Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Look Back at where the current fiasco began

Riggo-toni

@Riggo-toni This is a link I could not open. But you got me thinking about something I read awhile back after what you wrote about the Lobsterman.  

1. Comments on: Bruce Allen: Control over personnel will be mine

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/30/bruce...

Bruce Allen is a cap expert. He has never had control over personnel decisions. In Tampa, he was Gruden's cap guy. In DC, he was Shanny's cap guy.

When people credit Bruce with the personnel decisions here in D.C. I find it interesting because in Tampa he never made the decisions, Jon Gruden did and was happy to say he did.  I think Bruce is a putz who is willing to be the front man to a lot of Dan's behind the scenes personnel decisions.  I think he did get Dan to stop throwing cash at aging FA's for the most part, although the Alex Smith big money contract, was always a head scratcher for me. Probably Dan's bright idea.  

Anyway I just think past actions have a great deal to do with predicting future ones.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:04 PM, bakedtater1 said:

When Daniel Snyder bought the team.

Bingo, bango bongo. I remember they had a good thing in the works that first Snyder year and I think Lavar Arrington  coming from Penn State who looked like the next Lawrence Taylor. Then at the last minute Snyder (who else) has to bring in Neon Deion, which made absolutely no sense and ruined the chemistry of the team, just for star quality and Snyder's ego. I think the Cooke family wanted to continue ownership but somehow Snyder won out and the kiss of death on a proud franchise was firmly planted.

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

Go watch the movie " Dude, Where's My Car ".

If you don't get it after, then I can't help you...

That's what I figured you were referring to..never could bring my self to watch that movie..not now not then not now not ever lol

22 hours ago, Smurf3 said:

Then at the last minute Snyder (who else) has to bring in Neon Deion, which made absolutely no sense and ruined the chemistry of the team, just for star quality and Snyder's ego. 

For sure Dan overpaid for Prime Time, but Deion was not the reason the 2000 Skins flopped. It can be boiled down to two key early injuries: Michael Westbrook and Brett Conway.

14 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Papa Snyder didn't know about Trojans?

If you really want to go back that far I'm on board 

He made his money in ways that absolutely did not benefit society at all so I could make a genuine case that the entire universe would be better off if he never existed 

23 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And don't forget that the NFL owners all approved of this, obviously in way way over his head, imbecile.

The original highest bidder was a group headed by Howard Milstein. He was universally disliked and his bid was rejected. The owners agreed on Snyder who was a minority owner in the Milstein bid to put together his own bid. Basically, he partnered with someone slightly more vile and he looked not so bad on his own. 😅

Archived