fake and I don't trust the situation and SCS is correct to worry about an RG3 type ego.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Here's my take on Trubisky and where I've gone from "meh" about him where i don't think he's good but I could live with it to I don't want anything to do with him.

My "meh" period about Trubisky.  

A.  I studied him a little but not much

B.  I thought we'd get him cheap

C.  This is the key, he'd just be something you'd fly against the wall along with a first round pick -- so you got nothing to lose

My current take about Trubisky

A.  i get the impression that Ron is taking Buffalo's word on Trubisky and the more I delve into that it feels like Buffalo is doing Trubisky a solid for feeiling indebted to him for running the scouting team with class -- he had no complaints, no ego.  It's not a we fixed him narrative.  It's a narrative that seems more driven by we love the person.  And reading about Trubisky he seems like a super nice guy.  That's cool.  So was John Beck and most of the QBs we've had. 

B.  I've watched a lot of Qb interviews over the years and read about plenty of them.  I don't think I've ever left it with an overriding impression that said QB isn't the brightest dude in the world until delving into Trubisky.

C.  As a passer on most metrics he's just as bad as flame outs like Darnold and Rosen.  And he looks it too.  Bad accuracy.  Bad decision making.  Not the smartest QB. 

D.  The build up to him to me comes across silly.  Some may forget but Rosen and Darnold has similar build ups.  It seems like every year now there is some du jour reclamation project who was a high draft pick who can be fixed.  That's fine.  But both the Dolphins and Panthers overpaid for those mistakes.  I don't want to be the next time.  No way I am giving up him 10 million plus a year and assuring him we aren't taking a Qb high in the draft -- IMO that's crazy. 

I do think purely as a runner, he's far from elite but he's genuinely good on that front both as for a runner in open field and scrambiling around the pocket.  if it weren't for that I'd be exactly as down on him as I was on Darnold and Rosen.  He IMO is a half peg better than them.  His ceiling IMO is Daniel Jones. 

This was gold SIP.  Another factor in the Trubisky crush is that he wasn't on the field that much last year.  Less evidence of his "meh"-ness.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

A.  i get the impression that Ron is taking Buffalo's word on Trubisky and the more I delve into that it feels like Buffalo is doing Trubisky a solid for feeiling indebted to him for running the scouting team with class -- he had no complaints, no ego.  It's not a we fixed him narrative.  It's a narrative that seems more driven by we love the person.  And reading about Trubisky he seems like a super nice guy.  That's cool.  So was John Beck and most of the QBs we've had. 

D.  The build up to him to me comes across silly.  Some may forget but Rosen and Darnold had similar build ups.  It seems like every year now there is some du jour reclamation project who was a high draft pick who can be fixed.  That's fine.  But both the Dolphins and Panthers overpaid for those mistakes.  I don't want to be the next team.  No way I am giving up him 10 million plus a year and assuring him we aren't taking a Qb high in the draft -- IMO that's crazy. 

Spot on, A & D scare the hell out of me. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Here's my take on Trubisky and where I've gone from "meh" about him where i don't think he's good but I could live with it to I don't want anything to do with him.

My "meh" period about Trubisky.  

A.  I studied him a little but not much

B.  I thought we'd get him cheap

C.  This is the key, he'd just be something you'd fly against the wall along with a first round pick -- so you got nothing to lose

My current take about Trubisky

B.  I've watched a lot of Qb interviews over the years and read about plenty of them.  I don't think I've ever left it with an overriding impression that said QB isn't the brightest dude in the world until delving into Trubisky.

C.  As a passer on most metrics he's just as bad as flame outs like Darnold and Rosen.  And he looks it too.  Bad accuracy.  Bad decision making.  Not the smartest QB. 

D.  The build up to him to me comes across silly.  Some may forget but Rosen and Darnold had similar build ups.  It seems like every year now there is some du jour reclamation project who was a high draft pick who can be fixed.  That's fine.  But both the Dolphins and Panthers overpaid for those mistakes.  I don't want to be the next team.  No way I am giving up him 10 million plus a year and assuring him we aren't taking a Qb high in the draft -- IMO that's crazy. 

