Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy 4th of July...

Renegade7

I know a lot going on and many folks stayed inside, but wanted to wish yall a happy holiday anyway.

We could all use a break, and maybe one day we do get this American experiment right.  I'll say I'm more optimistic now then I was a couple months ago.

Jus got back from joyriding on the Interstate seeing fireworks in every direction, smokey on the way back.  Not suprised there was barely anyone on the roof of Union Station (which is only way to get that spot for fireworks), kept masks on and put bae on roof of the Jeep in middle of the lot and saw Mall finale from there. If you give me **** for that, that's your call, but not what this thread is for (plenty of other ones for that).

So stay safe, keep your head up, everythang gonna be alright. Make sure you vote in November, this holiday is supposed to be a reminder of that.

Btw, Hamilton in Disney+, highly recommend it.

Happy 4th!  I'd tell you to go outside and look at the lunar eclipse, but apparently because it's in the penumbral shadow it's hardly visible to the naked eye, and only really visible once 70% of the moon is covered by the earth's shadow.

Hope you all celebrated safely and got as drunk as i did :P  Also, @Renegade7 i can confirm, Hamilton is great. My sister is a broadway nerd, so much that she delayed her and her fiancés return to NY by a week so they could stay at my parents place to have a viewing party Friday night. I hadn’t seen it until this weekend, but I liked it (even with not even knowing **** about the history behind it). 

What was there to be so happy about?

Yesterday I was walking my dog and of course there was American flags all over the place.  One spot had a whole bunch of those small flags on sticks put in the ground.  One had fallen over and the flag was laying on the ground.  For probably the first time in my life seeing an American flag on the ground, I did not go fix it.  Instead, I stopped, looked at it for a moment, and said “Yea, seems about right.”  Then just kept walking.

Anyways, just wanted to vent.  Back to my hole.

I always hate getting those small American flags because I don't know what to do with them.  Yeah, I saved a couple to place around my condo seasonally, but I don't need another one and its going to get tossed.

(Also fun fact, whenever you see an American flag that's labeled as 'Not for sale in Minnesota,' its because it was not made in the US.  Minnesota has a law stating that American flags must be manufactured in the US).

Archived