Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Is 3 first round picks for Carr to much? I think if that's the offer they will take it after looking at contract demands. He will be 40 million dollar a year player for probably a 5 year contract.

I think it is. Three first rounders should be reserved for sure fire Hall of Famers.

Until last year, Carr's rep was sinking. I imagine he's good, but I don't know that he's on that Brady, Rodgers level.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Awesome. Another Taylor apologist. The guy is QB3 on a team with only him at the position. 

When Ron was asked if he was the guy going forward, Ron literally laughed out loud. 

Players punched each other because Heinicke was so bad.

I have to assume that people who praise Heinicke have never seen another football game in years.

He is neck and neck with Sam Darnold for worst QB in the league.

Its absolutely ridiculous to even bring him up. Might as well bring Chase Daniel's in to compete with him.

My sense is that you don't like TH.   Is he even better than Haskins? :)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Please, please tell me it's not true we are looking into trading for Jordan Love.

Jus the thought of him being the week 1 starter makes me want to cry and puke at the same time.

Keim or Standig haven't reported anything on it. :)  

• Like 1

GB can easily restructure a ton off deals like the Saints did last year. The key issue there is that Rodgers wants Adams and Valdes-Scantling retained, so that is all pointless to the receivers if Rodgers is going to walk in 12 months.

Now if he’s sticking around for 3 more years, you give them all 5/6 year deals to spread the cap hit and roll.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Please, please tell me it's not true we are looking into trading for Jordan Love.

Jus the thought of him being the week 1 starter makes me want to cry and puke at the same time.

No...but I do wonder if we’d want Trask off the Bucs if they go big again. We were apparently going to draft him on day 2 last year.

• Sad 1

For those, especially @Koolblue13 who are interested in reliving the Heinicke magic.  They are re-showing the Dallas-Washington game right now on NFL Network.

Not the Payne-Allen fight game though instead the game at Fedex. 

Darn as I type this Heinicke just threw a pick.  😢

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He just needs someone to believe in him, it can change a person...

53 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Is 3 first round picks for Carr to much? I think if that's the offer they will take it after looking at contract demands. He will be 40 million dollar a year player for probably a 5 year contract.

I like Carr.  I'd give up two #1s tops.  Three 1's IMO is steep.  I'd give 3 for Wilson though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Carr.  I'd give up two #1s tops.  Three 1's IMO is steep.  I'd give 3 for Wilson though.

The way things are developing I think we are going to have to over pay to get a top second tier Qb. The Carr contract is going to be a problem for radiers I think. They will want to go short 2 year deal he will want long 5 year deal.

I get the feeling the Commanders will really stretch to get there new rebrand off to a good start. I think 3 is to many for Carr but under circumstances I think they would pay it.

6 minutes ago, VirginiaVibes said:

Where are people getting that the Raiders wouldn't be willing to pay Carr? Everything that has been reported says that everyone in Las Vegas has been on the same page

Looking at the Las Vegas Radiers Message board it looks like 40 million is the amount and he wants 5 years. The radiers want to do a short extension I was reading for 2 years. 

Right now everyone is on same page in public but behind closed door things may be different. I can't imagine him being ok with a short deal this is probably his last big pay day.

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Looking at the Las Vegas Radiers Message board it looks like 40 million is the amount and he wants 5 years. The radiers want to do a short extension I was reading for 2 years. 

Right now everyone is on same page in public but behind closed door things may be different. 

So you would give up 3 firsts for Carr then give him a 5 year 200mil contract?

No thanks to that, and I like him....

• Like 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

So you would give up 3 firsts for Carr then give him a 5 year 200mil contract?

No thanks to that, and I like him....

Would I probably not. Do I think RR is desperate for an upper level Qb. Do I think Dan Snyder is desperate to get the Commanders era off to a great start and have some positive things about team out there? The answer to those two is yeah so I think they might.

15 minutes ago, VirginiaVibes said:

Where are people getting that the Raiders wouldn't be willing to pay Carr? Everything that has been reported says that everyone in Las Vegas has been on the same page

Talk from some national insiders including on today's Keim's podcast that the actual negotiation of the contract "could" get in the way.  Just about every insider believes that the Raiders will likely work things out with Carr, but the idea that its slam dunk and over hasn't taken off yet.   Some have said including Keim that they've heard that Davis, the owner, has never really loved Carr so he has to be cool with the big contract when it goes down.

Just like most believe the Seahawks will work things out with Wilson.  We've all said that here many times about that and Carr, too.  But some think there is a small chance it doesn't go down with Seattle and Wilson.

