Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 3 Prediction thread..Washington @ bungalo bills

bakedtater1

10 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Alright everyone..let's get some sleep. Big day tomorrow and we want everyone to be ready for the big win. HTTWFT!

off-topic: you forgot to tell them to brush their teeth before bed 😁

on-topic: i predicted no one would listen to you :P

• Haha 2

The Bill have a very good run defense.  Washington is going to need to set up the short-medium passing attack to loosen up the Bills' run defense.

Bottom Line:  Washington's defense and special teams are going to have to create a bunch of opportunities for easy points, which I think the offense could convert into enough to win.

Footnote:  I'm really enjoying the fact that we now have a team that can be competitive against playoff-caliber opponents.  There's no way we'd have this much realistic hope with those Steve Spurrier led teams.

2 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

There's no way we'd have this much realistic hope with those Steve Spurrier led teams.

Dude, where did this come from? Spurrier was literally 17-18 years ago.

Windy day with a weak arm gunslinger QB on the road with the D playing like crap vs a top 5-6 team to me doesn't equal a close game unless somehow Heine is Drew Brees and somehow they win the turnover battle by 2-3.

Bills 33

Redsomethings 16

• Sad 1

For years, I’ve had a hard time being optimistic heading into games against true contenders, like the Bills.

For some reason, I feel really good about this game. I expect to see vast improvement from the defense, including a score from this side of the ball to go along with 4-5 sacks and 3+ turnovers forced.

Of course I hope that TH pans out, but I’m not a card holding member of the Hive…..yet. Call it “Battered Fan Syndrome”. A big game today against a quality opponent like Buffalo, may cause me to fill out an application.

WFT - 31

Buff - 20

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Dude, where did this come from? Spurrier was literally 17-18 years ago.

I chose an example of dysfunction in the Washington franchise, I though no one would challenge. 

Hey, for those of us who've been watching Washington Football over the last 20+ years, there have been some real low-points in how the franchise has been run. 

In a way, even with its current challenges, this current version of the franchise/organization seems very promising, and I think it's been inspiring some hope for Washington's success in the near future. These days, at least the Team is actually competitive and no longer considered a walkover.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

22 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Except for Pittsburgh, the defense did it against inferior competition. Some teams were playing backups, when the defense played them.

With a tougher schedule this year, against some of the best qbs in the league; we will soon find out if the defense is really as good as the hype or overrated.

The first 2 weeks against teams closer to us; leaves one doubtful.

The first test is today.

That test was a disaster! No pressure, no schemes, no disrupting the receivers timing, this is definitely coaching and it's like watching Haslett all over again. Every future Hall of Fame QB is on our schedule this season, and if you give any of these QB's time in the pocket, they will destroy you. Last season our Defensive line made Del Rio look like a great coach, this season we will see how good of a coach he really is. So far he is failing the test, we have seen 0 adjustments in the 2nd half, unlike last season when we would shut teams down.

8 hours ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

That test was a disaster! No pressure, no schemes, no disrupting the receivers timing, this is definitely coaching and it's like watching Haslett all over again. Every future Hall of Fame QB is on our schedule this season, and if you give any of these QB's time in the pocket, they will destroy you. Last season our Defensive line made Del Rio look like a great coach, this season we will see how good of a coach he really is. So far he is failing the test, we have seen 0 adjustments in the 2nd half, unlike last season when we would shut teams down.

So that begs the question, what is the big difference with this year?  I don’t think players all of a sudden get this bad.  Like you said, it has to be coaching.

• Like 1