Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WCAX: Alabama bill would force men to get vasectomy at 50

China

Alabama bill would force men to get vasectomy at 50

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - An Alabama state representative has proposed a bill that would require a man to undergo a vasectomy at age 50 or after he has fathered a specific number of children.

HB 238, filed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis (D-Birmingham), would require a man to undergo a vasectomy after the birth of his third biological child or within one month of his 50th birthday. The bill also says the procedure would be done at the man’s own expense.

“Under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men,” the bill states.

The bill was introduced to the House on Thursday and referred to the House judiciary committee.

Click on the link for the full article

Really not a fan of Legislation For Show.  Particulary this kind - the intentionally bad just to be bad.  

And I agree that, while I might be sympathetic to calling attention to the deluge of anti-abortion legislation being pushed, this proposal really isn;t a good analogy, either.  So it's a bad law, and a bad analogy.  

Which then got me thinking, if I wanted to try to make it a better analogy, (I don't), what would I do?  

So, Attorney for Mr. Satan, here, with a proposal.  

Mandatory colonoscopy to get or renew a concealed weapons permit.  

It's a better analogy than this proposal.  (Not necessarily a good analogy.  But better than this one.)  And I can at least attempt to paint it as being comparable.  

Both would be attempts to prevent people from exercising a right, simply by making them go through a completely useless but intensely humiliating experience, as a condition for exercising that right.  Something which at least some Dems (I'm not one of them) would like to outlaw, but they can't, so they'll settle for throwing up obstacles in the path.

5 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Better proposal: mandatory vasectomy at 16, option to get it reversed at 30 or at such time when you are married and not living with your parents. Then vasectomy again at 40. 

Snip snap snip snap. 

it's 2020; marriage is no longer a requirement to raise a family.

Archived