Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Miscellaneous Humor Thread---vids/gifs/pics/jokes---no articles, no "owned" stuff

Jumbo

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

image.png.2eddfb9e0bba77cf67e7cb75a2699d3d.png

I think my favorite thing about the Venn diagram meme trend is discovering how many people don't understand how they're supposed to be set up.

Edit: And yes, I'm an old man yelling at a cloud. 

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I think my favorite thing about the Venn diagram meme trend is discovering how many people don't understand how they're supposed to be set up.

Edit: And yes, I'm an old man yelling at a cloud. 

I'd ask you to explain, but I'm not that interested, because it made me laugh.

• Haha 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I'd ask you to explain, but I'm not that interested, because it made me laugh.

Oh it made me laugh too, I get the joke. (I even left you a cute little laugh reaction so you'd know.)

It was just an off-hand comment. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would like the explanation.

"Tremors" is not something Beetlejuice, Dune, and Fear and Loathing have in common.

The characteristics (like "sand worms") should each be labels on the circles. Each movie title should be where it fits. (So for example, Beetlejuice would be in the intersection between "sand worms" and "charisma". Tremors would still be in the center.)

What should be in each of the big circles is a movie that fits just one category exactly. Like "Catch me if you Can" could go in the circle for charismatic main character. 

Edit: Catch me if you Can probably isn't a perfect fit for "overcharistmatic", but that's the closest example I could come up with before kids come back into my classroom momentarily. 

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

"Tremors" is not something Beetlejuice, Dune, and Fear and Loathing have in common.

Oh, I think it is and it's the main joke in that Venn diagram.

For Beetlejuice and Dune, it refers to snake-like monsters that dig in the ground, similar to the monsters from the classic Kevin Bacon move of the same name.  

Dune, I assume you know what it refers to. Tremors and Beetlejuice:

Every Sci-Fi Movie That Copied Dune's Sandworms (& Why)

I think the guy in the middle may be related to Dune, but I've never seen the movie.

However, for Fear and Loathing, Johnny Depp's character has body tremors throughout the movie as a symptom of the drugs and alcohol he's abusing and/or withdrawal from the drugs and alcohol. So it's sort of a pun. 

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

39 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Oh, I think it is and it's the main joke in that Venn diagram.

For Beetlejuice and Dune, it refers to snake-like monsters that dig in the ground, similar to the monsters from the classic Kevin Bacon move of the same name.  

Dune, I assume you know what it refers to. Tremors and Beetlejuice:

Every Sci-Fi Movie That Copied Dune's Sandworms (& Why)

I think the guy in the middle may be related to Dune, but I've never seen the movie.

However, for Fear and Loathing, Johnny Depp's character has body tremors throughout the movie as a symptom of the drugs and alcohol he's abusing and/or withdrawal from the drugs and alcohol. So it's sort of a pun. 

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk. 

I understand what the movies have in common, that's not the issue. 

6 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I understand what the movies have in common, that's not the issue. 

I'm so confused.  😕

21 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'm so confused.  😕

I don't want to keep filling the humor thread with unfunny stuff. 

What I *will* do is go hunting tonight for more Venn diagram memes to illustrate my point so we can be laughing at the same time. 

5 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

The characteristics (like "sand worms") should each be labels on the circles. Each movie title should be where it fits. (So for example, Beetlejuice would be in the intersection between "sand worms" and "charisma". Tremors would still be in the center.)

What should be in each of the big circles is a movie that fits just one category exactly. Like "Catch me if you Can" could go in the circle for charismatic main character. 

Edit: Catch me if you Can probably isn't a perfect fit for "overcharistmatic", but that's the closest example I could come up with before kids come back into my classroom momentarily. 

I had exactly this reaction to seeing the image and I’m glad someone else took the time to write it out.