All we are dealing with as for the elite guys, or higher end 2nd tier guys is "small" chance stuff.   For the most part the national insider types have not shut the door as far as small chances go for some of these QBs albiet they think all these guys likely stay put sans Jimmy G and Wentz. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Talk from some national insiders including on today's Keim's podcast that the actual negotiation of the contract "could" get in the way.  Just about every insider believes that the Raiders will likely work things out with Carr, but the idea that its slam dunk and over hasn't taken off yet.   Some have said including Keim that they've heard that Davis, the owner, has never really loved Carr so he has to be cool with the big contract when it goes down.

Just like most believe the Seahawks will work things out with Wilson.  We've all said that here many times about that and Carr, too.  But some think there is a small chance it doesn't go down.

All we are dealing with as for the elite guys, or higher end 2nd tier guys is "small" chance.   For the most part the national insider types have not shot the door as far as small chances go for some of these QBs albiet they think all these guys likely stay put sans Jimmy G and Wentz. 

From what you have heard does front office consider Wilson, Rodgers, and Carr all elite or just Rodgers and Wilson.

It sounds like management is desperate for a top Qb.

Edited by Redskins 2021

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Thoughts on Jordan Love, SIP?  I was like "No way" when I first saw rumorville starting to swirl but going back and reading his profile info and draft analyst on him before the draft and watching what little bit of tape I have seen and him sitting 2 years and learning behind Rodgers and having a very friendly rookie contract left and giving up a conditional 3rd, makes me start to wonder a wee little bit about him.  You?

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Thoughts on Jordan Love, SIP?  I was like "No way" when I first saw rumorville starting to swirl but going back and reading his profile info and draft analyst on him before the draft and watching what little bit of tape I have seen and him sitting 2 years and learning behind Rodgers and having a very friendly rookie contract left and giving up a conditional 3rd, makes me start to wonder a wee little bit about him.  You?

I watched his game versus the Chiefs over the weekend.  He was OK.  I haven't seen enough to have an opinion on him.  I've heard no rumors about any interest from this team for him, so I probably won't watch anymore unless I hear a tidbit that there is any interest. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He played one game against Kc this year. He did not look good but for your first nfl start that asking alot. If we were in rebuild I say yes but I think we need more of a sure thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

From what you have heard does front office consider Wilson, Rodgers, and Carr all elite or just Rodgers and Wilson.

It sounds like management is desperate for a top Qb.

I haven't heard them categorized one way or another.  Plenty of mentions they'd be interested in Carr if he became available.  IMo Carr isn't elite.  He's probably about the 12th best Qb in the league give or take.  He's very good IMO but not elite.

Purely judging by rumors with couching it again that all these guys are long shots.

A.  Wilson.  For Seattle to trade him, it would have to be Wilson demanding a trade at least according to Seattle reporters and national ones

B.  Carr.  Contract negotiations would have to go bad for him to be in play according to some national insiders.  It was alluded to in a podcast i listened to today but it was said much more directly in a podcast I heard and if I recall an article I posted. 

C.  Mayfield.  Only if they are blown away by a trade offer.

All of that is based on stuff from different national insiders, much of that I posted on this thread on and off when its come.  I've posted so much QB stuff on this thread that its hard for me to track who said what.   It all starts to blend in over time because of the volume of information, so I recall impressions.  I can recall things when I hear them but after time it all blends in and its not always easy for me to tie every source perfectly. 

This is a recent article from the Raiders reporter for the Athletic

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 5.15.17 PM.png

• Thumb up 1

Carr has repeatedly said he doesn't want to play anywhere else but Las Vegas. He was just at the NHL All Stat game talking about how Vegas was his home and he would be there forever. I guess there is a small chance it doesn't work out but I honestly don't see it. He has been adamant about not wanting to play anywhere else.

Unless we get a top tier Qb I can't see us not going after someone like Wentz, JimmyG, and a rookie. Those two have had some success in the past and can be considered starting level Qb. 

If we got a rookie probably would be M Willis. He a boom or bust Qb and could be put out on field for certain situations right now.

If we took Pickett he is probably good enough to be out on field right now. 

32 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Would I probably not. Do I think RR is desperate for an upper level Qb. Do I think Dan Snyder is desperate to get the Commanders era off to a great start and have some positive things about team out there? The answer to those two is yeah so I think they might.

Comparison: Juwan Howard to Bullets 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For those, especially @Koolblue13 who are interested in reliving the Heinicke magic.  They are re-showing the Dallas-Washington game right now on NFL Network.

Not the Payne-Allen fight game though instead the game at Fedex. 

Darn as I type this Heinicke just threw a pick.  😢

….what……..why? Why in the name of everything holy would NFL Netwotk think anybody other than cowpuke fans would want to relive that?? 😂

that goes for BOTH games, btw. Both sucked soooooo much. **** no. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993