Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB isn't our problem!!!!

Riggodrill44

22 minutes ago, slinky said:

just wait until Kirk and the Vikings face RG3 and the Ravens in the Super Bowl (RG3 will take over in the playoffs for an injured Jackson). Kirk will have beaten Nate Sudfeld in NFC Title game after he took over for Foles.

That would be a perfect storm.

11 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Right, because that adds to the discussion. 

I don't believe we've picked wrong. We refuse to build a team for a successful QB to thrive.

You must have forgotten that Job Gibbs chose Rogers over Rodgers. If we had the right Rodgers this thread wouldn't even exists. Let that sink in for you. Choosing the right QB DOES matter! 

14 hours ago, dyst said:

Our #1 problem is owner. He just doesn’t know what he is doing.

He knows exactly what he is doing but since he has a front man like Vinny and now Bruce, fans fool themselves into believing that he's somehow no longer involved, yet Bruce sits there losing for a decade after Vinny did the same... They are doing it right? 

After firing Schottenheimer 11 months after being hired for not allowing Dan play time with his favorite toy. 

It's not obvious yet?

Dan still thinks that one of these days all the chips will fall correctly with his moronic decision-making.

In comparison Haslam in Cleveland only held on to a similar set of idiotic beliefs for less than half of the 2 decades Dan has.

24 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

He knows exactly what he is doing but since he has a front man like Vinny and now Bruce, fans fool themselves into believing that he's somehow no longer involved

Dan still thinks that one of these days all the chips will fall correctly with his moronic decision-making.

Absolutely true.  I have been thinking this for the last couple of years, only posting it this seasons, especially after I thought about how they fired the only real legit GM I have seen here since Danny's ownership, Scot M.  You see in that situation the fact that SM had to go to Danny Boy and convince him to move on from RG3 to Kirk Cousin's, Gruden's and his choice for QB was the real eye opener for me.  It was reported that it took a three hour convince meeting.   That should never ever happen.  A legit GM may tell an owner his decision but not seek their approval before carrying out the decision.

Bruce, like Vinny are puppets and tools for this little piece of meddling **** named Dan Snyder.  And what does he do?  When the heat really rises, fan revolt, he releases the current puppet and inserts a new one.  We are deceived for a bit but all roads lead back to Danny.  Fans, me included, throw a lot of vitriol in the direction of Bruce , and prior, Vinny, but it is not properly placed.

And part of what confused me was the actual acquisition of SM.  When Danny got on his stupid ass plane, so the public knew where he was going  and he acquired SM.  I paused thinking okay he realizes he can't run the team and make personnel decisions.  That he and his chosen puppets realized they could not run an NFL team.  But it is was all smoke and mirrors.   And that level of duplicity so Dan can continue playing Madden with our football team is tragic IMO.  

The weak link for me going into the 2018 season was the secondary. I was actually pleasantly surprised they did as well as they did initially but in retrospect they really got some lucky breaks, which I have never seen and when the competition was legit they lost.   But now it is going to be a **** show beyond our wildest imagination in 2019.   They are forced IMO into a rebuild.  Reed, Norman, Preston Smith maybe even Williams it is time to them go.   You need the cap relief and you are not fielding a competitive team anyway why not accept it?   

22 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

After every disappointing year it starts anew. Lets sign/draft the best QB and we will be so much better. It's laughable, every year same stuff. 

The Skins have used in my estimation about 10 1st rd picks, 6 2nd rd pick, a few 3rds,4ths,6 and 7 in the last 20 years. Look at all that draft capitol spent on a position that IMHO is the last one that should be filled.

Look to the team to our north, Baltimore. The Ravens have built a true team. They are tough ,play with passion on both sides of the ball and plug and play QB. Joe Flacco sucks, but he has won a Super bowl playing in Baltimore. They will probably win a couple of games this year in the play offs with Jackson running more than throwing. Then ,to think about RG3 backing up and possibly winning with the Ravens because THEY ACTULLAY KNOW HOW TO BUILD A TEAM. 

That's ok, lets just trade up this year and use all of this years picks and next years 1st and 2nd and the year after 1st to JUST GET THEY GUY THATS GOING TO MAKE US A WINNER.

LMAO

The Ravens won one Super Bowl with the greatest defense statistically in the history of the league, they won another when their incredibly average QB played like a Hall of Famer for a few weeks.  When he returned to Joe Flacco they never got close.   Nearly every team that is in constant contention year after year have an established QB, the teams at the bottom nearly always have a bad QB situation.  The Saints were one of those teams, a total joke for 2 generations.  Once Drew Brees arrived everything has changed. 

If you think all of this is a coincidence I have no idea what game you have been watching.  

10 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

Absolutely true.  I have been thinking this for the last couple of years, only posting it this seasons, especially after I thought about how they fired the only real legit GM I have seen here since Danny's ownership, Scot M.  You see in that situation the fact that SM had to go to Danny Boy and convince him to move on from RG3 to Kirk Cousin's, Gruden's and his choice for QB was the real eye opener for me.  It was reported that it took a three hour convince meeting.   That should never ever happen.  A legit GM may tell an owner his decision but not seek their approval before carrying out the decision.

