Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

So, a couple of calls went against New England, so there's just going to start making up stuff to call on KC. 

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

they had to use a challenge on a clear fumble that would be a a TD

I'm aware. 

But they were then out of challenges because of the ill-advised challenge of a spot earlier. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, a couple of calls went against New England, so there's just going to start making up stuff to call on KC. 

I'm aware. 

But they were then out of challenges because of the ill-advised challenge of a spot earlier. 

I've always had that issue with coaches challenges. So many coaches challenge just to prove to the officials they were wrong. They want those 4 yards they should have gotten on the call. In this case, it was a first down, but even if they could over rule it, it's 4th and inches. It's a high risk challenge there that even if you win may not pay off. It just didn't make sense and they have a whole quarter left without challenges in an important game. 

On 12/1/2019 at 10:32 PM, Destino said:

They aren’t even the most disrespected top QBs.  Mahomes and Watson went 10 and 12, that’s higher than these:

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round back in 2000.

Drew Brees 2001 32nd overall.
Aaron Rodgers drafted 24th overall in 2005.  Our good friend Alex Smith was drafted #1.

Russel Wilson 2012 75th pick.  Redskins traded a million draft picks for RG3 that year.   

Scouting QBs is apparently about as reliable as palm reading.

we even drafted our closer friend, Jason Campbell, above Rodgers. LOL

Also, that challenge cost NE a chance at this game. If they had a challenge and got that TD, they can kick a FG there. Granted, Maholmes could still go down and score to win, but with a challenge, the game is most likely tied. I feel like it's been a long time since we've seen Belichick make a mistake like this. 

Archived