Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As far as Corral, not much chatter one way or another.  I am gathering that will change as for having some idea post Combine when they can finally interview him. 

No one has said this outright but I get the impression that right now they might be just offering deals to teams and hoping those teams come to the conclusion to trade said players.

I think you are right on it with Corral and the offerings. They would be nuts not to throw offers at every team for players they have interest in.

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I really would take a chance on Wentz over Jimmy G. Rivera should be able to straighten his perceived character issues out. Surely the incentive of being back in the division would be motivation enough. 

Get Wentz, still have our premier draft picks. I’ll go with that over many other alternatives.

Well I don't know if he cares about the division but he needs some sort of help and perhaps Ron could offer that lol.

When he came out of college I recall reading so much about how much of a studier and worker he was as a rookie. It seems strange that he didn't seem prepared or efforting in Indy. He seems to be coming across like a DB. If that is the case, he is not a RR guy who is about the team

Russini on right now. She doesn’t think the Commanders are in the hunt for Rodgers but she doesn’t know for sure. Her main rationale for why she doesn’t think we’d be in play is she believes he doesn’t want to play here.  She’s heard of a few teams he wants to play for and this isn’t one of them.

She thinks though the Packers are going all out in a big way to keep him 

She’s also saying that one of the requests from the Packers to Rodgers if traded is it won’t be to the NFC so that is really the main plot line in the context of our team. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 2

More Russini. 

A.  Her guess is we end up with a bridge QB and draft a QB.

B.  She doesn't think Wilson gets traded but she doesn't know for sure.

C.  She does believe teams are willing to trade for Watson before the legal issues are resolved.  Personnel sources she knows tell her he's a franchise changer.  Apparently not just a big time player but big time leader in the locker room.  She doesn't know if Watson would be willing to come here.

To add something to the Watson stuff.  Finlay said yesterday in his podcast that he knows this team has some interest in Watson.  Also I saw in a story not long ago that last year Watson wasn't willing to waive his no trade clause to go to Carolina.  I don't know if that's because he was determined to go to Miami then? 

I am bringing this up because I know from an interview from a Texans reporter that the Eagles were in on chasing Watson last year.  I am gathering some here will say they'd love to see Watson in Eagles green :ols: to each their own but that to me would be another disaster scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thinking some more about what Russini said.  She knows three teams (AFC) are locked in on Rodgers.   She also said these teams don't want it to be leaked so they wouldn't upset their current incumbent QB.  Makes me think maybe Carr?  Since Rodgers is a west coast kind of guy, i am guessing Denver and the Raiders are two of those teams. 

She also said the Packers don't want to franchise D. Adams.  They'd sign him though if Rodgers is back since they are considered a package right now.

I am guessing about the Raiders, i don't know.  But on the off chance, they are one of those teams perhaps the Packers want Carr in return.  If not the Raiders can regain some draft capital by trading Carr.

Rodgers supposedly wants 50 million a year.  Sounds like the Packers are willing to do it.  One of the AFC teams are also willing to do it without hesitiation.  The other 2 teams probably do it but don't love the idea.

• Like 1

Watson cleared to play and free of legal troubles would be a franchise changer - as long as he changes his ways off the field. Now I'd say if he's smart, he'll have already done that, but if he was that smart, he wouldn't be in the situation he's in to begin with. OTOH if he somehow becomes available to play but continues to work his way through all the available masseurs in the phone book, then that's just trouble waiting to happen, especially with Snyder as the owner.

• Like 1

As far as Watson go, I admit I am surprised about their interest.  But I've heard Finlay, Keim and Standig hint that they are interested.  So I buy it.

The irony of it reading tea leaves is it seems like this team is unafraid of the PR backlash whereas Watson might be the one afraid of the PR backlash of coming here in light of his issues.  I am just guessing the part about Watson's reluctance according to Keim to come here.  Russini seemed to have doubts he'd come here but that came off like she was speculating. 

the other irony is Watson's agent is the same dude that had the public spitting match with the team over Haskins' benching, he at the time was Haskins' agent but later dumped Haskins as a client.

• Like 1

This headline is a bit deceiving, she said that early in the interview but the way I see it she broke a story.  That is, there have been some speculation about GB prefers Rodgers traded to the AFC.  But Russini flat out said its true, if traded he's going to the AFC.  That would rule out our team and for that matter another 15 teams. 

6 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I get the argument (for ATL, DET, MIN and CLE in particular) that they want to hold onto their guys for one more year while they try to get a rookie in place, but it seems to me that ripping off the bandaid is a much better bet at long term success.  There’s risk involved for sure, but getting the cap off the books, trading their qbs for 2023 1st rounder (qbs who are almost certainly not taking those teams to a Super Bowl), “tanking” this year for draft position, and then (hopefully) drafting their guy in 2023 makes a lot more sense to me.  I just don’t really get this “we have to be competitive this year” angle.  Not saying it can’t work for them, just seems shortsighted (again, IMO).

