Sign in to follow this  
Renegade7

Has FO given Jay a Playoff Roster for 2018???

Has FO given Jay a Playoff Roster for 2018???  

102 members have voted

  1. 1. Has FO given Jay a Playoff Roster for 2018???



Recommended Posts

Just now, SWFLSkins said:

 

Against the Cards though, Great corners and they blitz heavy,,,,good D Alex Smith beat today. 

Ya, they got Peterson, that makes sense Docston not going off.  I didn't really get the vibe they were trying anymore, that may have been more because they didn't need to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, they got Peterson, that makes sense Docston not going off.  I didn't really get the vibe they were trying anymore, that may have been more because they didn't need to.

 

That pass to PRich was perfectly thrown, He was gone for a TD if he wasn't held. The running set that up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SWFLSkins  this isn't the Ju Ju thread, brother.

2 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:
That pass to PRich was perfectly thrown, He was gone for a TD if he wasn't held. The running set that up. 

What are you saying here, man, i'm saying we didn't keep going back to our WRs, playaction was irrelevant, Cards just couldn't stop the run at all.  You are neither confirming nor denying what I'm saying right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

@SWFLSkins  this isn't the Ju Ju thread, brother.

What are you saying here, man, i'm saying we didn't keep going back to our WRs, playaction was irrelevant, Cards just couldn't stop the run at all.  You are neither confirming nor denying what I'm saying right now.

 

It's all good Ju-ju, the team won, Alex Smith is legit, AP legit....When was the last time the Team ran at will and won a game? I can't remember to be honest, Portis, Almo, 2012....yes playaction was irrelevant...what if it was relevant and the Team lost? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SWFLSkins said:

 

It's all good Ju-ju, the team won, Alex Smith is legit, AP legit....When was the last time the Team ran at will and won a game? I can't remember to be honest, Portis, Almo, 2012....yes playaction was irrelevant...what if it was relevant and the Team lost? 

Agreed on the run game, because of having two backs that can do that kind of damage.  But lets not do hypotheticals. We haven't shown in preseason or regular season to have a deep threat.  It did not matter today, full stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Agreed on the run game, because of having two backs that can do that kind of damage.  But lets not do hypotheticals. We haven't shown in preseason or regular season to have a deep threat.  It did not matter today, full stop.

 

But that is where I made the mention of the PRich play, He was gone dude, got the dumb 5yd penalty, but the ball was right there, He was gone...That wasn't a Kirker, underthrown, had to adjust ball....they'll develop that chemistry, was disappointed that they didn't lay one up for Doc, but again AZ corners best pair in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SWFLSkins said:

 

But that is where I made the mention of the PRich play, He was gone dude, got the dumb 5yd penalty, but the ball was right there, He was gone...That wasn't a Kirker, underthrown, had to adjust ball....they'll develop that chemistry, was disappointed that they didn't lay one up for Doc, but again AZ corners best pair in the league. 

Better then the Rams?  I don't even know who the Cardinals second corner is.  Anyway, that's like one play you are talking about.  We're splitting hairs after one game, I believe we can get our shots in the Colts and Packers game (watching what Bears to do them).  Until it matters, it doesn't, but its staring us right in the face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Morneblade said:

 

I think you missed my point. "Luck" is being ready to take down a team that is maybe at a low point. Instead of, for instance, loosing to a beat up Giants team at the end of the season and missing the playoffs. I don't really consider that luck, I consider that lack of preparation. You make your own luck.

 

 

Don't disagree, but @Morneblade - you are missing my point - I was specifically referring to the "luck" to the timing when you meet a team during the season.  Some teams are on groove or in a funk or riddled with injuries - it changes the dynamics.  For example, playing Green Bay last year when Aaron Rodgers was heathy and playing versus playing Green Bay when he was out injured.  That's an example of "luck" that's outside of your control.  Of course, you still have to execute and beat the team, but hopefully you get my drift.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the way the question is worded. Our FO is pretty bad (A couple guys that aren't here anymore did draft some badass offensive linemen though). I like to think that if Jay has a playoff roster, it's because our coaches developed some players along the way (would be the first time in the Snyder era, that's happened I'd say).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I don't like the way the question is worded. Our FO is pretty bad (A couple guys that aren't here anymore did draft some badass offensive linemen though). I like to think that if Jay has a playoff roster, it's because our coaches developed some players along the way (would be the first time in the Snyder era, that's happened I'd say).

 

Welp took me about four seconds to find the worst take of the night. 

 

You need to take your I hate Bruce Allen glasses off and recognize there are a lot of other talented individuals in the FO right now. Up and coming exec, quality scouts, Doug Williams.

 

We've had consistency as a coaching staff, and we draft  and sign players well that fit our scheme. Whatever the hell you're talking about is whatever you want to fit your narrative about hating Allen and Snyder. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I don't like the way the question is worded. Our FO is pretty bad (A couple guys that aren't here anymore did draft some badass offensive linemen though). I like to think that if Jay has a playoff roster, it's because our coaches developed some players along the way (would be the first time in the Snyder era, that's happened I'd say).

Bruce is still here and been here.  Jay doesn't have player acquisition final say, he has to rely on the FO to get him players. Jay just showed he can make the most of them this year, but its one game.

 

Hope Redskins are taking notes, Packers had bad first half and just came back and won it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

We've had consistency as a coaching staff, and we draft  and sign players well that fit our scheme. Whatever the hell you're talking about is whatever you want to fit your narrative about hating Allen and Snyder. 