I do think purely as a runner, he's far from elite but he's genuinely good on that front both as for a runner in open field and scrambiling around the pocket.  if it weren't for that I'd be exactly as down on him as I was on Darnold and Rosen.  He IMO is a half peg better than them.  His ceiling IMO is Daniel Jones. 

I understand you not liking him as a player.  I agree. We can do better.  We've called the FA QBs names out.  I'm with you, SIP.  Sad. but listening to that Schefter podcast snippet, it almost sounds like he knows he's going to sign here. :(  

Just now, RWJ said:

I understand you not liking him as a player.  I agree. We can do better.  We've called the FA QBs names out.  I'm with you, SIP.  Sad. but listening to that Schefter podcast snippet, it almost sounds like he knows he's going to sign here. :(  

He won’t play 8 games even if healthy is my prediction. I seriously doubt he moves the offense better than Heinicke or Kyle Allen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I was reading there an outside shot the raiders may look at Watson.

RR and Co. need to get a firm offer into Davis and Co. and do what it takes for him to be a Commander!  It shouldn't cost as much as trying to trade for Wilson.  

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If Trubisky is that good gmen will get him after last year on the Bills. He would beat out Jones become starter.

We can hope.  I will tell you this. I am a No to Jimmy G/Wentz even if they are released.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Or just coincidental.  I'm a benefit of the doubt type person also.  If someone was to catch the incident, they were going to be associated with the NFL Combine circus on some level.  

To make it a decision not to draft, like "Ghost Of" opinion seems  ...  wonky?  paranoid?  good sense?  IDK

:229:The Rook

Yeah that's why I'm not necessarily assuming it's fake or anything. But it does seem just a little bit suspect that someone who also happened to be a sports marketer/brand builder who Willis follows on social media also happened to be in the exact right spot at the exact right time to get a rock solid video of the whole thing. 

But as you said, it's also possible that it was just a coincidence, so absent more proof of anything not on the up-and-up, I'll go with it was just him being nice to a homeless person and it happened to be caught on camera.

10 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Or just coincidental.  I'm a benefit of the doubt type person also. 

I think Willis followed him after he saw what was posted by this media guy also is there proof that this guy was already being followed by Willis first though? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Yeah, run don't walk away from him. Last thing we need is another phony. At least when a guy puts in time at a soup kitchen he actually has to spend time there. A lot of people are much more fake than you'd want to contemplate but this is too far.

Meh. It was probably the guy who shot the vid that talked him into it. He still went along. But this incident isnt the reason I have little interest in Willis. His decision making against talented teams this past season is. He has the tools. But makes too many absolutely boneheaded decisions. IF he ever becomes a franchise QB it is going to take years. And that is a luxury this team doesnt have right now. 

28 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Holy ****. How depressing would it be to get rejected by Jimmy ****ing Garoppolo? 

That's like trying to hook up with several really hot girls, getting rejected, then saying "Ok fine, I guess I'll settle for that 4 over there...at least I'll get some" and then when you go up to talk to her she says "Um, go away, loser"

:ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Spot on, A & D scare the hell out of me. 

Yeah me too.  We had more of a consensus on the QB thread trashing Darnold for example so it might have felt different last year as for overall sentiment about Darnold.  But it was really almosty identical to this Trubisky hype with the national media.  Rosen, too.  Same stuff almost to a tee.  Who is going to be next year's media darling reclamation project --  my money is on Daniel Jones. 😀

It's not like I am down on Trubisky purely based on being concerned about the hype.  I've done my homework on Trubisky as i did on Rosen and Darnold.  I am no expert but heck all we got is our opinions so I am riding with mine here.  I was very down on Rosen.  Very down on Darnold.  I am not down to the same extent on Trubisky purely because of his mobility but otherwise he's almost as horrendous a passer IMO as Rosen and Darnold.

And while its sweet that the Bills coaches want Trubisky to marry their daughters.  And how generous Trubisky was running the scouting team -- helping the Bills first teamers get a read on the upcoming QB they were about to face, etc.  And him running the scout team without an ego like it was beneath him, etc.  As I delved into Trubisky yeah he comes off as a super sweet guy, nice person. I don't doubt that.  But so what?  Can you fix a Qb with poor accuracy, poor decision making and poor football intelligence?  I got my doubts.  And I am not alone on this.  PFF in particular keeps saying buyer aware in a big way.      

