Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

With the 249th pick of the draft, the Green Bay Packers select
Tyrion Davis-Price, RB, LSU

5f94e6bed6b3b.image.jpg?resize=1333,1331

230 pound bruising runningback with enough jets to run a 4.48 second 40-yard-dash.  He gashed the the Florida defense to the tune of 287 yards on the ground.  I'm not sure exactly how Aaron Jones' contract works, but this might be his last season here because it become super expensive to keep him next season?  A.J. Dillon also has two years left on his contract, so I suppose it makes sense to take a late-round flyer on a guy to ease into the rotation and to be an insurance policy for the future.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Chiefs are on the clock

@WelshSkinsFan and the Bengals are on deck

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Rams soon

@Epochalypse and the Texans X2 - soon

@goskins10 and the Cardinals X2 - soon

@PokerPacker and the Pack soon

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Chiefs soon

@Epochalypse and the Texans soon

@Skinsinparadise and the Bucs soon

@Epochalypse and the 49ers will select Mr. Irrelevant!!  

End of the draft!! Let's finish strong!   

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

FYSA picks #254, #255, and #260 are Texans not 49ers.

Mr. Irrelevant is the 49ers though.

Sorry for some reason I thought you traded as the 49ers. OP is right. Mine was wrong. I fixed above. 

What was the trade made at 254 & 255 so I can update the OP please @Epochalypse

With the 253rd pick in the NFL Draft the Rams select Andrew Stueber OT Michigan

@Epochalypse and the Texans X2 - on the clock

@goskins10 and the Cardinals X2 - on deck

@PokerPacker and the Pack soon

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Chiefs soon

@Epochalypse and the Texans soon

@Skinsinparadise and the Bucs soon

@Epochalypse and the 49ers will select Mr. Irrelevant!!  

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 2

With the 254th pick in the ES GMs Mock Draft, the Houston Texans select...

DARE ROSENTHAL, T, Kentucky

Space reserved for typical awesome internet image

With the 255th pick in the ES GMs Mock Draft, the Houston Texans select...

ZAKOBY MCCLAIN, LB, Auburn

See above

Edited by Epochalypse
  • Like 2

With the 256th pick the Arizona Cardinals select: Quentin Lake, S UCLA

image.png.369aae2ff4b5d518fd32fa8ab49dfdb9.png

With the 257th pick the Arizona Cardinals select: Yusuf Corker, S  Kentucky

image.png.157baffd7c9f292e9ee23ef36190a2e8.png

This ends Arizona's draft. I am done for this year. Will be out tomorrow until late in the afternoon. Fun as always!!  

• Like 4

With pick 258 in the nfl draft, the Green Bay Packers select:
Cal Adomitis, LS, Pittsburgh

Not exactly the sexiest pick, but have I mentioned yet that the Packers had trouble with their Special Teams last season?  I know they fired their first long snapper.  I don't know enough about his replacement, but they had a kick and a punt blocked in one playoff game, which directly caused them to lose the game.  If a better snap can get those balls out of there faster to not be blocked, it's absolutely worth spending a late 7th round pick on making that happen.

Also, I lied about him not being the sexiest pick.  Look at this sexy mother ****er.
Screen_Shot_2018_05_19_at_10.40.31_AM.0.

• Haha 2

Packers draft recap:

1.22 (22) : WR      Jameson Williams  
1.28 (28) : OL      Bernhard Raimann  
2.21 (53) : LB      Christian Harris  
2.27 (59) : EDGE    Drake Jackson     
3.28 (92) : WR      Jalen Tolbert     
4.27 (132): DB      Akayleb Evans     
4.35 (140): WR      Tyquan Thornton   
5.28 (171): OL      Cade Mays         
7.7  (228): TE      Lucas Krull       
7.28 (249): RB      Tyrion Davis-Price
7.37 (258): LS      Cal Adomitis

At WR, Davante Adams, Marquez Valdez-Scantling, and Equanimeous St. Brown all left in free agency.  Randall Cobb and Amari Rodgers are slot-receivers, and Allen Lazard is more of a WR3, so it's prudent to draft some top-end boundary and deep-threat receivers.  Jameson Williams should be #1, but will likely start the season on PUP.  Jalen Tolbert will have to fill that #1 spot in the mean time.  Tyquan Thornton will play the role of the deep threat with his blazing speed.

