Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSsports.com: Redskins' Terry McLaurin makes bold prediction on Chase Young that involves the Bosa brothers

TK

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-terry-mclaurin-makes-bold-prediction-on-chase-young-that-involves-the-bosa-brothers/

Redskins' Terry McLaurin makes bold prediction on Chase Young that involves the Bosa brothers

McLaurin is hyping up Chase Young as the next star defensive end

Ohio State's Chase Young is projected to be the top defensive player selected in the NFL Draft, an impact edge rusher from a program with a history of sending impact edge rusher to the NFL. Look no further than Joey Bosa and Nick Bosa.

Both the Bosa brothers were top five picks in the draft (Joey in 2016, Nick in 2019) and have already made their impact on the NFL level. Joey Bosa has three double-digit sack seasons in four years, making the Pro Bowl twice and tallying 40 sacks in 51 games. Nick Bosa was the Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year in his first season, collecting nine sacks while helping the 49ers defensive line become one of the best in the NFL. 

While all the hype surrounding Young is justified (with 16.5 sacks in his final season at Ohio State), Washington Redskins wide receiver Terry McLaurin believes Young has the potential to be better than the Bosa brothers. It doesn't hurt Washington has the No. 2 overall pick and a strong likelihood of landing Young (assuming the Cincinnati Bengals draft LSU quarterback Joe Burrow No. 1 overall). 

"I've seen them all," McLaurin said, via the Redskins website. "In college, I felt like Chase was the most productive of the three, and he has a chance to possibly be the best. That doesn't take anything away from (Joey and Nick). That just tells you how good he can be."

Young led the nation in sacks on his way to earning the Chuck Bednarik Award as the nation's top defensive player and the Bronco Nagurski Award as the nation's top defensive end, the first Ohio State defensive player to earn those honors. He was just the ninth defensive player to be a Heisman Trophy finalist. 

If Washington drafts Young, he has an opportunity to make an instant impact on a defensive line that already features Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne and Matt Ioannidis as starters on the defensive line. Four-time Pro Bowler Ryan Kerrigan, who will be a free agent, has made a major impact on the Redskins defensive line in the past. 

The Redskins finished 10th in the NFL with 46 sacks in 2019, and with a dominant pass rush becoming more important in today's NFL, adding Young would be a huge boost toward the Redskins getting out of the cellar of the NFC East and rebuilding their franchise. 

McLaurin is already excited for the possibility of his former college teammate joins him in Washington. The Redskins should be just as excited. 

25 minutes ago, Mooka said:

He has a chance to be better.... how is that a bold prediction? 

Sounds like a consensus fact to me.

I think it's bold for a teammate to make a comparison like that when the guy he's saying could be the best of the three isn't even on his NFL team.  These guys are hyper competitive, so saying that really is a huge deal.  Especially since they play defense and he plays offense, so when we play the 49ers and Chargers there can be a chip on their shoulders.

If Young is the Sean Taylor of linebackers, that's great, I still wouldn't want to get hit by #2 or #3 at the position.

50 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, Kerrigan isn't a free agent this year. He's a UFA in 2021. 

That's what I was thinking, too.

This article is rather dull, to be honest. I could write a better one lol...then again, I'm guessing it's meant to be filler to give the fans something to possibly get hyped about between now and the start of free agency, so saying fan-favorite McLaurin expects huge production from fan-hopeful Chase Young basically writes itself.

Archived