Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Texans Prediction Thread: Pessimistically Optimistic?

skins island connection

Who wins ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this defensive showdown ?

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, skins island connection said:

The Texans offense is 16th in points, 14th in yds, 18th in pass yds and 11th in rush yds. Not great but not bad, pretty much middle of the pack.

The Texans defense is 7th in points, 9th in yds, 15th in pass yds and 6th in rush yds. This is a bit more troublesome.

No, wait; this is ALOT more troublesome.

10 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

We don't know, because we're to lazy to look it up.

This is what I found on their defense and offense.

Skins need this one bad as they will have a very short week to prepare for Dallas. Dallas will be very tough to beat especially since they always play tough on Thanksgiving more than any other time of the season. They also will want revenge from the loss to Washington earlier. That's why if the Skins win this one they will be in great shape regardless.

Well, no one got it right this week, but a few were damn close.

Redskins2000 I believe got the correct score but wrong winner, a few others were within a point here and there.

But I will say, this was the most spirited game I've seen this team play all year. Smith wasn't doing anything, gets hurt, Colt comes in and before we know it the score is 21-20. Then the defense couldn't keep Houston from driving, then the refs decided they wanted some tv time by throwing some really unworthy flags against the defense, which gave them the good field position to get a FG.

If the Redskin LBers could run without looking like they're dragging a Volkswagon the game would have been different; they're built for run stopping, not chasing RBs out of the backfield. 

Once again, as fate had it, Houston missed a FG late in the game and gave the Redskins a last chance, but came up 5 yds short on a FG at the end to steal a win.

Regardless, Colt did a great job against an aggressive Houston defense, hats off to him for getting this team back in it and actually taking the lead.

Archived