I am willing to concede that you may very well be right about this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

You need to take your I hate Bruce Allen glasses off and recognize there are a lot of other talented individuals in the FO right now. Up and coming exec, quality scouts, Doug Williams.

 

Maybe the question I want to ask I should wait on.  Its starting good, so not interested in who to blame if it goes south.  I've made and stated my case, I expect people to swing on this one depending on wins and loses.  Win the Green By game and I'll shut up at least until get a berth or get eliminated.  Bruce has been here longer then Jay, had more chances in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jjpomeroy said:

 

Don't disagree, but @Morneblade - you are missing my point - I was specifically referring to the "luck" to the timing when you meet a team during the season.  Some teams are on groove or in a funk or riddled with injuries - it changes the dynamics.  For example, playing Green Bay last year when Aaron Rodgers was heathy and playing versus playing Green Bay when he was out injured.  That's an example of "luck" that's outside of your control.  Of course, you still have to execute and beat the team, but hopefully you get my drift.  

 

No, I actually get your point. And, you stated at the end of your reply exactly what I was saying, "Of course, you still have to execute and beat the team". Being ready to take advantage of weakness, is not luck. It is preparation. Loosing to a beat up Giants team at the end of the season and getting knocked out of the playoffs, is NOT bad luck. It was lack of preparation when there was a opportunity. This is what I mean that you make your own luck.

 

Loosing to the Patriots when they are firing on all cylinders and with a healthy Brady and Gronk is not bad luck either. A team that is better and prepared will beat a lesser prepared team.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Morneblade said:

 

No, I actually get your point. And, you stated at the end of your reply exactly what I was saying, "Of course, you still have to execute and beat the team". Being ready to take advantage of weakness, is not luck. It is preparation. Loosing to a beat up Giants team at the end of the season and getting knocked out of the playoffs, is NOT bad luck. It was lack of preparation when there was a opportunity. This is what I mean that you make your own luck.

 

Loosing to the Patriots when they are firing on all cylinders and with a healthy Brady and Gronk is not bad luck either. A team that is better and prepared will beat a lesser prepared team.
 

Jay has to make my case for him at some point, and he did week 1.  It's still early, but what may have jus seen is us not having WRs that deal with a secondary like Arizona's, similar to us losing to Seattle in 2012. Our non-wr skill players far better then 2012, though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Jay has to make my case for him at some point, and he did week 1.  It's still early, but what may have jus seen is us not having WRs that deal with a secondary like Arizona's, similar to us losing to Seattle in 2012. Our non-wr skill players far better then 2012, though 

Our defense isn't coached by a buffoon either.  Which helps everything. Even offense.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is Haslett up to these days? Defensive Coordinator for the local Food Lion shelf stocking division?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What is Haslett up to these days? Defensive Coordinator for the local Food Lion shelf stocking division?

And I'm sure giving tips to Chris Russell. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What is Haslett up to these days? Defensive Coordinator for the local Food Lion shelf stocking division?

I went to college in Greensboro, NC and apparently the Food Lion there is known as the NFL in some circles. My last semester, I coached track at a local high school. I was the only white guy out there. One day, I was telling my throwers about how I went to food lion on Market Street (I forget what happened or why I was recounting this story to them) and the guys I was talking to were like, “oh, he went to the NFL!!” and then some kids who were like 100 feet away heard and they start going, “he went to the NFL??” terribly amused that I would be grocery shopping at this location.

 

Anyway, the FL stood for Food Lion.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

What is Haslett up to these days? Defensive Coordinator for the local Food Lion shelf stocking division?

 

LB Coach for the Bungholes apparently...

618584290.jpg.0.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I went to college in Greensboro, NC and apparently the Food Lion there is known as the NFL in some circles. My last semester, I coached track at a local high school. I was the only white guy out there. One day, I was telling my throwers about how I went to food lion on Market Street (I forget what happened or why I was recounting this story to them) and the guys I was talking to were like, “oh, he went to the NFL!!” and then some kids who were like 100 feet away heard and they start going, “he went to the NFL??” terribly amused that I would be grocery shopping at this location.

 

Anyway, the FL stood for Food Lion.

 

My first job was at Food Lion, i have never heard it called that, lol ( granted,I'm from NOVA)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2018 at 11:27 PM, Renegade7 said:

Bruce is still here and been here.  Jay doesn't have player acquisition final say, he has to rely on the FO to get him players. Jay just showed he can make the most of them this year, but its one game.

 

Hope Redskins are taking notes, Packers had bad first half and just came back and won it.

 

I'm mostly just questioning your football knowledge. You've stated some highly inaccurate s*** up in herr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

 

I'm mostly just questioning your football knowledge. You've stated some highly inaccurate s*** up in herr. 

List them and ill address them, since your calling me out.  Does Jay have final say in personnel acquisition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2018 at 8:05 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I don't like the way the question is worded. Our FO is pretty bad (A couple guys that aren't here anymore did draft some badass offensive linemen though).

 

 

That's about all they did, though lol...and they spent top 5 draft picks on those OLinemen, which I'm constantly told is a "no brainer" and nobody is impressed when a GM drafts badass players at #3 and #5 overall. If nothing else, Allen and his FO/scouts found a starter-quality RT and Center in rounds 3 and 6.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still going to wait until after the Green Bay game because this more a poorly coached game then anything else.  But our WR core is straight terrifying me right now.  Am I the only one that feels that way?

 

And what about Preston Smith?  Is he not being coached up or just not that good?  The onky people he's scaring right. Ow are redskins fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.