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Why would Trubisky be better than Teddy Bridgewater? At least Teddy knows Scott’s system and was pretty great in it before the massive knee injury.

I think if I had to take a FA QB it would be Winston in all honesty. The guy was having a great year last year before blowing his knee out. Now we dont have Sean Peyton running our offense either. But if Winston can continue to keep the turnovers to a minimum he is a legit player.

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Holy ****. How depressing would it be to get rejected by Jimmy ****ing Garoppolo? 

That's like trying to hook up with several really hot girls, getting rejected, then saying "Ok fine, I guess I'll settle for that 4 over there...at least I'll get some" and then when you go up to talk to her she says "Um, go away, loser"

:ols:

Got that right

Next they will be saying how much they liked what TH offered and thee hive will be back in business 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah that's why I'm not necessarily assuming it's fake or anything. But it does seem just a little bit suspect that someone who also happened to be a sports marketer/brand builder who Willis follows on social media also happened to be in the exact right spot at the exact right time to get a rock solid video of the whole thing. 

But as you said, it's also possible that it was just a coincidence, so absent more proof of anything not on the up-and-up, I'll go with it was just him being nice to a homeless person and it happened to be caught on camera.

Dude. Come on. Coincidence??? Seriously? 

More than a decade on this board and longer as a fan of this team hasn’t taught you basic cynicism and spotting BS and phoniness from an athlete? Come on man. You have improved so much since your Jason Campbell fanboy days. Please don’t regress! 

If I can share a story of a related team that I used to follow with every part of my heart and cried when they used to lose in the playoffs.  I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada.  I used to Love the maple Leafs to the same extent I love the commanders.  For those who like hockey they know that the Leafs are like a religion in Toronto.  We had the worst owner in the league for a long time Harold Ballard.  He was a racist and would openly say that he would never draft or have a Russian on his team.  Just an example of who he was.  He fired a coach, he could find a replacement so he ordered him for that game to coach the team but WEAR A ROWN PAPER BAG OVER HIS HEAD WHILE COACHING ON NATIONAL TV.  So I have a unique knowledge when it comes to bad owners of sports teams I like.  

The Leafs have now become relevant again because of one move.  The newest owners are two competing media companies.  In essence it would be like Verizon and AT&T being joint owners of a team.  Very strange but they care about making money and the Leafs make more money then any other team in the NHL.  They made a decision to hire Brendan Shanahan to run the Hockey operations.  The story goes that he called every employee, and I mean every employee into work on a Sunday, asked what they did, and basically fired about 80% of these people.  Know one might say that he has hat much power, he is a former player hall of famer if I am not mistaken would want to start picking players.  What he did was assemble the best front office in the league.  Headed by Lou Lamoriello who had won three Stanley Cups with the New Jersey Devils.  That was one of the poorest teams in terms of revenue and they won their cups when their was no cap so they had their own cap/budget to deal with.  Lamoriello assembled a staff of great hockey minds, not friends or yes men.  He also brought on board the Leafs current GM Kyle Dubass (more on him latter.)  He is a young analytics guy, who was a hot name based on his performance in junior hockey.  Most other team presidents before Shany took over would not even consider a rebuild because the popular sentiment was this town would not stand for it.  If anything it is the perfect town becuase no matter how bad they are the stadium is full and I mean full.  The Gucci seats are suits and a lot of business propably gets down at these games and the upper levels are die hard fans that bleed blue and white.  They then tanked, they used the cap to their advantage and because of the great front office found players in the draft like Nylander, Marner, Reilly and then finally Matthews.  They brought in a better Goalie which is as important in hockey as a QB is in football.  Now I am not the same fan I used to be.  I had my breaking point and they still have not won anything for the last 55 years.  They have not even made the finals in the same amount of years.  They wil still not win because Dubass is not |Lamoriello and you cant pick [players usimng only a computer.  My point is that their structure is correct.  The owners have the same amount of people on the board.  Ypou never hear from them, because they want nothing to do with hockey ops they just want the money and trust me they know how to make money.  They own MLSE, which own Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC, the stadium all the condos and entertainment and land surrounding the stadium and the naming rights to stadium for some ridiculos amount.  

