Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A question for you guys

ThePackisback

That '91 team is always going to be overlooked among the greatest teams of all time because they were lacking that elite level franchise QB to pair with Gibbs.  Any time you match up this squad with Walsh/Montana's 49ers, or Favre's Packers,  Staubach's Cowboys, hell even Aikman's Cowboys, the tendency is always going to go with the team with the better QB as the better team.  That '91 *team* however was simply better and more dominant of a team than most mentioned previously. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I was 13 in 1991. I remember sitting down with my dad to watch the Super Bowl, I was really nervous and couldn't sit still. I asked him, " do you think we will win??" He looked at me like I asked him the dumbest question ever. "Yes, were going to win". I can still see the confidence in his face. Skins had total.control of that game. Best Skins team ever. Easy top 5 team ever. Maybe best ever. Not flashy, just pure awesome and well coached.

Edited by SprintBomb

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

That '91 team is always going to be overlooked among the greatest teams of all time because they were lacking that elite level franchise QB to pair with Gibbs.  Any time you match up this squad with Walsh/Montana's 49ers, or Favre's Packers,  Staubach's Cowboys, hell even Aikman's Cowboys, the tendency is always going to go with the team with the better QB as the better team.  That '91 *team* however was simply better and more dominant of a team than most mentioned previously. 

True, but it is an insult to Joe Gibbs.

The above mentioned were lucky in getting the players that got them there, but none of them came remotely close to doing what Gibbs and his staff did.

It wasn't like the 49ers went through a season playing against 6 or 7 playoff-bound teams much or going up against perennial powerhouses.  Just as some say that the 91' Redskins didn't go up against the 49ers or Bears, instead went up against one year wonders, but they actually did. There were alot of people picking the Bears in 87' but Gibbs and co.  shut them down. 

Just as they say the Redskins didn't play anybody, the same could have been said about them.

45 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

True, but it is an insult to Joe Gibbs.

The above mentioned were lucky in getting the players that got them there, but none of them came remotely close to doing what Gibbs and his staff did.

It wasn't like the 49ers went through a season playing against 6 or 7 playoff-bound teams much or going up against perennial powerhouses.  Just as some say that the 91' Redskins didn't go up against the 49ers or Bears, instead went up against one year wonders, but they actually did. There were alot of people picking the Bears in 87' but Gibbs and co.  shut them down. 

Just as they say the Redskins didn't play anybody, the same could have been said about them.

But the Montana and Young lead niners were crazy stacked, also lead by one of the best coaches ever and played perfect unbeatable football year in year out. We weren't great and had one insane year where the ball just bounced our way. We had an insane defense and talented skill players, but until Rypian started throwing ridiculous bombs, we were beatable. The Cowboys were so stupid built too. We had one of the greatest years, but the Cowboys, niners, bills, hell maybe the Oilers, were better teams.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So now - literally, The Pack is Back !

It's Packer week.

Is this the official thread ?

Oh, not only is the Pack back, but Quinton Dunbar is back - but with the Pack.

Oh yay. So Quinton Dunbar can be the next guy to get “revenge” on the organization, helping lead his team to a beat down over us. Wooooo. Can’t wait for that game. 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh yay. So Quinton Dunbar can be the next guy to get “revenge” on the organization, helping lead his team to a beat down over us. Wooooo. Can’t wait for that game. 

I had a fellow Packers fan come up to me and say Great game against Chicago. I said it was then he says it’s a for sure loss next week. He then says we have Arizona next Sunday. I responded we play Washington. He had no idea.

10 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

I had a fellow Packers fan come up to me and say Great game against Chicago. I said it was then he says it’s a for sure loss next week. He then says we have Arizona next Sunday. I responded we play Washington. He had no idea.

I have no doubt that made his worries go away when he found out they’re playing Washington 😂

• Haha 1

Hey man, I've loved your posts for a while.  You're a genuine good fan and represent your base well.

However, this is the rich kid telling the poor kid that things'll look up soon.  In your experience, that's what has happened.  You've literally had a Hall of Fame quarterback since the year after that 1991 team.  You don't know anything other than that.  That's not out of willful ignorance or maliciousness, you just simply don't know that there's an alternate experience that's antithetical to yours.

That's why sometimes it can come off as condescending, which I doubt is your intent.  There comes a point where the poor kid knows that being rich just ain't gonna happen and doesn't want to hear it anymore.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Hey man, I've loved your posts for a while.  You're a genuine good fan and represent your base well.

However, this is the rich kid telling the poor kid that things'll look up soon.  In your experience, that's what has happened.  You've literally had a Hall of Fame quarterback since the year after that 1991 team.  You don't know anything other than that.  That's not out of willful ignorance or maliciousness, you just simply don't know that there's an alternate experience that's antithetical to yours.

That's why sometimes it can come off as condescending, which I doubt is your intent.  There comes a point where the poor kid knows that being rich just ain't gonna happen and doesn't want to hear it anymore.

It isnt my intent and I apologize if I offended you guys. Seriously I love your fanbase. Again I apologize. Im only trying to encourage you guys.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have no doubt that made his worries go away when he found out they’re playing Washington 😂

He just said where is it at? I told him Home and he kind of had a sigh of relief.

15 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

It isnt my intent and I apologize if I offended you guys. Seriously I love your fanbase. Again I apologize. Im only trying to encourage you guys.

No worries, you're good people.  Just wanted to explain why you're not gonna get the response you're hoping for.  Don't change. :)