Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

On 8/20/2019 at 2:24 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

My guess is it could be more psychological than physical.

Often there's a psychological hurdle to cross, when recovering from an injury like that, because of a subconscious timidity about taking hard hits.

If he takes a few carries, exerts himself fully, and takes some hard hits, and walks away from that unscathed, it could give him the inner confidence he needs

to face a regular season game with full steam. If anyone questions the validity of this, Chris Thompson went through a similar psychological hurdle previously.

You were right!

21 hours ago, redskinss said:

We'd probably be better off with him running behind them too.

Maybe we can  revolutionize the two way players in the nfl.

Yea, that's part of the reason I joked about Settle playing on OL earlier.

At least he's an alternate on DL, and wouldn't get over-worked on both sides of the ball.

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Says they’re looking at every position group because there’s always something to look at, including practice squad.

Says they haven’t really looked yet

That was a confusing tweet about a Gruden quote.

First, says they're looking at every position group.

Then says the opposite - that they have not looked yet - but that part does not indicate what they have not looked at ?

Anybody catch the locker room interview of Donald Penn on Training Camp Daily today? 

He is becoming one of my favorites.  Essentially said he was working hard on #90 (Sweat) trying to make him better.  Said he's been holding the $#%@ out of him and Sweat has arms that are so long he can scratch his kneecaps.  LMAO  Said the kid reminds of a young Julius Peppers but he's gotta keep working hard.

Really good video snip if anybody can find it!

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Do the starters even practice the week of the 4th preseason game anyway? I just assumed they don’t, since it’s the backups and their backups that need to know the game plan instead. 

I recall hearing in the past that the starters are getting ready for the first game of the season during the 4th week. 

I had to leave and miss the rest of the game, right after we scored the TD to Sims.

I was going to ask someone if I missed anything. But looking at the scoreboard, the final score would seem to indicate that I didn't miss anything real good.

Other than not scoring again, would anyone mind filling me in on any highlights or lowlights or injuries, that I missed out on ?

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I had to leave and miss the rest of the game, right after we scored the TD to Sims.

I was going to ask someone if I missed anything. But looking at the scoreboard, the final score would seem to indicate that I didn't miss anything real good.

Other than not scoring again, would anyone mind filling me in on any highlights or lowlights or injuries, that I missed out on ?

Haskins had 3-4 dropped passes but best game yet, Apke still looks lost, might of found a gem in Jo Jo Wicker, Cam Sims had a bad night, McKinzy (sp) out with concussion, #4 QB threw a couple interceptions on short field (difference in the score), Oline was a sieve, Baltimore blitzed all night, ST continues to struggle except Sims Jr. but maybe with some consistency they'll get better, Way takes forever to punt balls I'm sure something Harbaugh studied before the game.

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Haskins had 3-4 dropped passes but best game yet, Apke still looks lost, might of found a gem in Jo Jo Wicker, Cam Sims had a bad night, McKinzy (sp) out with concussion, #4 QB threw a couple interceptions on short field (difference in the score), Oline was a sieve, Baltimore blitzed all night, ST continues to struggle but maybe with some consistency they'll get better, Way takes forever to punt balls I'm sure something Harbaugh studied before the game.

Thanks so much. A lot of stuff there, I could not have known by looking at stats.

Apke might not excel on defense, but he does seem to be baller on ST. That could be the only thing saving him right now...that, and the competition at backup safety is kind of weak.

Hadn't noticed Way's time in handling the ball, as I only noticed he's gotten at least 3 muffs from the returner in the last 2 games alone. Maybe he's using the extra time to punt, for that reason and advantage, to put some sick spin on the ball, that makes it hard for the returner to catch.

17 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We did it, folks !!!

We survived an entire preseason with NO major injuries !

When was the last time we went through 4 preseason games, with NOONE going to IR !

I assume Reed is ok based on your post. Thanks.

Archived