Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

2 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

7 beers at Capital One Arena???  That's an expensive buzz.  You must be walking around with no shirt right now and a tin cup in your hand begging for food and rent money.

If you ever get tickets to the front two rows from a friend, 7 beers is free :)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

If you ever get tickets to the front two rows from a friend, 7 beers is free :)

Feels weird to say anything in a pro sports arena is free (the booze and food for VIP seats is surely covered in the $300 - $400 a person/company paid for the ticket), but yes I have been in the Etihad Lounge before and I too have gone a little too far with the "free" beer there.

6 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

Feels weird to say anything in a pro sports arena is free (the booze and food for VIP seats is surely covered in the $300 - $400 a person/company paid for the ticket), but yes I have been in the Etihad Lounge before and I too have gone a little too far with the "free" beer there.

Did you see Pat Sajak there?  I saw him at the bar the first time I went.

On 2/15/2024 at 6:37 PM, PokerPacker said:

Did you see Pat Sajak there?  I saw him at the bar the first time I went.

Nice.  I've seen Pat Sajak over the years on the concourse, seems like a good guy.

Other celebs I've seen at Caps games are Lynda Carter, John Kerry, Dan Quayle, Chris Cooley, and Michael Jordan.  But the best was Bill Clinton, sitting in Abe Pollin's luxury box during the '98 Cup Finals run.  A fan stuck his head over the glass of the suite and yelled at Bill for a good 5 seconds about Monica Lewinsky, before walking away.  He was no more than 10 feet from Clinton, and nobody did anything.  I'm guessing in today's world he would've been tackled by secret service before he even got a word out.

1 hour ago, capcrunch98 said:

Nice.  I've seen Pat Sajak over the years on the concourse, seems like a good guy.

Other celebs I've seen at Caps games are Lynda Carter, John Kerry, Dan Quayle, Chris Cooley, and Michael Jordan.  But the best was Bill Clinton, sitting in Abe Pollin's luxury box during the '98 Cup Finals run.  A fan stuck his head over the glass of the suite and yelled at Bill for a good 5 seconds about Monica Lewinsky, before walking away.  He was no more than 10 feet from Clinton, and nobody did anything.  I'm guessing in today's world he would've been tackled by secret service before he even got a word out.

I almost played hockey against John Kerry, but his team (The Lobbyists and Lawmakers team) backed out.

20 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

The Wilson high-sticking call was weak, given Newhook pushed the stick up into his own face.  Not to mention the Carlson penalty that lead to the Canadiens' 3rd goal was a phantom slash.

Im not sure they got a single call right last night? The high stick they called, then huddled up and decided it didn't happen. But it did. lol Just a poor night for the zebras start to finish. Im a firm believer, if they're going to waste time huddling up to decide something, they should just go to the monitor and see what really happened. 

• Like 1

As I was watching the Stadium Series games this weekend, I realized another one of the many downsides to our inevitable slide into irrelevance over the next couple seasons is a lower chance of getting to play in one of these.

In the interest of ratings, the league usually doesn't like to include bottom-feeders in these marquee events.

Ovi getting close to the record would probably be the only reason we would be considered.

The exception to this is the Blackhawks, who get to play in one of these every other year.

Great game, but we better be careful.  A few more wins like this and GMBM will be putting a package together of Ryan Leonard, Miroshnichenko, and a couple 1st rounders for some 2 month UFA rental in the hopes of locking down the last wildcard spot! 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

Great game, but we better be careful.  A few more wins like this and GMBM will be putting a package together of Ryan Leonard, Miroshnichenko, and a couple 1st rounders for some 2 month UFA rental in the hopes of locking down the last wildcard spot! 

michael-clarke-duncan-dont-you-put-that-

• Haha 3