Bruce, like Vinny are puppets and tools for this little piece of meddling **** named Dan Snyder.  And what does he do?  When the heat really rises, fan revolt, he releases the current puppet and inserts a new one.  We are deceived for a bit but all roads lead back to Danny.  Fans, me included, throw a lot of vitriol in the direction of Bruce , and prior, Vinny, but it is not properly placed.

And part of what confused me was the actual acquisition of SM.  When Danny got on his stupid ass plane, so the public knew where he was going  and he acquired SM.  I paused thinking okay he realizes he can't run the team and make personnel decisions.  That he and his chosen puppets realized they could not run an NFL team.  But it is was all smoke and mirrors.   And that level of duplicity so Dan can continue playing Madden with our football team is tragic IMO.  

The weak link for me going into the 2018 season was the secondary. I was actually pleasantly surprised they did as well as they did initially but in retrospect they really got some lucky breaks, which I have never seen and when the competition was legit they lost.   But now it is going to be a **** show beyond our wildest imagination in 2019.   They are forced IMO into a rebuild.  Reed, Norman, Preston Smith maybe even Williams it is time to them go.   You need the cap relief and you are not fielding a competitive team anyway why not accept it?   

I agree, Danny really wants a winning team and feels that he can help get the team there. He means well, but it is not working.  

12 hours ago, Redskinscub said:

I agree, Danny really wants a winning team and feels that he can help get the team there. He means well, but it is not working.  

I know he wants to win. He is a fan who was a given a kid's dream.  He has turned it into a nightmare that we all, due to our fandom have become a part of.  The old adage, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" applies here.   

However there is something else I think that went on here that in retrospect based upon where we find ourselves today.  Dan has simply moved from being directly involved in personnel decisions to standing in the shadows still providing input.   The move to get SM was duplicitous IMO because it was geared to give fans the perception that he was doing things the legit way - a move that was supposed to be perceived by fans and media towards running a functional NFL team.  However a real GM chooses the personnel.  And the GM typically chooses the coach but that was already in place, chosen by Bruce, with Danny's approval before SM arrived.  So you see it was just smoke and mirrors.    It is dysfunctional as hell.

As a successful business owner who seeks input, and who has over the years corrected poor decisions, and redirected,  I can't understand the bad karma of being a skins fan.  It is at times torture.   But I can't leave.  I have been a fan way too long. 

Passivity, the good ol' boy mentality seems to go a long way to keeping job security at Redskins park because i truly believe Dan and Bruce have extremely low self-esteem, are thin skinned as all hell.  Criticism?  You better not.  You are OUT.   

On 12/27/2018 at 7:09 AM, skinsmania123 said:

I know he wants to win. He is a fan who was a given a kid's dream.  He has turned it into a nightmare that we all, due to our fandom have become a part of.  The old adage, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" applies here.   

However there is something else I think that went on here that in retrospect based upon where we find ourselves today.  Dan has simply moved from being directly involved in personnel decisions to standing in the shadows still providing input.   The move to get SM was duplicitous IMO because it was geared to give fans the perception that he was doing things the legit way - a move that was supposed to be perceived by fans and media towards running a functional NFL team.  However a real GM chooses the personnel.  And the GM typically chooses the coach but that was already in place, chosen by Bruce, with Danny's approval before SM arrived.  So you see it was just smoke and mirrors.    It is dysfunctional as hell.

As a successful business owner who seeks input, and who has over the years corrected poor decisions, and redirected,  I can't understand the bad karma of being a skins fan.  It is at times torture.   But I can't leave.  I have been a fan way too long. 

Passivity, the good ol' boy mentality seems to go a long way to keeping job security at Redskins park because i truly believe Dan and Bruce have extremely low self-esteem, are thin skinned as all hell.  Criticism?  You better not.  You are OUT.   

My perception is that Danny tried to stay out of it when he hired Scott, but got back involved after he left. I too have been a fan for a long time, since the early 70's. We had 3 tv channels growing up, Skins were on every week. You either really liked them, or you really did not. It is hard suffering thru these bad seasons after seeing success for so long. 

On 12/25/2018 at 7:20 AM, Riggodrill44 said:

Look to the team to our north, Baltimore. The Ravens have built a true team. They are tough ,play with passion on both sides of the ball and plug and play QB. Joe Flacco sucks, but he has won a Super bowl playing in Baltimore. They will probably win a couple of games this year in the play offs with Jackson running more than throwing. Then ,to think about RG3 backing up and possibly winning with the Ravens because THEY ACTULLAY KNOW HOW TO BUILD A TEAM. 

The Ravens didn't have almost their entire 1st and 2nd string wiped out by injuries. The Redskins did. It's a lot easier to plug in a backup QB and win when you're not also plugging in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th stringers all over the field.

Archived