Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It would be very interesting.  Eagles with more trade barter and Roseman is considered by some as the best in the business at making trades -- Roseman is uber creative with it and uber aggressive. And I've read enough about Roseman to know he's not in the old school camp of build a big time supporting cast and if so you are fine with a game manager.  Roseman is Cerrato in terms of doing whatever it takes to get his man if Cerrato had any brains.

The one thing we have going for us is he'd be closer to home here in the DMV.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Your season could be over if the starting QB is out for the final 3 games, of which 2 of them is a must win, and you have Tim Boyle as your backup as opposed to Heinicke.  

This is such a weird ass way of somehow pumping up Heinicke and trying to keep him relevant.

Nobody cares about him anymore. Not even Washington's coaches since they basically never even mention his name.

• Like 3

Not that this matters because Commanders weren't on the list either but we have heard from local guys he'd be open to playing here.

https://section215.com/2022/02/17/philadelphia-eagles-wilson-trade-list/

And yet, apparently, the Eagles aren’t one of the teams on Russell Wilson’s list, which reportedly features the Buccaneers, the Saints, the Steelers, the Dolphins, and the Raiders, among potential others. Despite having more on-field success than four of those five franchises in 2021 and being one of only two alongside the Bucs to actually make the playoffs, the Eagles have 40-to-1 odds – as per Ed Kracz – to land Wilson and might not even get a chance to pursue the nine-time Pro Bowler, as he can simply opt not to waive his no-trade clause regardless of the deal presented.

Now granted, Wilson’s trade list isn’t set in stone. This time last year, there were four teams on his list; the Bears, the Cowboys, the Raiders, and the Saints, and two of those teams are off the board, but did you notice one name that wasn’t on either list? That’s right, the Eagles.

Edited by HigSkin

Just now, mistertim said:

This is such a weird ass way of somehow pumping up Heinicke and trying to keep him relevant.

Nobody cares about him anymore. Not even Washington's coaches since they basically never even mention his name.

Wtf are you talking about?  I'm not "pumping" him up.  I'm saying he's an adequate backup that can win you some games when the starter goes down.  Nothing more, nothing less.

And Rivera said that it was a "safe assumption" that he was going to be the backup this season.

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I dont think anyone for the most part is pumping him up he is not a starter but not this horrible unusable qb. He is an average back up Qb.

He really is irrelevant he will play if the starter gets hurt. He will produce at the level of a back up. There nothing wrong with that. He has a great story, play his ass off, but he is a back up in my opinion a really good one. 

The real problem is we are going to replace him with another Qb who should be a back up. Are Trubisky or Marrota better then Heinicke probably but it's closer than we think. The problem not Heinicke the problem is the replacement are not that much better. We need to bring in another vet Heinicke can't get it done as starter every week but it has to be someone alot better then him. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

Dont know the accuracy of this. Know SIP typically listens to a lot of stuff so maybe he can verify. But I know Keim has been saying Pickett so this would be obvious pivot.

9 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Funny , I was thinking the same thing, Rodgers to Philly. And only one big name QB will want to join the NFCE

Yup thats my worry. Gb takes Hurts and then can unload Jordan Love and instantly in shape to rebuild roster even without cap space. And I agree its why I laugh at people saying steelers or broncos for these guys even with their rosters.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  Our deal was better in every way.  

He chose Dak. 

And honestly, it was an easy choice and the right one.  Because he’s been productive and he’s going to get another bite of the Apple. 

I thought Keim said we offered $23M guaranteed and the Cowboys gave him $40M guaranteed with another $20M guaranteed at the beginning of the net NFL season?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I thought Keim said we offered $23M guaranteed and the Cowboys gave him $40M guaranteed with another $20M guaranteed at the beginning of the net NFL season?

Taxes in Dallas vs Washington made the Cowboys deal better.

Edited by Redskins 2021

8 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Wtf are you talking about?  I'm not "pumping" him up.  I'm saying he's an adequate backup that can win you some games when the starter goes down.  Nothing more, nothing less.

And Rivera said that it was a "safe assumption" that he was going to be the backup this season.

Sure, most people acknowledge Heinicke is an adequate backup, but what exactly was the point of the whole post? Heinicke is already on the roster for cheap and there's no real reason to cut him so he's probably not going anywhere. He'll likely either be the backup or 3rd string. There's almost no reason to even bring him up anymore since the coaches have made it clear that he's a JAG and worthy of little more than a shrug. Some people just randomly seem to bring TH up from time to time, I guess because they still like him?

Edited by mistertim

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Sure, most people acknowledge Heinicke is an adequate backup, but what exactly was the point of the whole post? 

Because backups are not overstated by fans.  You need adequate backups.  See Colt McCoy on the Cardinals.  They miss the playoffs if he goes 0-3 as a starter in place of Murray.  

5 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Because backups are not overstated by fans.  You need adequate backups.  See Colt McCoy on the Cardinals.  They miss the playoffs if he goes 0-3 as a starter in place of Murray.  

Sure, you want an adequate backup, but backups are also backups for a reason. If you lose your starter for a substantial amount of time (if he's a top QB), chances are decent that your season is not going to end very well.

I still don't see the purpose of the post if it wasn't to try and somehow bring Heinicke back into the conversation with some sort of relevance when he has none. Wanting an adequate backup is hardly a revolutionary idea.

This thread is about fixing our starting QB situation. Heinicke has nothing to do with that.

