Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, shemp nixon said:

I could see the Seahawks making a deal with the Eagles. Get 3 ones and Hurts to plug in at QB, maybe flip the 3 ones for Watson when he's cleared.

If you take a look, Seahawks are still a decent team and with the Kyler thing going on in Arizona have a good chance to at least go the playoffs with a franchise QB. Pete Caroll is over 70 and doesn't give me the vibe he will take a bullet to begin a rebuild that he may not even see come to fruition. He just suffered only his second 10 loss season as an NFL HC and only his fourth non-winning year, I just can't see him wanting to go out with a wimper. Wilson is not going anywhere unless the Seahawks have a plan to get an elite QB, Wilson wants out to the point that'd he'd pull a Watson or Caroll is senile.

• Thumb up 1

In a recent article by Pro Football Focus, they named Mariota the most “underrated free-agent quarterback” available. They believe he could have a very robust market over the next month. Here is a snippet of their thoughts on the former No. 2 overall pick from the 2015 NFL Draft:

“There is an argument to be made that Mariota is the most alluring free-agent quarterback on the market. That says a lot about the options out there, but nonetheless, if there has to be a choice, it’s Mariota. He has played meaningful NFL action in just one game over the last two years in Las Vegas — Week 15 of 2020 — and the results were quite good, as evidenced by his 82.1 PFF grade.

Mariota is the definition of a mid-tier option and could be seen as a bridge for a team with a rookie. His next team needs to employ a play-action-heavy offense that utilizes his athleticism in the designed run game.”

Teams like Pittsburgh, Washington and Tampa Bay would all make a ton of sense for Mariota. He is a veteran who has played in a bunch of big games and can make plays with his legs.

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/02/18/raiders-qb-marcus-mariota-named-underrated-free-agent-heading-into-2022-offseason/?taid=6210412056a8c40001911d14&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrshadow008 said:

One of those qbs has 2 10 win seasons in three years as a full time starter. The other has 1 10 win season with 7 years as a starter. One has 1 playoff win in three years as a full time starter. One is known for bonehead backbreaking plays at the worst possible time one isn’t. One was considered a borderline top 5 qb the other has never been considered that. One is 26 and probably still ascending the other is 33 and at the tail end of their very peak. They are not even remotely close to the same.

The only difference is age and sexual assault allegations.  

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

As time continues on, I am thinking that Ridder/Willis might be our rookie QB target.  Just a hunch.  Again, connections with RR and Mayhew.  

You could be right.  If the team wants to bet on overall plus physical tools and then developing them.  Those are the only 2.  But not the total package physically for either.  This isn't talking about intangibles or how they process action in front of them though.

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Mariota is good just alot of injuries.

He's good as a bridge quarterback.  I don't want any of these potential free agents or trade possibilities (with the exception being Rodgers and Wilson) without also drafting a quarterback.  Preferably Pickett.  Corral's size concerns me.  Willis seems to have the biggest bust potential.  I'd be shocked if Ridder went in the first round.  

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

He's good as a bridge quarterback.  I don't want any of these potential free agents or trade possibilities (with the exception being Rodgers and Wilson) without also drafting a quarterback.  Preferably Pickett.  Corral's size concerns me.  Willis seems to have the biggest bust potential.  I'd be shocked if Ridder went in the first round.  

Yeah I agree, Just when he pulls that hamstring in week 3 and is out till mid Nov it will suck. Willis diffently biggest boom or bust. If Pickett there they should just pick him and be done with it.

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If you listen to JP, Pete Hailey and Mitch Tischlers podcast from yesterday, I’m not the only one that doesn’t believe any rumors that teams would trade for him before his legal issues are settled. JP Finlay also doesn’t buy it. So im not alone in my skepticism on those rumors at all. 

Nothing wrong with your opinion, that's what this site is all about, good conversation with different opinions. Until something happens or doesn't then no one is right or wrong. 

As for Watson, how can an owner who's under investigation for sexual misconduct even consider bringing in a QB who is dealing with the same issues? My goodness....That would be taking the franchise lower than it already is. There has to be a better way.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hope so, PFF is beyond annoying with their relentless push as for Wilson-Philly.  I get it they think Wilson would serve the Eagles well, they need to let it go, they are torturing me. :ols:

They fella writing the articles is probably a Philly fan.  LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Still hanging on. Washington made the right move, this reality is becoming more and more clear as the season pile up. The discussion about not getting assets in return I get to some degree. 

I'm not hanging on to anything.  Giving up that much capital for Deshaun Watson is insane.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I'm not hanging on to anything.  Giving up that much capital for Deshaun Watson is insane.  

Watson will not be a Commander.  No way.  Even though Snyder is going through the sex scandal investigation, I don't see RR and Co. trading for Watson.  More of a longshot to me than Rodgers and have always thought so. 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Watson will not be a Commander.  No way.  Even though Snyder is going through the sex scandal investigation, I don't see RR and Co. trading for Watson.  More of a longshot to me than Rodgers and have always thought so. 

I hope you are right.  Giving up 3 first rounders, a combination of later round picks, and a star player for a guy who has 20+ sexual assault allegations against him would be the final straw for me as a fan.  

• Thumb down 1

Just now, RWJ said:

I think you underestimate how desperate Rivera is for a QB. 

I also think we have more chance of getting Watson that Rodgers. The chances are incredibly unlikely on both fronts, but Rodgers is the MVP from the #1 NFC seed 2 years running. He’s got no intention to come here. Watson has been shelved for a season and needs an exit route. Where better than to hit Snyderville.

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

It must be because any trade that offer that Philly could make could make would not make sense from the Seahawks POV.

Why not ? They have 3 firsts in 2022 alone.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PLEASE let this be true. Wilson and Rodgers are past their prime...Watson hasn't even hit his yet. He also played for the only franchise that might have been more dysfunctional than Dan Snyder the last few years. Wherever he ends up, he's going to soar like a phoenix, you watch. 

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I hope you are right.  Giving up 3 first rounders, a combination of later round picks, and a star player for a guy who has 20+ sexual assault allegations against him would be the final straw for me as a fan.  

And keep in mind ZERO of these 22 women called the police or reported a crime after it happened. Do you really think NONE of these woman would have called the police if Watson did anything that wasn't consensual? Its a money grab, period. Should he have been getting a rub and tug? Probably not, but betting this is so far in his rear view mirror now. 

• Thumb down 1