Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

42 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Sorry SIP, was referring to Strong. I actually like him and Corral the best. This draft will be hard to predict where the QBs will fall. I would think that Strong could last into round 2 or even later, but I wouldn't be willing to gamble on that if he was the teams plan.

OK.  So you think it would be risky not to take him at 11 if I followed your point?

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK.  So you think it would be risky not to take him at 11 if I followed your point?

No sir, I think 11 is a little too soon and hopefully there will be our future stud MLB or even K.Hamilton sitting there to fill that need. But I don't think we should bank on him being there at 2-11 either. So I'm thinking it's OK to be a little aggressive in moving back into the 1st if the FO likes him. Feel the flow of the draft and adjust accordingly, if necessary  Include Payne in a package to be back in the 18-22 range (ahead or behind Pitt depending on who's still on the board)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

No sir, I think 11 is a little too soon and hopefully there will be our future stud MLB or even K.Hamilton sitting there to fill that need. But I don't think we should bank on him being there at 2-11 either. So I'm thinking it's OK to be a little aggressive in moving back into the 1st if the FO likes him. Feel the flow of the draft and adjust accordingly, if necessary  Include Payne in a package to be back in the 18-22 range (ahead or behind Pitt depending on who's still on the board)

OK, sorry I follow your point.  I am guessing he will be there in the 2nd but you never know. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The one thing I'm absolutely sure of is they are not going to do something this year which they can't get out of and try again next year if they need to.  And they need to keep trying anything they can for as long as they can until they get a guy they believe in.  

I dont think they would try again next year. It would be admitting they got it wrong. 

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for him though.  I always liked him and his talent is unquestioned.  Those numbers are giving literal sticker shock.  

Can they get Adams to sign long term.  I know him and Rodgers are besties but dollars and sense always prevails at that level.

Mind you cant imagine Rodgers signed not already knowing that Adams is going to be there for at least the duration of his own deal.

2 minutes ago, sebestian said:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for him though.  I always liked him and his talent is unquestioned.  Those numbers are giving literal sticker shock.  

Can they get Adams to sign long term.  I know him and Rodgers are besties but dollars and sense always prevails at that level.

Mind you cant imagine Rodgers signed not already knowing that Adams is going to be there for at least the duration of his own deal.

That’s a lot of money for two players. 

• Like 1

Adams got the tag. Not sure what GB will do there given he's 29 ... not really a great idea to lock a 29 year old WR into a long term deal with lots of guarantees.

Also, how do the Packers have the cap space. Just boggles my mind. How did a 4 year $200m extension "create" cap room this year when he was slated to hit $45m

GB nailed the players they wanted. Good luck to them. Expect some contract restructuring elsewhere to sort the cap situation out before free agency.

I really like Valdez-Scantling, so does Rodgers apparently. Wait and see them bring him back too along with Campbell at LB.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Adams got the tag. Not sure what GB will do there given he's 29 ... not really a great idea to lock a 29 year old WR into a long term deal with lots of guarantees.

Also, how do the Packers have the cap space. Just boggles my mind. How did a 4 year $200m extension "create" cap room this year when he was slated to hit $45m

Rodgers’ deal will likely have voidable years added I would guess to reduce the year one hit.

• Like 1

These are kind of my sentiments too ...

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1501237870606135296?s=20&t=W8rlLtMcJCb6JC8t0nYmsQ

1. Packers likely had little faith in Love and backed the truck up for Rodgers as a result

2. If Denver, where Hackett is now the HC, a QB needy team, doesn't trade for a probably "cheap" Jordan Love, that's telling.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Thanks I t did not know that.  

I believe teams add voidable years.

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I am thinking why not get a 1st rounder on the cheap instead the meh QBs in the draft instead. 

First rounder status only really matters before the gift has been opened.  Love is discarded in the closet while at least the 2022 rookies still have their wrapping paper on.

• Like 1