Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

20th anniversary of 9/11/01 on Saturday- Your memories.

88Comrade2000

Yeah I was actually asleep until about 3 pm or so until being awoken by my sister calling .. I was several months removed from graduating college and had still not found any decent work and had moved back in with my parents ... just a really crummy time made 10x worse..... Hobestly there were things that went on (like flight 93 and the people trapped in the tower) that I just did not want hear about, and only sought out the details until years later. 

On 9/12/2021 at 4:11 PM, China said:

'Yes, I had one scotch': Giuliani says he was NOT drunk during rambling September 11th speech at Cipriani, isn't an alcoholic and denies mocking the Queen: Claims he is the victim of a left-wing smear

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani is furiously denying accusations he was drunk during a speech at Cipriani the evening of September 11th where he imitated the Queen – saying he only had one Scotch and that he is the victim of a left-wing effort to disparage him.

‘Yes I had a Scotch. But I was not drunk. There is a deliberate attempt [by] the left wing to paint me that way,’ he told DailyMail.com in an interview Sunday evening.

He also denied mocking the Queen when he made comments, captured on video, where he adopted a faux English accent and said: ‘You did a wonderful job on Sept. 11. And therefore I’m making you an honorary knight, commander of the royal something or other.'

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

I'm laughing really hard at the thought of Queen Elizabeth uttering the words, "I hereby dub thee Rudy Giuliani, knight of the British Empire, commander of the royal something or another."

Also here's an obligatory reminder of that time Sir Rudy reached for his sword.

Borat 2: Rudy Giuliani Wasn't Tucking in His Shirt, Says Dan Mazer |  IndieWire

Edited by balki1867

• 11 months later...

Now it has come of age...21 years.

The U.S. marks the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks

Americans remembered 9/11 on Sunday with readings of victims' names, volunteer work and other tributes 21 years after the deadliest terror attack on U.S. soil.

A tolling bell and a moment of silence began the commemoration at ground zero in New York, where the World Trade Center's twin towers were destroyed by the hijacked-plane attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Victims' relatives and dignitaries also convened at the two other attack sites, the Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvania.

Click on the link for the full article

Today marks the last day that people who weren't even born on 9/11 are old enough to drink.  I still remember the first Sailor who came to work for me hadn't been alive on 9/11.  That concept hadn't even crossed my mind until then.

Anyways, today always makes me anxious.  Gonna need some weed and football to get through the day.

Edited by The Almighty Buzz
Missing word

1 hour ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Today marks the day that people who weren't even born on 9/11 are old enough to drink.  I still remember the first Sailor who came to work for me hadn't been alive on 9/11.  That concept hadn't even crossed my mind until then.

Anyways, today always makes me anxious.  Gonna need some weed and football to get through the day.

That will be tomorrow.

It's crazy that 9/11 is 21 years old.  It happened just weeks short of my 21st birthday so it's nuts to think more than half my life has been in a "post-9/11" world. 

What's crazier is how much the US has changed in the past 21 years-- we were crushing it at every level in the 90s- race relations, world peace, government debt, economic growth.  It was not a perfect time, but even for the problems that existed, we all just assumed we were coasting on a path to solve them.