Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Schedule Leaks/Prediction Thread

redrobert

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

After the Zorn disaster, we brought in high-powered Shanahan, and proceeded to go 6-10 and 5-11 the next two seasons. That was pathetic, perhaps the most disappointing seasons of the Snyder era to me.

However, Shanahan, for all of his faults, was saddled with Bruce Allen...

Understand the reasons for being elated by the fact that no prime time games are on this season's schedule, on the other side of the coin is that a lot of people who are Redskins fans live in various parts of the country and don't have access to every 1:00 start on like a WTTG Fox 5, or WBFF  Fox 45, so for the extended fan base, it really isn't that good , they can't " stick a coat hanger " in the TV set and watch the Redskins play, but there is that thread on here with links to local telecasts, which is awesome for them 

23 minutes ago, c slag said:

Understand the reasons for being elated by the fact that no prime time games are on this season's schedule, on the other side of the coin is that a lot of people who are Redskins fans live in various parts of the country and don't have access to every 1:00 start on like a WTTG Fox 5, or WBFF  Fox 45, so for the extended fan base, it really isn't that good , they can't " stick a coat hanger " in the TV set and watch the Redskins play, but there is that thread on here with links to local telecasts, which is awesome for them 

I truly wonder what percentage of NFL fans have cut the cable. It probably coincides with what percentage of NFL fans are younger than middle age. Then again, these TV broadcasting deals for advertising are still raking in billions and only rising, so a significant portion of the NFL fanbase must still have cable. Hell a lot of their highly rated afternoon and night games and such probably carry a ton of viewers from what we'd describe as "casual" fans. Because hardcore fans know how to find their team's games no matter what, and don't just watch whatever happens to be on in their area. 

I mean I'm 30 and haven't had cable in about 12 years, never got it when I went away for college and never looked back, to this day. Even before it was so easy to cut the cord and find games online. But in all those years I've never missed a game or been unable to find it online. True in 2008 the quality wasn't what it is now, for streams. But for most people that was true on TV too.

Archived