Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

In these times of uncertainty, I'd always ask: What would Snyder do? We all know the answer -- he'd mortgage our future to acquire Caleb, bask in the praises from the national media, consume every crumb of adulation tossed by his celebrity "friends" and local politicians, then personally greet Caleb at the DCA tarmac wearing his fresh custom-made USC go-fasters to demonstrate how culturally and socio-economically in sync they are before having the head coach chauffeur them to their lavish dinner reservation. The answer is clear: don't trade up for Caleb. It's what Dan would do.

Its funny but it kinda makes sense. What would Dan Snyder do? And just do the complete opposite.

49 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Yeah they wanted to move up for Richardson bad last year. Cousins is moving on and I think O'Connell wants a young guy he can really build around for the next decade.

But moving up from 11 will be tough. Lets say hypothetically we were to trade with them. What would it cost? I would want at MINIMUM every pick they have this year as well as their 1sts the next two years and even then I'm not sure.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That stat doesn't tell the whole story. How many of those are 3rd and shorts? 3rd and longs? Daniels is also throwing to guys who are wide open more often considering how talented his WRs are compared to the rest.

What does it say for McCarthy? He had a power running game for short 3rd downs and not great WR's. Also very young just turning 21.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That stat doesn't tell the whole story. How many of those are 3rd and shorts? 3rd and longs? Daniels is also throwing to guys who are wide open more often considering how talented his WRs are compared to the rest.

20240123_194400.jpg

20240201_181417.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you ThatNFLChick.

That has been posted before and I've even pointed out how so many of the advanced stats do show some good things about my guy, McCarthy. Like every time I see a new chart or table, most or all of the more revealing stats seem to favor at least having a positive impression of McCarthy. I also think he's the anti-Williams from a teammate and leadership perspective (and that's not me assuming Caleb is a bad guy, just from the observable things that he doesn't raise red flags.) 

Daniels has some good numbers too, but they seem significantly smaller than other QBs, a bit smaller than McCarthy and I would have thought he'd have a lot more.

Edited by Ghost of
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Thank you ThatNFLChick.

That has been posted before and I've even pointed out how so many of the advanced stats do show some good things about my guy, McCarthy. Like every time I see a new chart or table, most or all of the more revealing stats seem to favor at least having a positive impression of McCarthy. I also think he's the anti-Williams from a teammate and leadership perspective (and that's not me assuming Caleb is a bad guy, just from the observable things that he doesn't raise red flags.) 

Daniels has some good numbers too, but they seem significantly smaller than other QBs, a bit smaller than McCarthy and I would have thought he'd have a lot more.

Here's a link to the full chart. It is VERY helpful

• Thanks 1

Thank you ThatNFLChick.

McCarthy, needs to have a little more love than he is getting, he is really good in the clutch 3rd downs.

• Like 2

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

McCarthy, needs to have a little more love than he is getting, he is really good in the clutch 3rd downs.

Only a 5 star QB recruited by Ohio State, who won a state title in Illinois, a national HS title with IMG, named Florida Player of the Year (no small feat for anyone to be named player of the year in that state), who went on to lose one game as a starter in college, win a national title, all while nursing a bum ankle (it's a major reason they ran the ball the second half vs Penn State) the last several games of the season and making every single pass or play that he had to make while doing it. And has no physical deficiencies in his toolkit, although he'll need to get to 215-220 before too long.

Yes, I get that they ran a lot but you are also supposed to be looking at mental makeup. He isn't some game manager who won a starting job so the previous comparison to Stetson Bennett is insulting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Only a 5 star QB recruited by Ohio State, who won a state title in Illinois, a national HS title with IMG, named Florida Player of the Year (no small feat for anyone to be named player of the year in that state), who went on to lose one game as a starter in college, win a national title, all while nursing a bum ankle (it's a major reason they ran the ball the second half vs Penn State) the last several games of the season and making every single pass or play that he had to make while doing it. And has no physical deficiencies in his toolkit, although he'll need to get to 215-220 before too long.

Yes, I get that they ran a lot but you are also supposed to be looking at mental makeup. He isn't some game manager who won a starting job so the previous comparison to Stetson Bennett is insulting.

I like him a lot, Played in the toughest division of the Big Ten, IMG gets all the talent from all over, that's were they go to play with the other 5 stars. He is a winner, beat Bama and Wash.  He reminds me of Purdy and his style of play. May need to sit 1 year but a perfect place would be here. 

11 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

He was half joking. He said if Detroit had picked him he would have asked for so much money they would have to have put him on layaway.

Deion wasn't joking: 

Caleb, if you want to come to D.C., learn from the best because we're not trading a king's ransom to go up for ya!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

A guy with Bayou in his name preferring the LSU QB. What a shocker!

Jayden will be the best QB out of this draft. You can bookmark this post. A guy with SoCal sticking up for Caleb!  And I’m still thinking JD may get himself drafted 1st overall after the combine. 

45 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

JJ is a poor man’s Daniel Jones. Anyone drafting him in the first is throwing their pick away. 

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

7 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Jayden will be the best QB out of this draft. You can bookmark this post. A guy with SoCal sticking up for Caleb!  And I’m still thinking JD may get himself drafted 1st overall after the combine. 

JJ is a poor man’s Daniel Jones. Anyone drafting him in the first is throwing their pick away. 

So basically everyone is sticking up for their almae matres or favorite teams' QB? 

Are you still mad about my post talking about the top of Jayden's head, and his name? JJ now that's a solid name. Caleb too.  Jalen can work since it's descended from a Michigan Man (what an impact on society Jalen's mom made.) But Jayden will disappoint like Jaden Smith's acting career. How about them apples?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ghost of said:

So basically everyone is sticking up for their almae matres or favorite teams' QB? 

Are you still mad about my post talking about the top of Jayden's head, and his name? JJ now that's a solid name. Caleb too.  Jalen can work since it's descended from a Michigan Man (what an impact on society Jalen's mom made.) But Jayden will disappoint like Jaden Smith's acting career. How about them apples?

Yes. 

I am here to tell you that Cam Ward will be the best QB in next year’s draft. He’s the epitome of what a Hurricane should represent and has done so in his long, storied 2 week career at the []_[]. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Na the top QB is gonna be Jordan McCloud.

#jmufootball

Haha but seriously, JMU alum checking in. I'm actually curious about Jalen Green, who was tearing up Sun Belt opponents until he got injured. I think he may be a bit of a tweener for the NFL though. Actually, I don't even know if he's coming out but would be interesting to see if he could prove himself in a training camp with someone.

Off-topic tho, my bad 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skinsfan66 said:

I've got McCarthy as #3 behind Williams and Daniels. He will move up the draft boards post combines/pro day while Maye will move down. Been my prediction for a good bit. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of said:

Couldn't agree more with your assessment. The guy is a winner and in this "what have you done lately" business of the NFL McCarthy gets a shining gold star! I expect him to be drafted in the top 10-13 spots with a strong possibility of cracking top 10.

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would be completely floored if that were to happen. HE has by far the weakest arm of the top 3. Like it isnt close. 

Why does everyone think arm strength is a primary determining factor? As long as a team believes he can make every throw thats all that matters. Touch and accuracy is far more important. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1