Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

49 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Conforto's catch in the 6th or 7th led to that loss. I think it was 6-5 and Ruiz nearly cleared the bases with 2 outs...oh well. 

Yea, that was a game-saving catch. That ball tried to come out of his glove twice. Just wasn't meant to be, I guess! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Wow, really put a pounding on them now, Mullins single scores 2 followed by Iglesias 3-run shot

10-0.  

Buy or sell - if we played in the NL East this year we would have made the playoffs.

I'd buy that.  

The Braves pitching has been bad, though some of that is due to injuries.  Our offense has been respectable, but prone to go into cold streaks for a few games at a time.  But trade games against the Yankees and Rays for games against the Braves and Phillies or Braves and Miami and we'd have fared better.  

Tonight was a really fun game.  Hope they saved some runs for games 2 and 3 against Atlanta.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TheDoyler23 said:

25-35 is really not that bad. I’m this wacky season, they were a healthy Means and Mancini away from possibly being one of the playoff teams. Ah well. 

I agree, they didn't miss by a whole lot.  And Means really came on strong down the stretch.

**** man, if they had the nerve to cut Davis and had a healthy Mancini and Mountcastle from Game 1, I think they could have been closer than they were.  

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree, they didn't miss by a whole lot.  And Means really came on strong down the stretch.

**** man, if they had the nerve to cut Davis and had a healthy Mancini and Mountcastle from Game 1, I think they could have been closer than they were.  

Ironically the team had a better record when Davis was in the lineup.

4 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

25-35 is really not that bad. I’m this wacky season, they were a healthy Means and Mancini away from possibly being one of the playoff teams. Ah well. 

It's bad when, what would be projected to be a 68 win team, is seen as "really not that bad." 

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

CD won't be cut until they know how salaries are impacted next season due to covid. They will look to save money first. If it's a normal season and all players get full salaries, I expect him to be gone. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's bad when, what would be projected to be a 68 win team, is seen as "really not that bad." 

CD won't be cut until they know how salaries are impacted next season due to covid. They will look to save money first. If it's a normal season and all players get full salaries, I expect him to be gone. 

I think you're right.  But at this point I don't see how they don't play a full 162 next year without fans, or sparse fans throughout the park.  

That's what I am hoping for, anyway...because it means more baseball, also the likelihood that Davis is gone as you've pointed out.  With Mancini hopefully coming back and Mountcastle, there's no room.  

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think you're right.  But at this point I don't see how they don't play a full 162 next year without fans, or sparse fans throughout the park.  

That's what I am hoping for, anyway...because it means more baseball, also the likelihood that Davis is gone as you've pointed out.  With Mancini hopefully coming back and Mountcastle, there's no room.  

I'll be pleasantly surprised if spring training is like normal, but I do think they will play a full slate of games. For a normal O's home game, the few fans they get should be workable. If we are still having games without fans, we are in a bad place with the pandemic. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I'll be pleasantly surprised if spring training is like normal, but I do think they will play a full slate of games. For a normal O's home game, the few fans they get should be workable. If we are still having games without fans, we are in a bad place with the pandemic. 

Agreed on all points.  I don't think they have a regular ST, either.  I still think sporting events are limited for fans next year but I'd love to be wrong.