Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Ross, Voth, Helli all suck.   What i hate is we only need a 5th starter in the regular season?  We need to find someone who can be a okay 5th and a great long man?

His name was Tanner Roark.

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

We wouldn’t have signed Sanchez if Roark’s $10m was on our roster. Sanchez has been a notable improvement over Roark this year. 

I don't disagree, though the Lerner's can afford whatever they want.  I just meant that Roark was basically exactly what you need in a 5th guy, good enough to start for you an give you innings, exactly the sort of pitcher who does well in long relief.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Do you guys think we would sign Tony before the trade deadline or is it assumed now we are waiting til the end of the season now?

Unless Rendon orders it, I don't see it happening before the deadline. There is no incentive for Rendon to do so at the moment. He's most likely to be the top free agent on the market with multiple teams competing for his services.

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

Robles with the accurate hose

His defense has already come a long way from the start of the year when he was making young dude mistakes

• Like 1

Just now, CRobi21 said:

Mark Reynolds DFAd by COL today. Wonder if he gets a call with Zim likely headed back to IR.

I think we’re good with Howie and Adams. Wouldn’t mind signing Reynolds to a minor league deal to keep him in the wings though. 

• Like 1

Brewers and Phillies won, so we're staring down the barrel of losing our wildcard lead as well. Today is going great! 

Luckily, we have Road Rockies coming up. Maybe we can get a tiny bit of breathing room there. 

Edited by Bacon

I make myself feel better by saying we were only four games behind the Braves coming into tonight.  I don't pay attention to the actual number because teams always have different numbers of games played.  We have four more losses than the Braves but they're 5.5 ahead because they've played three more games.  As far as I'm concerned, the number is four, and after tonight, hopefully three.

That makes me feel better anyway.  Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I make myself feel better by saying we were only four games behind the Braves coming into tonight.  I don't pay attention to the actual number because teams always have different numbers of games played.  We have four more losses than the Braves but they're 5.5 ahead because they've played three more games.  As far as I'm concerned, the number is four, and after tonight, hopefully three.

That makes me feel better anyway.  Your mileage may vary.

Okay.  Gasman can't keep this up.  If Ross gets thru 6, we have our big boys coming up at least twice in this game. 

I accept the split, a reminder of where we really are.  Not mad, not at all, and will be at the July 31 game against them in DC.  Having said that, back to back series at home against them and the Dodgers may put into perspective where we really are.