Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

A lot of the new posters don’t seem to have much of a sense of humor or sarcasm detector.

HEY MAN. We're talking about jersey numbers, here. This is

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcrIJsuo2dxZoqu_aY5tG

• Haha 5

Portis paid Ohalete $40k for #26. 

Some players gotta have their number. 

Maybe Daniels can take #15?

#3?

Mariota took Mikey Sainristil’s #0, too. 

Could potentially hurt Jersey sales, too. Cuz eventually JD might switch back to #5 if he outlasts Way over the next few years. 

I think numbers are announced soon…

5 hours ago, illone said:

Portis paid Oxalate $40k for #26. 

Some players gotta have their number. 

Maybe Daniels can take #15?

#3?

Mariota took Mikey Sainristil’s #0, too. 

Could potentially hurt Jersey sales, too. Cuz eventually JD might switch back to #5 if he outlasts Way over the next few years. 

I think numbers are announced soon…

Correction:  Portis promised to pay Ohalete but didn't actually pay him until threatened with a law suit years later.  I lost a lot of respect for Clinton after that. His involvement in the medical equipment scheme confirmed to me that he is a POS and I won't change that opinion simply because he was a good player.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Am I the only one who doesn't give a flying **** about numbers on jerseys?

You would if you were selected #2 overall, are the starting franchise QB and has always played with the #5 on your jersey. 

Posted (edited)

Keim says Jayden's new number is essentially a done deal. Will be announced officially at a later date.

Video says it's members only, but it showed up on my reccomends this morning and it works.

Maybe they're giving it away free to drum up interest.

I love Keim, but paying extra for a youtube vid, at this stage of my life, would eat into my Colt 45 money. 😆

Maybe some of you big time youngins with disposable income can do it...

Hh

Spoiler space for those bottom liners not interested in watching the vid-- he spills the beans within the first 2 minutes.

JD5, it is!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, zCommander said:

You would if you were selected #2 overall, are the starting franchise QB and has always played with the #5 on your jersey. 

Will he be unable to play QB in the NFL if he has a different jersey number?

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

No. But it is the attachment association we all have for one thing or another. He has JD5 all over the interwebs too. That also plays into why he would want or need to have the #5. To you and me it might not be a big of a deal but to him it really is. 

6 minutes ago, zCommander said:

No. But it is the attachment association we all have for one thing or another. He has JD5 all over the interwebs too. That also plays into why he would want or need to have the #5. To you and me it might not be a big of a deal but to him it really is. 

So we can all agree that it's basically just marketing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Once they officially announce the number Chinese knockoffs will ship that day. If they hold off and have the jerseys in stock through fanatics and the team shop they can capture a large portion of those sales for people who want to be the first to have a jersey. 

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That plays into it now more than before.

Lots of players like the number they had in college and want to continue to do so. Why is it so wrong to do that and who cares if they make money because it. We all here on this planet to make money, as much as we can. 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Lots of players like the number they had in college and want to continue to do so. Why is it so wrong to do that and who cares if they make money because it. We all here on this planet to make money, as much as we can. 😁

Nothing wrong with it I guess, I just think it's a dumb thing to take so seriously and debate for pages about. The whole jersey number infatuation thing has always been bizarre to me, and that's as someone who played sports for many years.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yeah some people care about numbers including a lot of players, there's nothing wrong with that.

I was just wondering if I was alone in not caring much at all.

It's actually kind of strange the players I can name and positions they play and how few numbers I can match to names.

Just almost totally disinterested and not entirely certain as to why.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Nothing wrong with it I guess, I just think it's a dumb thing to take so seriously and debate for pages about. The whole jersey number infatuation thing has always been bizarre to me, and that's as someone who played sports for many years.

Yes this, I too played sports for many years and didn't care what number I had.

And I know these guys are rich but I couldn't even fathom paying tens of thousands of dollars for a particular number, that seems insane to me.

• Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Once they officially announce the number Chinese knockoffs will ship that day. If they hold off and have the jerseys in stock through fanatics and the team shop they can capture a large portion of those sales for people who want to be the first to have a jersey. 

Ordered me and my father JD5 jerseys through NFLShop and they stated that the purchase was a preorder until the number was decided and then they would ship. I think they are trying to get head of the curve like you suggested but knockoffs, due to price/availability in some cases, will always get a piece unfortunately.

Edited by HvyHTTR
misspellings

@mistertim & @redskinss I get you don’t understand players picking #’s or being loyal to them but to many a # represents a lot more then just that… for some it becomes their identity on the field…. Listen growing up in Cal Ripken’ day the #8 was identified with him…. Also growing up the #81 & #28 for me represented more then my 2 favorite players….when I saw those #’s I knew who they were… after all isn’t the sole reason for wearing a # for any athlete is to be able to IDENTIFY them?

Of course you can say way back when the Yankees handed out #’s in conjunction with their batting lineup… thus Ruth being 3 and Mantle 4 and Joe DiMaggio 5 etc….

Its easy for us everyday ppl on a board to think that #’s are meaningless and who really cares, but don’t short sight the athlete who maybe for the majority of their life’s playing that sport that a # is meaningless to him… maybe he has a Parent or loved 1 who passed away in their youth and they wear that # for honor them in a way

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

@mistertim & @redskinss I get you don’t understand players picking #’s or being loyal to them but to many a # represents a lot more then just that… for some it becomes their identity on the field…. Listen growing up in Cal Ripken’ day the #8 was identified with him…. Also growing up the #81 & #28 for me represented more then my 2 favorite players….when I saw those #’s I knew who they were… after all isn’t the sole reason for wearing a # for any athlete is to be able to IDENTIFY them?

Of course you can say way back when the Yankees handed out #’s in conjunction with their batting lineup… thus Ruth being 3 and Mantle 4 and Joe DiMaggio 5 etc….

Its easy for us everyday ppl on a board to think that #’s are meaningless and who really cares, but don’t short sight the athlete who maybe for the majority of their life’s playing that sport that a # is meaningless to him… maybe he has a Parent or loved 1 who passed away in their youth and they wear that # for honor them in a way

It can be meaningful to him but stupid to me. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It can be meaningful to him but stupid to me. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

They don't have to be. For me, the last person I wanted to see more of wearing #5 was Colt Brennan r.i.p (absolutely hated the Beck trade) and cared less for McNabb. Even though JD grew up idolizing McNabb and hence the #5 he chose for college. To each own, I guess. 

But, I do get what you are saying though. The play on the field matters more than the # on the jersey. 

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Correction:  Portis promised to pay Ohalete but didn't actually pay him until threatened with a law suit years later.  I lost a lot of respect for Clinton after that. His involvement in the medical equipment scheme confirmed to me that he is a POS and I won't change that opinion simply because he was a good player.  

thats true. I think he paid him half and then stiffed him on the other half. Definitely a dumb thing to do by Portis. He paid his debt to society, though, and will always be one of my favorite players. 

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

You’re probably best served by suspending disbelief and just trusting the notion that its important to some and tied to their identity. 

I see it both ways. 

Some players wont change their socks or underwear when on a winning streak. 

Others have other superstitions like eating certain meals, meditating before the game, or other pregame rituals. 

According to some psychologists it does have an impact:

https://qz.com/757757/athletes-who-wear-lucky-socks-arent-wrong-psychologists-say-superstitions-yield-real-advantages#:~:text=Of course%2C there's no rational,between a medal and none.

• Like 1