|So owners own and do what they are good at.  They bring in a president to oversea all hockey ops.  He hires the GM.  The GM looks for his scouts assistants and hires the coach!!!  Not the other way around!!!  My final point is that the culture a chain of command is what it needs to be to be successful. Now they will not close the deal because of other issues that are not pertinent to my point.  So many times before they would try simply to outbid for players esp with no cap.  One example that relates to qb not wanting to play in Washington.  Bobby Holik was a great player that was a free agent that all of Toronto wanted the made the best offer and he turned them down to stay in the NY area.  He was interviewed and said the Leafs offered more but I did not want to play their.  We as fans were shocked because he picked the lowly Islanders over the Leafs, not possible. 

Now they have people that want to play with the team because of their structure and reputation of Shanahan and their success in the regular season that they enjoy now.  They're problem is that they have too many high priced forwards and their defence is lacking talent and the goalie quite frankly is not good.  But, the issue is that anyone in the leauge would play here because the FO is in good hands, they are sound, and the hockey club runs smoothly and they have cash. 

In the past they would not have this forward thinking approach, and would make moves to simply try to make the playoffs and bow out in the first rd to make it look like they were trying everything to bring a championship to Toronto. They needed a complete overhaul and needed professional ownership that new their role and stay out of the way of hockey decisions, because in the end what do telecommunications companies know about good hockey players or coaches.  

Now Washington had this structure under Jack Kent Cooke, and we won three super bowls in 8 years and should have won 4.  When Snyder bought the team I drank the Kool-Aid bigtime.  I was 21 thought I knew everything and he was spending on great players, but they were past their primes.  My Uncle told me we have a big problem as soon as he signed J George as the back up, and then made coach Turner make a switch midseason, and now here we are nobody wants to play qb in Washington.  They also reported Jimmy G has a no trade clause and does not want to come hear and you have to think that Shannahan and Lynch will trade him somewhere he wants to play, and Shanahan sticking it to Snyder must make him feel good.  The old saying is the fish stinks from the head, or something like that.  Example, Snyder loved Haskins.  What in the world does Snyder know about quarterbacks and what makes one better then the other.  You need football people in place to make football decisions.  If you want to showoff that you are a big bad man owner rich, show it off by making your organization great.  Their is no cap on executives or a front office.  You find a president of football ops, he finds the GM, the GM assembles his staff, scouts and such and ultimately gets the coach.  Obviously you need approval from owner in some capacity, but if that owner is competent he would have faith in the people he hired to make the proper decisions and freedom to do their jobs.  Owners should sign cheques and make aa boatload of money.

In conclusion firstly I am sorry for the long post, I hope it lends perspective to our situation as fans of this once proud franchise. I am of the opinion that Washington will have a similar fate as the Leafs did until the made a fundamental change to which their organization was run.  Vinny Cerrato? are you freakin serious.  Fire Marty after one year because you want to hire the flashy college coach, after Marty started 0-5 and the rattled of 5 wins in a row, and finished that season 8-8.  Their is numerous other examples.  In the end, things will never change until he is gone because he cannot help himself.  Its not even his fault, Snyder was simply born this way.  

I know most fans are reserved to the fact that we have to get really lucky in the draft and somehow a qb can be groomed and becomes a generational talent.  But, even if that happens Snyder wants to be with the boys and the stars so he would poison this QB.  Again he cannot help himself.  Unfortunately my fellow commanders fans, it will not change until he is gone and new owner is understanding of his role and hires the right FOOTBALL PEOPLE to run the football side of the business. 

Its sad but true in my humble opinion. 

Again I am sorry to the whole board and the nods if this post was too long, I simply thought it was relevant due to todays player movement.

I cannot like any other team, its not possible.  I still like the Leafs but have not watched a full game in over 5 years, playoffs included.  I just cant handle it anymore.  I hope that does not happen to me twice in my lifetime.

Thanks for taking the time to read post.  Hope it helps.  

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I think if I had to take a FA QB it would be Winston in all honesty. The guy was having a great year last year before blowing his knee out. Now we dont have Sean Peyton running our offense either. But if Winston can continue to keep the turnovers to a minimum he is a legit player.

I would 100% take Winston over Trubisky. Jamies seems like a likable guy too. I really dislike Trubisky. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2