• Like 1

lol, Keim mentons Carr in almost every podcast.    He didn't double down in his last one about their interest in Carr but mentioned him in hypothetical trade thoughts.

He went back and forth with ex-agent Joel Corry.    Only nugget snuck in was implying that he hasn't heard of any interest from them in Jordan Love.

Corry's points:  cap is supposed to go up dramatically in the upcoming years.  Teams know this.  So don't be intimidated by big QB money this season.  Said Carr will likely get 35-40 million a year and thinks he's worth it if the Commanders can acquire.  Thinks Jimmy G in an extension will get 35 million.

The new 20 million at QB seem to be 30 million listening to some of that talk.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Yes he does.  He secures the backup position.  We've had 9 backups make starts since 2018.  

He's already the backup. And nobody really cares about him besides a few Hive fans on a message board. Every team has had backups start. Again, in a thread about finding our QB of the future some people seem to be desperately trying to inject Heinicke as relevant to this team when even the coaches couldn't seem to care less about him for the most part, outside of acknowledging that he's probably a backup.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, Keim mentons Carr in almost every podcast.    He didn't double down in his last one about their interest in Carr but mentioned him in hypothetical trade thoughts.

He went back and forth with ex-agent Joel Corry.    Only nugget snuck in was implying that he hasn't heard of any interest from them in Jordan Love.

Corry's points:  cap is supposed to go up dramatically in the upcoming years.  Teams know this.  So don't be intimidated by big QB money this season.  Said Carr will likely get 35-40 million a year and thinks he's worth it if the Commanders can acquire.  Thinks Jimmy G in an extension will get 35 million.

I have been hoping for Carr the whole time I just can't see it happening. If 30 is the new 20 million dollar Qb do you think it's more or less likely they trade for JimmyG. I know you had said you heard they were not huge fans. Also, in your opinion you think they would be more likely to go after Wentz or JimmyG.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think the bigger question with Carr (assuming LV is entertaining offers) is how much they'd want for him. I think I'd be fine with 2 1sts...but 3 seems like a stretch and that appears to be a number that's mentioned often in relation to Carr and a trade.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Corry's points:  cap is supposed to go up dramatically in the upcoming years.  Teams know this.  So don't be intimidated by big QB money this season.  Said Carr will likely get 35-40 million a year and thinks he's worth it if the Commanders can acquire.  Thinks Jimmy G in an extension will get 30 million.

If the Raiders traded Carr away, what is the expected QB for them. They would not have any on their roster I don't think.

I guess there are a few QB's kicking around that worked in his system like Jimmy G, and Brady or go like Brissett and a rookie

Just now, mistertim said:

And nobody really cares about him besides a few Hive fans on a message board. 

And yet, here you are, angered over the fact that he was simply mentioned in this thread.  

Heinicke is not the future starter for this team.  He's the backup.  You hate him.  I get it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think the bigger question with Carr (assuming LV is entertaining offers) is how much they'd want for him. I think I'd be fine with 2 1sts...but 3 seems like a stretch and that appears to be a number that's mentioned often in relation to Carr and a trade.

Him being 30 makes him worth the 3 1rsts, even though I'd hate it too, but I do think it's the best outcome. Removes the need for a rookie, which the others don't.

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

And yet, here you are, angered over the fact that he was simply mentioned in this thread.  

Heinicke is not the future starter for this team.  He's the backup.  You hate him.  I get it.

It's not Heinicke hate. It's a hate towards you people that keep bringing him up. Stop mentioning him. 

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Second, that being said...at least Jimmy G is a legit NFL starter. Heinicke isn't. Putting Heinicke out there is like deciding to keep driving your 1993 Geo Metro because you don't think a Honda Accord will win you a race on a track. It won't, but at least you won't be driving a 1993 Geo Metro that nobody wants to ride in and laughs at you for having. Especially if you have the money for the Accord.

Seriously dude? Is nothing sacred around here...

See the source image

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's a hate towards you people that keep bringing him up. Stop mentioning him. 

Does he haunt you in your dreams if you mention him on this thread?  He's necessary to be brought up when people are peddling Jimmy G or Trubisky as potential fits...because they are not much better than him.  We need to really upgrade at the position, not negligibly upgrade.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Standig on Finlay's show just now.

A.  they both speculated that they are one of the teams that made an offer for Rodgers. Standig didn't think Rodgers would come here and part of that was he doesn't think GB wants to trade him in conference.  Both making educated guesses on this versus it being something they heard.

B.  They both think the Seahawks won't trade Wilson because they don't tink that team can deal with being one of the "Have Not" teams at QB.

C. Finlay said he believes that the team isn't hung up on the PR fallout of acquiring Watson.  They are hung up on the legal part of it.   And they are interested. 

D.  They both think the Texans are building up the story that some teams will trade for Watson without waiting for the legal issues to resolve -- implying they are making it up

E.  Finlay said best case sceanrio at QB:  Watson.  Worst case/most likely: Trubisky  Standig said best case sceanrio:  Jimmy G.  Worst case/most likely: Trubisky.  Then Standig made his usual rap about how no one would be excited about Trubisky. 

They both think in Indy (combine) they will be leaked to every QB under the sun because they are legtimately poking around on every possible QB that could hit the market.  They are shooting for the fences. 

Finlay dropped in his own segment before Standig went on that he knows the Commanders are interested in Watson if the legal stuff clears and he has heard mixed things about whether Watson would be willing to come here. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3