Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"I know Kung-Fu" - Official Mr. (Ryan) Anderson Appreciation Thread.

Renegade7

What do you think about Ryan Anderson starting at ILB???  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Ryan Anderson starting at ILB???

• Yes, I'd support it, give him the job now
    • Yes, I'd support it, but not yet (work on developing him for that)
    • No, he wouldn't do well as a starter ILB in the 3-4
    • No, but for a different reason
    • Other
    • Anything to talk about something other than how much we suck at everything

I found this quote by Jay actually hilarious, like Bobby Bucher or something:

On LB Ryan Anderson goal line set:

“Yeah, that’s our goal line set. We don’t dress a fullback here so we taught Ryan Anderson four or five plays and he does a good job coming in there and handling that. I don’t know if he knows where he’s going, but he runs in there hard and closes his eyes. Adrian Peterson tells it best. Adrian is a great one-cut runner down hill. He makes those plays work and is a good package for us when we get down there.”

Honestly, I like that he's not only playing better, but going out of his way to contribute where he can.  I ragged on him about never hearing his name, know I do. He's going to get more practice at that, a really young player, can anyone confirm how he's doing on Special Teams?  He's starting remind me of Lorenzo (He was playing guard, tight end, d-line, and special teams in his third year, first with us).

I'd like to see him more at ILB, maybe even develop him into a starter.  I think he's a better pass rusher then Mason Foster and quicker as well.  If they are going to let him play multiple phases, they should experiment with different positions at linebacker.  When I first brought this up, I was getting shot down because he hasn't played ILB.  Who cares at this point?  Got two weeks to try it a little bit, I want our best pass rushers on the field. 

At least try it in Nickle.  How has he done with this in ya'll opinion or would do with it?

And yes, Jay gets more credit for getting more out of him then Bruce gets for drafting him with a second round pick.

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

I like Foster and Brown and I fear change. However, starting him at FB is okay with me. 

I'm hearing a lot of bad stuff about Foster missing gaps on run plays, including seeing it.  I already feel he's a little on the heavy side and that's hurting his game speed, harder for him to make up for his mistakes.

FB thing I like the idea of continuing to develop, sounds like he has good instincts for it.  Lorenzo is a regular starter now later in his career, I can see him adding weight to better fit positions that require it.  Would really be nice to see us screw people up and throw to him, but it sounds like he needs more time and help before they can ask him to remember passing plays.  Hit somebody seems to be his thing right now.

2 hours ago, London Kev said:

Foster had ten tackles today, Brown had six. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Ryan Anderson has a higher PFF rating, just saying.  Next year is a contract year for Foster.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/mason-foster/6236

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/ryan-anderson/11804

My thing is that I do believe Ryan is at least better at pass rushing, so I want to see more of that from him inside, he doesn't have to start yet.

Ryan is flashing heavy when in there as an OLB this year. He has a sack and shoulda had another today. But yes at practice I start to throw him ILB duties as well, see how he takes it in. Mason is def a step slow, and Brown hasn’t really been his best Brown yet this year imo. I know they both have tackles I’m just saying it couldnt hurt at all to have Ryan starting to develop those skills. Josh Harvey Clemons too..

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ryan Anderson has a higher PFF rating, just saying.  Next year is a contract year for Foster.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/mason-foster/6236

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/ryan-anderson/11804

My thing is that I do believe Ryan is at least better at pass rushing, so I want to see more of that from him inside, he doesn't have to start yet.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy., I would like to see him get some more reps, and what he's doing at fullback is awesome, But the poll asked about him actually starting at ILB and I don't think you should bench Mason or ZB right now just to see if Anderson could be a upgrade. 

4 hours ago, London Kev said:

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy., I would like to see him get some more reps, and what he's doing at fullback is awesome, But the poll asked about him actually starting at ILB and I don't think you should bench Mason or ZB right now just to see if Anderson could be a upgrade. 

Poll asked if we should even start developing him for that role, which I think we should. 

2 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

have him play for preston smith 

preston cant tacke

cant cover

cant get to the qb

He got completely stoned on a few rushes. I did notice that he and Kerrigan switched ends a few times which was good to see. I also noticed that at least once, Rodgers sent a player in motion pre-snap and Preston had to slide out a little wider, scared the crap out of me to see Preston clearly now in man coverage.

He has not really impacted the first few games so far. Still plenty of snaps to go though.

edit - I think Ryan is probably too small to take many snaps as the RE spot.

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Poll asked if we should even start developing him for that role, which I think we should. 

Yeah, you see this is what happens when I vote without reading all of the options correctly :blush:.

I would like to change my vote from option four to option two. I still stand by my "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comment, but hopefully Ryan can develop at ILB in time. The more positions any player can play only increases his value to the team, So he can already play OLB, FB and ILB. What's next? TE? Long snapper? Can he throw a fade??? :)    

10 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Yeah, you see this is what happens when I vote without reading all of the options correctly :blush:.

I would like to change my vote from option four to option two. I still stand by my "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comment, but hopefully Ryan can develop at ILB in time. The more positions any player can play only increases his value to the team, So he can already play OLB, FB and ILB. What's next? TE? Long snapper? Can he throw a fade??? :)    

The obvious answer is can he play LG? : )

When I was talking to my dad about it, he feels same way I do that the more positions we ask of him, the bigger he's gonna need to get.  I'm not sure where that medium balance is, but agree he's not tall enough to justify asking him bulk up and play on the line to play of the line.

Dude has jack of all trades master of none written all over him, and you need players like that and coaches who see it and ain't afraid to do it.  I think his destiny is a guy who can start at OLB same way Lorenzo's destiny was as a pass rusher.  Think we need to find out sooner rather then later, if hate for his flexibility to cause us to lose him like we lost Alexander. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Ryan had a master lead block on a running play for AP then popped that fumble out to damn near the moon on that bend don't break defense today.  Here out here showing us how to dodge bullet right now, great game by him in multiple phases. Again.

Image result for neo matrix gif

Yep, he had some good plays today, thanks #52!

Archived