Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

April 8, 2019

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va.  The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following free agents:

LB Andrew Ankrah

G Salesi Uhatafe

No idea about these individuals, but I like the positional signing - G, ILB and OLB.  Likely they don’t pan out of course, but at least we have some younger guys (with more of a body of work than your average UDFA) to potentially open up the draft a touch more.  

Don’t think it would hurt to add a corner too - they likely don’t beat out any of our top guys, but Danny Johnson?  Maybe.  Corner’s also a position they may not add a guy early in the draft.  Not that I doubt they do - they need a replacement for Norman and could use a top corner to compete with Stroman, Dunbar and Moreau - but G/T, edge, QB and receiver are probably prioritized.  

Then of course, we could use another receiver in the mix.  Quick’s a non factor, I’m not holding my breath that Davis ever sees a regular season snap, and Quinn/Sims are, until proven otherwise, injury concerns.  

5 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-pull-talent-aaf-once-again-signing-lb-demarquis-gates

Another AAF guy signed.  Didn't see a post, but figured it would fit with these moves instead of making a new thread.

He is the future.

Gates will be the Swinging Gates that swings and slaps QB's down.

• 3 weeks later...

Was just looking at the Redskins roster listing and remembered we'd signed these AAF guys.

Ankrah teaming up with Moreland again I'd guess. 

Whilst long shots, good to see along with the draft we have added impact players with proven production. Just got to see if that can translate to the NFL.

Archived