Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Raw Video of Intoxicated Jay Gruden Leaks

Boss_Hogg

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

totally disagree with you. But this is one. There may be like 3-4 more people who see it the way you do. Granted, there is the chance you're correct here. I have my odd takes, too, like Alex Smith was a very good QB for us and I often get laughed at for that. So to each their own. 

Like I asked someone else, who is the person who leaked it? Bruce burner account, a random third party who is down with the cause of smearing Gruden, or some Skins fan who had the video and thought it would be funny to post on twitter? To me, one of them stands heads and shoulders above the other two as the most likely.

And why would Bruce and Dan want to tag players when releasing the video? Did they actually want to get guys like Guice all involved in this by tagging him? Beat writers, yeah, that might make sense, but players, too? And "they wanted to make sure players saw it" doesn't make any sense, either. Players were gonna find out just like all of us found out without needing to be tagged, and if it ever did come out that Bruce and Dan were behind it, can you imagine the fallout that would occur from tagging players on the video as well? Snyder could actually be forced by the league to sell the team. I don't know if anyone has grasped the insanely serious consequences of leaking a video in this manner.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Like I asked someone else, who is the person who leaked it? Bruce burner account, a random third party who is down with the cause of smearing Gruden, or some Skins fan who had the video and thought it would be funny to post on twitter? To me, one of them stands heads and shoulders above the other two as the most likely.

And why would Bruce and Dan want to tag players when releasing the video? Did they actually want to get guys like Guice all involved in this by tagging him? Beat writers, yeah, that might make sense, but players, too? And "they wanted to make sure players saw it" doesn't make any sense, either. Players were gonna find out just like all of us found out without needing to be tagged, and if it ever did come out that Bruce and Dan were behind it, can you imagine the fallout that would occur from tagging players on the video as well? Snyder could actually be forced by the league to sell the team. I don't know if anyone has grasped the insanely serious consequences of leaking a video in this manner.

So, in my head, it would have went down like this:

-FO has the video, passes it to someone to post on social media.

-Person posts it, but tags players for some unknown reason

-FO rolls their eyes because they gave it to someone who obviously is a boob, but it's not under their burner accounts so it can't ever be linked back to them.

-FO uses it as leverage to not pay Gruden.

I think we're going to see how it plays out moving forward based on if Gruden gets the remainder of his contract or if the team fights him on it. 

I am fully open to the idea that you're right. But given the team's history, I'm not favoring that.

47 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Idaho fan in another thread just reported the following:

"Kevin on 980 just referred to a report by Russini that the FO have been sitting on the Gruden drunk video for 3 years and just released this week before this firing.  Is there a more sleezy group of individuals?"

I was about to say I bet they have plenty of videos of players/coaches and they can leak this stuff when the time is right. This is truly becoming the Redskins way.

I don't know why some people are struggling to believe the FO would leak this. What would the repercussions be if it was indeed discovered that the FO was behind this? I'm no lawyer, but what crime was committed? Of course, this would reflect terribly, but this organization is already disgusting enough looking. Dan doesn't care.

3 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I don't know why some people are struggling to believe the FO would leak this. What would the repercussions be if it was indeed discovered that the FO was behind this? I'm no lawyer, but what crime was committed? 

Yeah, I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to act as if Dan or Bruce could face any type of repercussions from the league or the law as a result of the video finding its way to twitter. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, I'd say it's a bit of a stretch to act as if Dan or Bruce could face any type of repercussions from the league or the law as a result of the video finding its way to twitter. 

Right, it'd be one thing if this was a sex tape, but the fact of the matter is that it really isn't incriminating in any way. Jay was drunk, so what.

This was likely taped years ago during an off-season, but the fact that it was released before the Pats game right after we were quoted as having no QB plan, was played perfectly... in the front office's low, dirty, ****ty way. 

First text I saw this morning was a former colleague asking "WTF is up with Washington?" 

Me: So you've seen the video of the coach? 

Him: He's not the coach anymore. ESPN radio on the way to the gym. 

Me: My day is starting off well. 

Him: Glad to hear that. 

I told him about the FO leaking the video & he responded with a bunch of :ols:.

Archived