Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

During the first quarter of the game yesterday I saw Mahomes and Jackson doing amazing athletic things and said to myself "screw Drake Maye, I want a QB who can do these things". Then January Jackson returned and I'm back wanting the more traditional pocket passer.  

The thing is, Maye is also a tremendous athlete. Its not like hes some complete stiff in the pocket. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Purdy is average but he fits the Shanny system perfectly. Hes Taylor Heinicke on our team.

You really had to go there huh? LOL

As much as people pile on TH for his weak arm and dubious decision making he at least had the intangibles we see in Purdy.

These guys can literally change the game in a heartbeat, sometimes for the bad.

But hey, we preferred Howell and shipped TH due to fan derision. Another RR victim, if you ask me.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Thumb down 2

3 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

You really had to go there huh? LOL

As much as people pile on TH for his weak arm and dubious decision making he at least had the intangibles we see in Purdy.

These guys can literally change the game in a heartbeat, sometimes for the bad.

But hey, we preferred Howell and shipped TH due to fan derision. Another RR victim, if you ask me.

I am not a big RR or TH guy but would Th have even been in the league without RR? Purdy appears to be a better QB but at the end of the day, doesn't matter, neither are in Washington.

I sure hope the new QB decided by the HC and OC are much better than both of those guys.

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The thing is, Maye is also a tremendous athlete. Its not like hes some complete stiff in the pocket. 

Agreed which is why I want him. But he can't escape like we saw Lamar escape, or make the magical plays like Mahomes. OK scratch that last part, nobody has ever made some of the plays Mahomes has made.  

10 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Agreed which is why I want him. But he can't escape like we saw Lamar escape, or make the magical plays like Mahomes. OK scratch that last part, nobody has ever made some of the plays Mahomes has made.  

Yeah Maye is more mini Josh Allen/Big Ben. 

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

image.gif.8fa7d56eae04bec82183b717cb99370f.gif

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

image.gif.8fa7d56eae04bec82183b717cb99370f.gif

Thanks for this, I have always been in the Maye camp. But I still believe he does not have the athletic ability of Daniels or the 2 playing yesterday.  As tempting as it is to get a player like that I'm sorry I just can't erase the images of Lamar and Kyle Murray in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Thanks for this, I have always been in the Maye camp. But I still believe he does not have the athletic ability of Daniels or the 2 playing yesterday.  As tempting as it is to get a player like that I'm sorry I just can't erase the images of Lamar and Kyle Murray in the playoffs.  

I actually think his athletic ability is comparable if not better than Mahomes. Now Mahomes is an absolute alien and his ability to throw, make plays, and improvise while moving is second to none and noone is close, but hes not an exceptional athlete by any means.

No doubt Daniels is a superior athlete but hes also rail thin and his frame will get him killed. And Daniels doesnt have Jackson’s quick twitch wiggle or elusiveness(again noone does, dudes a unicorn). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I actually think his athletic ability is comparable if not better than Mahomes. Now Mahomes is an absolute alien and his ability to throw, make plays, and improvise while moving is second to none and noone is close, but hes not an exceptional athlete by any means.

Have you made comparisons of Maye to both Mahomes and Luck over the last few days ? :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Have you made comparisons of Maye to both Mahomes and Luck over the last few days ? :)

Maye is nowhere near Mahomes as an improviser or creater. All Im saying is hes a better pure athlete. But Mahomes isnt known for his raw athleticism anyway.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Maye is nowhere near Mahomes as an improviser or creater. All Im saying is hes a better pure athlete. But Mahomes isnt known for his raw athleticism anyway.

He is not a better pure athlete. Sorry. Mahomes could have went either way with NFL or MLB, has elite arm talent, deceptively strong, and very mobile. Please stop trying to comp Maye to Mahomes. 

7 minutes ago, pico926 said:

He is not a better pure athlete. Sorry. Mahomes could have went either way with NFL or MLB, has elite arm talent, deceptively strong, and very mobile. Please stop trying to comp Maye to Mahomes. 

I believe Maye could have went either football or basketball. And I will always believe Basketball is an athletic sport. Baseball is just not. (I do hate baseball though)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pico926 said:

Watch Mahomes move. Its kinda awkward. Hes not particularly fast or explosive. His strength is his ability to create and not sacrifice arm strength or accuracy when on the run. Agree 100 Mahomes arm talent is second to none. All Im saying is that Maye has better raw athleticism. Obviously he is nowhere near the passer Mahomes is(nobody is). 

Maye is more of a Herbert/Allen/Big Ben hybrid. That is, if he hits his ceiling. Im confident that under Ben Johnson he can. We’ll see. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

During the first quarter of the game yesterday I saw Mahomes and Jackson doing amazing athletic things and said to myself "screw Drake Maye, I want a QB who can do these things". Then January Jackson returned and I'm back wanting the more traditional pocket passer.  

January Jackson :rofl89:

38 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well definitely not as athletic Daniels but he is very athletic for his size definitely as athletic as Mahomes. I really like him as well he would be my #1 choice. 

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Mahomes ran a 4.80 40-yd dash and a 30-inch vertical... I would bet good money Maye posts better numbers.  That's not to say he's the magician Mahomes is, but I do think he's more athletic judging by traditional metrics.

Yep that's what I'm saying. Maye might run in the 4.6 area. Not that the 40 time is any good indication for QBs, I'm just referring to that original post which was to refute that Maye doesn't have Mahomes's athleticism. I also would venture to guess he will beat Mahomes's combine athletic numbers(which again I am not saying are any indication one way or another of if he'll be a good QB, for that I'm using his physical QB traits and game tape).

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Definitely seeing more big name mocks lately with us going Daniels. A little concerning to me. But if that is who Peters prefers so be it. They get paid well to make these decisions. 

Meh, these mocks mean nothing when we don't even have a coach, haven't had Senior Bowl, combine etc. 

Daniels is an easy mock to #2. Heisman trophy winning QB.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh, these mocks mean nothing when we don't even have a coach, haven't had Senior Bowl, combine etc. 

Daniels is an easy mock to #2. Heisman trophy winning QB.

All true. And we still have interviews and one on ones to go as well. The individual interviews are the real decision makers imo. Although I dont think we had one with Forbes last year. But QB's are a whole other ballgame. Have to know what their thought processes are while reading defenses etc. etc. Long ways to go. 

Yeah Mahomes is a baseball talent because of his arm (and presumably hitting, I don't know much about his baseball career). He's not the eyepopping athlete that a lot of QB prospects have been. You know who Mahomes is?

He's Fran Tarkenton.