Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Another report for Williams maybe going top 10

I speculate that in the very near future, a knee injury will be like having TJ surgery in baseball.  Out a season, then bounce back stronger.  Wasn’t too long ago a knee injury was a “death sentence”.  I hope Jameson goes in the 1st.  The talent is definitely there

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this chart goes deeper than the other one I posted earlier

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 5.16.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 5.16.23 PM.png

This chart only further confirms the obvious that we should trade down.

Trading down with Steelers would be nice if Burks is on our radar. Olave could also be there if we truly like him that much. Take him, Burks, or Watson whoever falls. Dax Hill seems almost guaranteed to be there so long as we don't trade out of the 1st round completely. 

I'm targeting the Chiefs and Lions picks HEAVY if it were me. 28+29 or 32&34 would be wonderful in this year's draft. Sit there and take the BPA at position of need. Second pick gives you great flexibility to pick yet another BPA or trade down further. Plus whatever mid rounder/future picks they would potentially throw in to the deal.

Also according to the chart, the idea of Breece Hall or Walker being available at 47 seems a little unlikely. 

Its easy to say we should trade down but it takes two to tango. I wouldn't move down just for the sake of moving down, we have to get appropriate value. Moving all the way down from 11 just to get 32 and 34 would not be enough for me. Now the Packers 22 and 28? Yeah I'm listening. 

We have to hope players that other teams want fall to us and that we can get a bidding war going. I think Stingley is our best bet since everyone wants shutdown CBs and there are teams immediately after us that would be desperate for him. But then you have to think to yourself: if he's that good why don't we just take him ourselves? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its easy to say we should trade down but it takes two to tango. I wouldn't move down just for the sake of moving down, we have to get appropriate value. Moving all the way down from 11 just to get 32 and 34 would not be enough for me. Now the Packers 22 and 28? Yeah I'm listening. 

We have to hope players that other teams want fall to us and that we can get a bidding war going. I think Stingley is our best bet since everyone wants shutdown CBs and there are teams immediately after us that would be desperate for him. But then you have to think to yourself: if he's that good why don't we just take him ourselves? 

Of course, I agree. You have to get fair value. It's just a great draft to move down. Historically deep, maybe the deepest in NFL history due to covid.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Cynthia Frelund just compared Sam Howell to Drew Brees and I never wanted to hug someone more.

The only thing that scares me about the Wentz trade and kicking the can down the road until next year if he bombs this year...is looking back and seeing Ridder, Howell, or one of the other QBs become pro bowlers and we missed out on taking one.

Just now, Forever A Redskin said:

The only thing that scares me about the Wentz trade and kicking the can down the road until next year if he bombs this year...is looking back and seeing Ridder, Howell, or one of the other QBs become pro bowlers and we missed out on taking one.

Can say that every year.  I’m pretty sold on Howell being good. I have been. He was my target up until we got Wentz. 

Just too many resources to put into the QB room. And if Wentz flames out we will be in position for a top one next year. If he is good Howell won’t see the field or we’ll have a good ol fashion QB controversy.

Granted, if this team does the ol “uh… really?” Move and drafts him I will be stoked… while also saying, “Very Commander thing to do… BUT SAM HOWELL!”

The fan in me wants it to happen. The realist, coach, and arm chair GM in me says, “would be idiotic.”

• Like 1

RR wants weapons for Wentz.  It speaks volumes for WR at #11 if we stay there.  I think the pick has got to be one of three in no particular order.  Wilson, Olave or London.  Of note, it will be interesting to see if RR attends USC's Pro Day tomorrow as it was mentioned that RR was going to do before it was rescheduled.  If he's there, big statement made, and London is on his list.  

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

RR wants weapons for Wentz.  It speaks volumes for WR at #11 if we stay there.  I think the pick has got to be one of three in no particular order.  Wilson, Olave or London.  Of note, it will be interesting to see if RR attends USC's Pro Day tomorrow as it was mentioned that RR was going to do before it was rescheduled.  If he's there, big statement made, and London is on his list.  

London is on the list regardless. The fact he was going to the other one shows that.

• Like 1

Checked out some film on Danny Gray - several Highlight films and SMU O vs Houston D.  There were some things that really stood out to me. 

He is a willing blocker, although he could improve.

Has changes of speed and timing as to the routes he is running - does crossing patterns well.  Seems to know where the holes are in the defense. 

A little soft in his cuts on some routes and other times can be crisp.

His second gear is blazing and he get to it in two strides - when he hits it, he is gone.

I can see why SIP likes him.

:229:The Rook

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Checked out some film on Danny Gray - several Highlight films and SMU O vs Houston D.  There were some things that really stood out to me. 

