Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES Tennis Thread

skinsmarydu

Alcaraz Sinner going to the fifth set!  Can't believe they play so late in New York, it is 2 am there.

Alcaraz wins! One of the best matches I've ever seen. Match ended at 2:50 am, lasted five hours and fifteen minutes. Alcaraz saved matched point in the fourth set.

Sinner has such a nice serve and huge forehand, I have no doubt he will win many tournaments in his career.

Edited by abdcskins

JESS PEGULA DRINKS BEER AT PRESSER AFTER US OPEN LOSS

Tennis player Jess Pegula showed up to her post-match press conference following a loss at the US Open the way so many of us would after a rough day at the office: with a beer in hand.

Pegula didn’t just have some suds on a hand to drown her sorrows, she’s very practical about it, that Jess Pegula.

“I like the Heineken,” ESPN’s D’Arcy Maine said, drawing attention to Pegula’s post-match beverage of choice.

“Thanks,” Pegula said. “I’m trying to pee for doping, so… Although it does help ease the loss.”

I always felt like beer’s only weakness was its diuretic tendency, forcing you to plan your consumption in social situations accordingly. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Andy Murray just won an insane match against Lehecka, came back from 5-3 in the final set and saved five match points. Went to tiebreaker and he had a stunning match point winner running down the line. He goes to the final in Doha.

Been really enjoying tennis recently. Fun to bet on too. I had Murray in a two team parlay 😁 Just need the Rockets to win tonight 🚀 

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Andy Murray just won an insane match against Lehecka, came back from 5-3 in the final set and saved five match points. Went to tiebreaker and he had a stunning match point winner running down the line. He goes to the final in Doha.

Been really enjoying tennis recently. Fun to bet on too. I had Murray in a two team parlay 😁 Just need the Rockets to win tonight 🚀 

Was a great comeback by Murray. I've also been betting on his matches. I usually bet on them to go 3 sets or have a high number of games. Been cleaning up lately :)

• Like 2

I had the Tennis Channel on one TV at the bar at work and somebody changed it...I had it through the Samsung do-thingy because we don't have the expanded sports stuff on Comcast there, and I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IT BACK!!!  The kid who screwed it up works tomorrow (his dad is an exec with Bally's and he's going to Liberty for sports journo in the fall) and he better fix this ****.  :taz:

• Sad 1

I don’t feel enough people talk about the fact that the three greatest tennis players of all time played at their peaks in the same era. We always hear these ridiculous “GOAT” arguments in other sports, but we have a legitimate “GOAT” argument in tennis that can actually be proven and no one talked about it. 

9 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I don’t feel enough people talk about the fact that the three greatest tennis players of all time played at their peaks in the same era. We always hear these ridiculous “GOAT” arguments in other sports, but we have a legitimate “GOAT” argument in tennis that can actually be proven and no one talked about it. 

Who do you think it is?

5 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

So Rafa has pulled out of Indian Wells and Alcaraz has pulled out of the Mexican Open. 

And Murray pulled out of Dubai. Hoping at least Murray and Alcaraz will play Indian Wells. Seems Djokovic is still waiting to hear whether he will be allowed in the US in time for Indian Wells. The tournament will be pretty lame without him.

• 3 weeks later...