Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

September 12, 2019

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster move:

The Redskins signed the following player to their practice squad:

TE Donald Parham Jr.  

total dysfunction of this front office.  they shouldn't have gotten smallwood.  he was a non factor.  they need to stop getting players from a team that they will play next.  they've done that several times and it just doesn't work.  if this team wanted a player from that team that they will play, use his skills, not knowledge of their playbook.  should have kept hotlz and put guice on ir.  at least keep holts for a few weeks. 

I mean if we're going to go with Parham, we're probably more likely to succeed by continuing a similar (but more athletic) project in Rico Gathers. The Browns only kept him for a couple weeks, but they have a couple TE's they like and are heavily invested in. Gathers lasted 2-3 seasons with the Cowboys, who cut him for Witten's return in their win now window...remember, the Cowboys couldn't unlock Martellus Bennett's potential when he was on the bench behind Witten either. 

They are both probably zero's, to be honest. But at least Gathers has a couple years of NFL coaching and conditioning and has flashed in training camps. He may be closer to an "aha!" moment. 

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Wait what, people are upset about losing Holtz? 

He went undrafted  in '16 and signed with the Browns.  Meanwhile Guice is out so another RB i.e. Smallwood looks to make a lot more sense.

This stuff happens all the time....

It's true. I know some have a real hard-on for Holtz. Not entirely sure why, though there's certainly worse players out there. But he was a street free agent during the pre-season last year. Meaning not one team in the league felt he was worth a 90 man roster slot till the Redskins brought him on. They cut him and no one cared. Didn't even go direct to the practice squad. Any team could have snagged him. No one did. The team cut him again this year. No one snagged him. It was only when they promoted him again and he got cut again that another team claimed him. But it'll be like Simmie Cobb or Maurice Harris or Kyle Kalis or Kevin Hogan or the list goes on. It'll mean little in the end. And who knows, Holtz might get cut in a week or two.

Also, it's clear Smallwood was sought after by many teams, he's not just a sign an Eagle move.

6 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Wait what, people are upset about losing Holtz? 

He went undrafted  in '16 and signed with the Browns.  Meanwhile Guice is out so another RB i.e. Smallwood looks to make a lot more sense.

This stuff happens all the time....

While I agree on your assessment about Holtz, Smallwood is in no way a back up to Guice. He's a substitute to Chris Thompson. So we're still thin if something ever happens to AP.

Archived