Has changes of speed and timing as to the routes he is running - does crossing patterns well.  Seems to know where the holes are in the defense. 

His second gear is blazing and he get to it in two strides - when he hits it, he is gone.

I was just listening to Zeirlien and Brugler's podcast. 

Zeirlien loves Jameson Williams, he's his WR #1.  But then they talked about who to take if you miss out on him in that same brand later in the draft so they went to Danny Gray.  Very cool.

But my highlight was Zeirlien used the same analogy I did for Zamir White, which is he plays in that same style of Kenneth Walker.  That one floored me because I thought i was maybe getting a bit wild with that analogy but having watched a bunch of RBs they did remind me of each other (obvioulsy Walker being the better back) where they can run zone-gap, inside-outside.  Can do it all except neither is accomplished as a pass catcher. 

Like the tweet below they said talking to teams it really varies as to which team has which WR ranked as tops.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, The Rook said:

The sneaky thing to me about him is he's physical at the catch point.  He's not just a blazer.  He didn't seem to run an elaborate route tree so he might be a bit raw.  But the combination of his speed and physicality makes him intriguing. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The sneaky thing to me about him is he's physical at the catch point.  He's not just a blazer.  He didn't seem to run an elaborate route tree so he might be a bit raw.  But the combination of his speed and physicality makes him intriguing. 

Upon a quick watch he reminded me of James Proche. Same team. But he’s definitely more physical. I like him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just listening to Zeirlien and Brugler's podcast. 

Zeirlien loves Jameson Williams, he's his WR #1.  But then they talked about who to take if you miss out on him in that same brand later in the draft so they went to Danny Gray.  Very cool.

But my highlight was Zeirlien used the same analogy I did for Zamir White, which is he plays in that same style of Kenneth Walker.  That one floored me because I thought i was maybe getting a bit wild with that analogy but having watched a bunch of RBs they did remind me of each other (obvioulsy Walker being the better back) where they can run zone-gap, inside-outside.  Can do it all except neither is accomplished as a pass catcher. 

Like the tweet below they said talking to teams it really varies as to which team has which WR ranked as tops.

@Skinsinparadise @KDawg Noticed that the WR grades are all over the place on certain players.  My favorite WR in this draft is Burks.  I then have in order my other favorites.  Olave, Wilson, London.  I put Olave on the wishlist because that's who I think RR takes at #11 if he's still there which he should be but he draft has to play out.  To me, Burks give you everything you want in a WR, speed, hands, route running.  Olave is smaller stature but give you the same with a bit more quckness and speed.  Wilson is called the Natural by PFF, not explaning there.  London has the best hands of them all.  

*** Note **** Williams is probably #1 but we need help right away thus I left him out. 

Edited by RWJ

Keim latest podcast came out a few minutes ago versus his typical Friday morning release

A.  Hears Hamilton has a good chance to fall to 11.  He suggests Hamilton is on the table for them at that spot.  Considering Keim keeps going with the Hamilton stuff of late, I am sure that means he's hearing they like him.     He thinks if they do this, decent shot they take a WR in round 2.   

B.  There is a desire to take a WR in either the first two rounds. He couched it with the word "desire' so I took it that its not slam dunk but its where they are leaning I presume depending on who falls to their pick

C.  1-2 QBs can go top 10.  Keim is skeptical though that its 2.  On another note, Brugler-Zeirlien said their sources are all over the map as to what spots the Qbs land.

D.  4 pass rushers, 2 WRs, 2 O lineman could go top 10

E.  Weird tangent on Corral, implying the Commanders would like his quick twitch style of play but would have concerns about his size matched to his style of play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been for Hamilton since day one. He fits what we need at worst he would probably be as good as Collins. Could be moved to linebacker if it had to be done. I don't think we could move down and get Hamilton the vikings or texans would take him.

If he is gone I think they will take Olave at 11 and I dont think they would trade down. I would rather they take Burks alittle further down but there will be a run on Wr and it looks like they really like Olave.

Any chane we would take one of the OT if they dropped thinking could be Cross?

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim latest podcast came out a few minutes ago versus his typical Friday morning release

A.  Hears Hamilton has a good chance to fall to 11.  He suggests Hamilton is on the table for them at that spot.  Considering Keim keeps going with the Hamilton stuff of late, I am sure that means he's hearing they like him.     He thinks if they do this, decent shot they take a WR in round 2.   

B.  There is a desire to take a WR in either the first two rounds. He couched it with the word "desire' so I took it that its not slam dunk but its where they are leaning I presume depending on who falls to their pick

C.  1-2 QBs can go top 10.  Keim is skeptical though that its 2.  On another note, Brugler-Zeirlien said their sources are all over the map as to what spots the Qbs land.