On the O-line, Billy Turner and Lucas Patrick were released to make cap space this offseason.  David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins are coming off of ACL injuries, though I expect Bakhtiari to be good to start the season.  Still, that leaves us with two spots on the O-line that should be training camp battles.  It's a bit fluid given the versatility of the guys on the line, but I'm expecting to see Right Tackle and Left Guard being the positions to watch in camp.  Bernhard Raimann and Cade Mays both have the build, strength, and athleticism to play either Guard or Tackle, so they should both be in the running to win one of those spots.  After Elgton Jenkins returns, we can re-evaluate the line and see who keeps their spot.

ILB Oren Burks left in the offseason leaving a spot open here.  We've got a couple LBs who can fill in, but picking up Christian Harris really solidifies the position here.

Edge-rusher Zadarius Smith was another cap casualty this off-season.  Packers still have two great edge rushers with Preston Smith returning and the emergence of Rashan Gary, but now Drake Jackson comes in as a rotational player to rotate in and keep them fresh.

CB is deep with Jaire Alexander, Eric Stokes, and Rasul Douglass all returning.  Akayleb Evans will provide further depth at the position, and I believe his size and physicality will also lend to him being able to fill in at Safety, which while having a solid pair of starters, is a bit shallow beyond Amos and Savage.  If he can put on some weight (and maybe even if he doesn't), Safety may be his future calling in the NFL.

Packers have a few decent players at Tight End, but they fill different roles.  Marcedes Lewis, who's ancient, is the inline-blocking TE.  Josiah Deguara is the H-back type TE.  And Robert Tonyan is the pass-receiving safety blanket.  Tonyan is coming off of an ACL injury, however.  And given the WR situation, being without another pass-receiver isn't a great position to be in.  So here's to hoping 7th-round flyer Lucas Krull can come in early and give Rodgers a big target to throw to.

RB was a little bit of a luxury pick.  Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are both feature backs.  But Jones' cap hit next season will be $20 mil, so this may be realistically his last season here.  AJ Dillon's contract has two years remaining on it.  I figure I've got the luxury of taking a late-round flyer on a RB now and if he looks good, we won't have to spend a higher pick on one in the next year or two as it becomes more critical.  And Tyrion Davis-Price was as good as any an option to take a chance on here given the athleticism he provides for a 232 pound runningback.

And finally, Cal Adomitis won the award for best Long Snapper in college.  Packers had some serious Special Teams issues last season, and if a late 7th-round pick can improve upon that, it's a pick well spent.  We already signed a new punter in the off-season, so this one-two combo, along with all my highly athletic draft picks who may find their way onto the Special Teams unit, hopefully we can put our Special Teams woes behind us and not lose a playoff game in such an embarrassing fashion ever again.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Washington Commanders 2022 Mock Draft.                                                 

Rd1. Garrett Wilson WR          

Rd3. Greg Dulcich TE.            

Rd4. Troy Anderson LB          

Rd4. Brian Robinson Jr. RB.     

Rd4. Zach Tom OG.                

Rd5. JT Woods S.                          

Rd6. Eyioma Uwazurike DT   

Rd6. Cordale Flott CB             

Rd7. Noah Elliss DT                

Rd7. Jack Sanborn LB.  

The Washington Commanders come into the the 2022 season with a new QB they just traded for.  They put all their chips on the table.  In the Draft they wanted to give Carson Wentz additional weapons and protect him. 4 of the top 5 picks were on the offensive side of the ball. They used the 2nd half of their draft to fill some depth issues on the defensive side of the ball.  They picked up 4 additional picks by trading out of the second round.  That gamble paid off with a triple homer in the 4th round in this front offices opinion.  Overall we are pleased with our haul and we feel ready for 2022.

Wilson-

Dude is a YAC monster, an elite athlete and playmaker. Matching him up with Mclaurin, Samuels, and Brown  our Wr corp is beefed up. While Williams/London are coming off of injuries and present more risk, Olave's value at 11 was in question..We thought this was the cleanest weapon available.

Dulcich-

This pick seems a little out of the blue.  However, the team knew he probably was not going to be available at their 4th round picks.  This young man is a big play machine.

Over the last two years Dulcich exploded for 68 catches for 1,242 yards and 10 touchdowns. 17.6 yards per reception.

He's only 21 and we think he presents a weapon Wentz will love. Reminds the front office of Kittle. The seal of approval was gained for the front office when reviewing his blocking skills from the Senior bowl.

The most impressive run blocker from the tight end group was absolutely Greg Dulcich. There were multiple plays where Dulcich was credited with clearing the path for the rushing attack. Making it even more impressive, it wasn’t all just chip blocks or assists on the edge — it was Dulcich clearing the path on the second level against linebackers. Logans age/ injury status and Reyes raw skills made pulling this trigger much easier.