Alt to big of a cap hit. They will stick with Ryan another year.

Min also too much of a cap hit to dump Cousins. They will ride him out a year. If he does well, ie at least a championship game appearance; they may give him a new deal.

Det will ride Golf this year. They have 2#1’s next year, to get their QB.

Clv, Baker was injured. They will see how a healthy Baker before deciding to move on or keep him.

2023 will still have plenty of teams needing qbs and the market will have more vet qbs available.

If Carson Wentz has tons of red flags that scare people away from even considering him as an option, what exactly would you call Watson's issues?  The guy who checked out of a team within months of signing a contract extension (well after Bill O'Brien's incompetence with the roster) who has 20+ sexual assault allegations against him...and these aren't massive red flags to everyone?  Sure, this team would be much better with him as the starting QB, but the hype around this guy is insane.  In 4 years prior to drafting Watson, the Texans were 29-35.  4 years with Watson?  29-35.  I wouldn't want him anywhere near this roster, and it mostly has nothing to do with playing ability.

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But Russini flat out said its true, if traded he's going to the AFC.  That would rule out our team and for that matter another 15 teams. 

The AFC is loaded and if I'm Rodgers - I want to stay in the NFC, with an easier road to the Super Bowl.  Will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

No way I’d trade 2022 picks or a player for Watson. I’d trade a load of future conditional picks with the deal voiding if he’s nailed. 

There are only 2 players this team should give up draft capital for: Rodgers and Wilson.  That's it.

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

If Carson Wentz has tons of red flags that scare people away from even considering him as an option, what exactly would you call Watson's issues?  The guy who checked out of a team within months of signing a contract extension (well after Bill O'Brien's incompetence with the roster) who has 20+ sexual assault allegations against him...and these aren't massive red flags to everyone?  Sure, this team would be much better with him as the starting QB, but the hype around this guy is insane.  In 4 years prior to drafting Watson, the Texans were 29-35.  4 years with Watson?  29-35.  I wouldn't want him anywhere near this roster, and it mostly has nothing to do with playing ability.

I don't pin the 29-35 record much on his shoulders at all as watching him play, it would seem he was the only one attempting to carry that team.  But I do agree on the rest of what you have to say, it's honestly creepy to me to see people talk about him like he's the next GOAT, and teams should be willing to exhaust all options to bring him on, and just completely overlook how much of a wierdo he is at minimum, if not actually rapey.  I just can't...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thinking some more about what Russini said.  She knows three teams (AFC) are locked in on Rodgers.   She also said these teams don't want it to be leaked so they wouldn't upset their current incumbent QB.  Makes me think maybe Carr?  Since Rodgers is a west coast kind of guy, i am guessing Denver and the Raiders are two of those teams. 

She also said the Packers don't want to franchise D. Adams.  They'd sign him though if Rodgers is back since they are considered a package right now.

I am guessing about the Raiders, i don't know.  But on the off chance, they are one of those teams perhaps the Packers want Carr in return.  If not the Raiders can regain some draft capital by trading Carr.

Rodgers supposedly wants 50 million a year.  Sounds like the Packers are willing to do it.  One of the AFC teams are also willing to do it without hesitiation.  The other 2 teams probably do it but don't love the idea.

I'd throw in the Colts and Titans

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wonder if Mark Davis (Raiders owner) is adverse to paying any QB big bucks or just Carr?

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Rodgers for Carr makes too much sense of Rodgers get moved. Rodgers to the west coast. The packers get a long term solution at QB in return and Carr gets to play with Devonte Adams again. 

If Russini is right, if Rodgers heads to the Raiders or whomever, Adams would come with him.  I know about Carr's relationship with Adams, don't know i that supersedes Rodgers.  

And as for the Raiders, that's my speculation, Russini didn't say they are one of the teams.  Russini didn't reveal any of the teams outside of saying AFC. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't pin the 29-35 record much on his shoulders at all as watching him play, it would seem he was the only one attempting to carry that team.  But I do agree on the rest of what you have to say, it's honestly creepy to me to see people talk about him like he's the next GOAT, and teams should be willing to exhaust all options to bring him on, and just completely overlook how much of a wierdo he is at minimum, if not actually rapey.  I just can't...

He's had one playoff win.  In 4 years as a starter.  He had multiple weapons in 2019.  Don't see why he's being compared on the same level with Rodgers or Wilson.