Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Schedule Leaks/Prediction Thread

redrobert

27 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Used to be the pattern was we'd play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving roughly every 6 years. Now its every other year.  I know it gives us another reason to be interested in the Turkey Day games, but its seriously getting dumb. 

What happened is the last time we played Dallas on Thanksgiving the game set viewing records. We got the giants the next year and then had last year off. My guess is we will be on thanksgiving a lot more.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Wow no MNF games at all. Thank God.

Agreed, I don't like night games.  Never mind that we are 0-67 on mnf, I just hate waiting for the game.  I also don't like playing on Thanksgiving, my wife's family does not understand that I want to watch the game.  

If it was up to me, Sunday at 1 all 16 games.

I like this schedule overall.  I like that our bye is in the middle of the year with a division game following it.  I like how we have our 3 toughest games in a row, later on in the year.  Hopefully we can build some momentum leading up to it.  

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

ZERO stupid o clock games. A few lateish games finishing around 1-1:30am but I'm a night owl so I'm cool with that.

This is brilliant news. Best possible Redskins schedule for us UK based fans.

Really happy with that.

4 minutes ago, redrobert said:

3 game road stretch of Cowboys-Steelers-49ers! Yikes! Gonna learn quite a bit about where we are...

Brutal, but better later in the year than early.  Hopefully our record is decent heading in.  It just sucks we are traveling out to the west coast, on the 3rd round of that road trip, to face TW.  I really want to win that game.    

12 minutes ago, just654 said:

What happened is the last time we played Dallas on Thanksgiving the game set viewing records. We got the giants the next year and then had last year off. My guess is we will be on thanksgiving a lot more.

You have it mixed up. 

2012: @ Dallas thanksgiving 

2016: @ Dallas thanksgiving 

Then Vs Giants in 2017 thanksgiving night

THEN we played in Dallas again. 

You said we faced the giants then had last year off, but you missed 2018. 

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Brutal, but better later in the year than early.  Hopefully our record is decent heading in.  It just sucks we are traveling out to the west coast, on the 3rd round of that road trip, to face TW.  I really want to win that game.    

TW will be out injured for that game. So no worries!

1st game of the year against the eagles.  i hope this game has some bulletin board material.  Last year, the skins were up big and ended up losing it.  Djax said he knew the skins were gonna be comfortable with a big ass lead and their adjustments would overcome our defense.  this year, i hope it's the same 1st half with the skins dominating, and the second half, both RR and JDR shows the NFL and the skins fans that they know how to really adjust defensively.

Why is it that the cowboys ALWAYS get a Thursday night game following their thanksgiving game? It seems like, at least over the past few seasons, that’s been the case. It doesn’t bother me, just wondering why that is. 

Happened in 2019 (facing bills on thanksgiving, then bears 7 days later), 2018 (us on thanksgiving and saints 7 days later) and 2017 (chargers on thanksgiving and us 7 days later), AND 2016 (us on thanksgiving and Vikings 7 days later)

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not even a Sunday night or a Thursday night game ?

Do you blame the NFL? I mean, we SUCK on prime time 😂 I’m willing to bet the tv networks said “**** no!!!” To possible redskins primetime games when the schedule was being created 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Do you blame the NFL? I mean, we SUCK on prime time 😂 I’m willing to bet the tv networks said “**** no!!!” To possible redskins primetime games when the schedule was being created 

When your record is 3-13, you're likely to not have a good record on any primetime games...yet even the most crappy teams get a Sunday or Thursday night game.

Archived