Troy Anderson-

This made trading down totally and completely worth it.  We knew as a front office we had to knock the 4th round out of the ballpark. 

We were pleasantly surprised he was still available.  His athleticism is effortless.  The dude just has it.  It's still a risk and it will take time,  However the coaches are overjoyed to get to work with the young talented dude.

Brian Robinson Jr.-

This is the worker bee, unassuming uber talented and tough as nails player that will thrive as a one two punch with Gibson. He's great at protection, he's got better hands than people realize, and the kid just loves to work. This is a Ron Rivera special, his personal favorite pick. 

Zach Tom 

Tom is one of the best athletes at OL in the draft, literally.  

He's so sudden in his ability to mirror, helping him earn a 92.1 pass-blocking grade last season.

Matsko is elated he gets to help this kid get his career started.

JT Woods

Woods has a shot to fill the buffalo nickel role, He's fast (4.38), experienced, and willing. But he also may allow some one else to play it if you want to give him a more FS role.  Woods is a long, explosive deep safety with single-high capabilities, able to erase big plays with his range.

Eyioma Uwazurike

Call him Mr. In the right place because he balled to the tune of 9 sacks in his last season lining up mostly at DT. To get that type of production in the 6th round and help begin to replenish what was lost with Settle and Ion leaving we were happy he was still available. 

Cordale Flott

This guy is weird and awcky looking. He's rail thin and undersized.  If he was 200lbs he's probably a 2-3 round pick.

But he's also everywhere he needs to be ALL THE TIME.  His film was too good to pass up in the 6th.

We'll get him with our Nutritionists and put good weight on him so he can hold up to the grind. But we got another gamer at DB.

Noah Elliss

Son of former All Pro Luther Elliss. He had some issues and ended up at Idaho.  He's a Behemoth at 367 and with agility and burst. That same nutritionist will have their work cut out for them to see if we can't help this young man manage his weight to what is best for him. We are excited to be able to get a Vita Vea light (shot in the dark) for a 7th round pick. He's untapped and has talent.  Our DT depth is back up to standard with these two late round pieces.

Jack Sanborn

This guy is milquetoast. He's not flashy or special at anyone thing other than being a solid football player. He's a 3 year starter at Wisconsin.. He's tough as nails and will drastically help our LB depth and special teams. Think of an updated younger quicker better David Mayo...

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 4

Alright a recap of the Houston Texans draft.

1-3      Travon Walker, ED, Georgia (RAS 9.99)

1-13    Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia (RAS 10.0)

2-37    Tyler Smith, OL, Tulsa (RAS 8.76)

3-68    Quay Walker, LB, Georgia (RAS 9.62)

3-80    Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati

4-107  Marcus Jones, DB/returner, Houston

4-119  Cam Taylor-Britt, DB, Nebraska (RAS 8.29)

5-172  Taylor Badie, RB, Missouri (RAS 6.35)

6-183  Daniel Bellinger, TE, San Diego State (RAS 9.66)

6-187  Cam Jurgens, C, Nebraska (RAS 9.94)

6-215  Tariq Castro-Fields, CB, Penn State (RAS 9.74)

7-245  D'Eriq King, QB/WR, Miami

7-254  Dare Rosenthal, OL, Kentucky

7-255  Zakoby McClain, LB, Auburn (RAS 4.33)

7-260  Dai'Jean Dixon, WR, Nicholls State (RAS 5.86)

Obviously, the Texans needed help everywhere so this draft provides them a lot of bodies and hopefully good ones at that.  For this one, I was really focused on drafting high upside players that had already performed well against good competition, so more swinging for the fences in stead of going for doubles.  My rationale was that due to the high number of picks, I wanted to intermix players all along the spectrum of development, because the worst case for me was all of them coming up for a new contract at the same time.

I also went in knowing I had no intention of replacing Davis Mills at QB this year.  I've seen it discussed that Davis Mills may have been the first QB drafted if he had come out with this class and he showed enough to get a harder look. playing well down the stretch for a horrible team.  I would have liked to have made a few minor trades in the 1st round to drop a little and pick up even more ammo next year to prepare for chasing the top QB if Mills fails to develop, but as you all saw, there was no movement in our first round.

All in all, I think I found enough talent all over the field, but the most striking areas I would like to have done better were WR and RB.  It seemed like everytime I was on the clock, the WRs I had wanted there were gone and the ones up next were hovering around my next pick, and I found better players to take instead.  So I was much more BPA and time and again, it kept me from grabbing WRs and similarly a better RB.  I also noticed that CB was very deep in my view, so I would likely nave held off perhaps on some DBs to draft a WR or RB sooner.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1