D.  4 pass rushers, 2 WRs, 2 O lineman could go top 10

E.  Weird tangent on Corral, implying the Commanders would like his quick twitch style of play but would have concerns about his size matched to his style of play.

Funny, was hearing the same about Hamilton being all over the place.  Prisco from CBS latest mock has him going to us but said he thinks he should be in the teens, if I remember correctly but wasn't high on him.  There are some that think he's the No 1. player in the draft.  I don't but that's my personal opinion.   Interesting to note.  I find Andersen the most intriguing player in the entire draft.  I love how he plays so many different positions well and only played them a short time.  Show the talent the young man has but as SIP mentioned no game film on him only highlights.  None the less, I think he will be special.  Gut feeling.  In the 2nd, Commanders if they choose WR have options but let's see how the RR being at Pro Days and selecting a player in the 1st works out.  :)  He wasn't at Hamilton's Pro Day so it could mean something or it could mean nothing but there is definitely a 100 % track record there to be broken.  

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One of the reports I read mentioned that the style of SMU did not lend itself to a lot of different routes:

"Gray, however, is still a little raw and due to playing in the spread has a very limited route tree ..."

• Like 1

Charles Davis pushing a bunch of my favs, and a player I know that @Going Commandoloves

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-13-prospects-charles-davis-would-pound-the-table-for

2022 NFL Draft: 13 prospects Charles Davis would pound the table for

Matt Corral
Mississippi · QB

Corral is my favorite quarterback in this year's draft. I love how he has progressed throughout his career, and it all came together for him in 2021, when he was the personification of skill, toughness and moxie. With an extremely quick release and the ability to make plays with his legs, I view his skill set as a great fit for today's NFL. As a former Tennessee Volunteer, I'll never forget what he did to UT last October in Neyland Stadium. Corral accounted for 426 total yards, including a career-high 195 rushing yards on 30(!) attempts, while playing through injury in leading Ole Miss to a 31-26 victory. Also, he showed at his pro day that he's fully recovered from the high ankle sprain he suffered against Baylor in the Sugar Bowl.

Pierre Strong

South Dakota State · RB

Strong was prolific at the FCS level, finishing with a career average of 7.1 yards per carry, and he had a great showing at the NFL Scouting Combine, tying for the fastest 40-yard dash among running backs (4.37 seconds). I know some people might want to discount FCS production, but we don't have to look back very far to find examples of lower-level running backs who have shined in the NFL (James Robinson, Illinois State; David Johnson, Northern Iowa). Strong's numbers were terrific every year, and they translated to team success, with SDSU making deep playoff runs in each of the last two seasons. He doesn't have ideal size (5-foot-11, 205 pounds), but don't overlook his production and toughness. He has a lot in common with 49ers RB Elijah Mitchell (5-10, 200), who had a big rookie season coming out of a non-Power Five school (Louisiana) in 2021.

Charlie Kolar
Iowa State · TE

The team that drafts Kolar will be getting a two-time finalist for the John Mackey Award (nation's top tight end) and the 2021 winner of the William V. Campbell Trophy, which is also known as the academic Heisman. A native of Norman, Oklahoma, Kolar grew up dreaming of playing for the hometown Sooners -- both of his parents were professors at the school -- but he never received an offer from OU. He chose Iowa State, and went on to have a highly decorated career. I think his determination to prove his doubters wrong will help power him in the league. One more fun fact about Kolar: He was a high school basketball teammate of NBA star Trae Young.

Tyler Linderbaum
Iowa · C

I believe Linderbaum could make the same kind of impact that Creed Humphrey -- a member of this list last year -- did for the Chiefs in 2021. The former Hawkeye was the best center in college football last year, and he was coached by Kirk Ferentz, an offensive line genius. He absolutely crushed his pro day earlier this week after not working out at the combine while recovering from a foot injury suffered in the Citrus Bowl. The size factor comes up with Linderbaum a lot (measured 6-2, 302 at pro day), but let's take a look at some of the best centers in the NFL: Corey Linsley (6-3, 301), Jason Kelce (6-3, 295). They each faced similar doubts based on size, and went on to become All-Pros. I'm not concerned about Linderbaum's size. 

Leo Chenal
Wisconsin · LB

If you want a big linebacker (6-2, 261) who tackles everything that moves, Chenal is your guy. He missed the first two games of last season after testing positive for COVID-19 but still led the Badgers with 114 tackles, including 17.5 for loss (he ranked second in the FBS with 1.6 TFL per game). A finalist for the Butkus Award (nation's top LB), Chenal proved at the combine that some folks were sleeping on his athleticism. He finished among the top performers at his position in the vertical (40.5 inches) and broad (10 feet, 8 inches) jumps.