Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kenny Mayne: Dear Fellow White People: Or should I have said ‘Caucasian’?

Bozo the kKklown

College campuses that were once bastions of free speech when I was college age now have repressive PC speech codes and enforcers as vigilant as the religious police in Saudi Arabia or Iran that stifle and intimidate the heretics the so-called progressives call racists, sexists, homophobic or some other damning words to silence them.

Dude hasn’t been on a college campus in 40 years.  Might not have ever been on a college campus.

45 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I can't think of a single example in history when protectionism and isolationism actually worked in the long-term economic benefit of any country.

Just saying, Switzerland is a paradise.  

9 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

College campuses that were once bastions of free speech when I was college age now have repressive PC speech codes and enforcers as vigilant as the religious police in Saudi Arabia or Iran that stifle and intimidate the heretics the so-called progressives call racists, sexists, homophobic or some other damning words to silence them.

Dude hasn’t been on a college campus in 40 years.  Might not have ever been on a college campus.

He wants the college campuses of the early 1900s in the deep south.

12 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Yes, the economy is improved but real wages for blue-collar workers have been beaten down for a couple of generations so millions of Americans are still working 2 or 3 low paying jobs to support families.  

Not true.  But, if you want to go on a rant about how millenials are entitled ******* and how native born americans are lazy and too busy whining like little ****es all day on social media about how society is unfair, well, now would actually be the time.  You can do that.  That would be fair.

Now lets get back to the discussion about how life is unfair in America and everyone is a victim and poor whites cant get good jobs and poor blacks are oppressed.  Meanwhile, we will keep bringing in immigrants to be wildly successful in this country and have all the work they can stand.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He wants the college campuses of the early 1900s in the deep south.

Yup.  For clarification:

All white male campus = “bastion of free speech”

Gender and racially-diverse campus = “Saudi Arabia”

Its astounding, really.

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

I can't think of a single example in history when protectionism and isolationism actually worked in the long-term economic benefit of any country.

I guess you are not familiar with the pre WW I history of the US.

6 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I guess you are not familiar with this countries pre WW I history.

The world has completely changed since then. In fact, for both major world wars, rampant nationalism coupled with isolationism and protectionism led to the conditions of the war. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/made-by-history/wp/2017/06/30/protectionism-100-years-ago-helped-ignite-a-world-war-could-it-happen-again/

Worst argument ever. 

2 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

There are plenty of blue collar jobs out there, people are just too picky and won't do them.

There is a big demand for low skilled labor, and that demand is overwhelmingly filled by undocumented Latin American immigrants.  The truth is that this work is backbreaking and dangerous and miserable and it usually doesn't pay well.  This demand + a porous border opened the door for Latin American immigrants, and then we created a second class status in our society for these immigrants so that they're forced to do this labor, and for cheap.  Cheap and abundant produce, rapid and widespread and relatively low-cost construction and maintenance, and attractive and ubiquitous landscaping are things we enjoy as a standard of living in America because we exploit their labor.  Their labor probably props up a ton of other parts of our standard of living, but those are three major industries and services that would either collapse or significantly contract if not for exploited Latin American immigrant labor.

Future generations are going to judge us harshly for our inhuman and undignified exploitation of immigrant labor and the creation of an underclass for these people, in the same way we judge 17th, 18th, and 19th century Americans harshly for enslaving and exploiting African labor.

14 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

As for racism in general, I think it is still an issue but I'm not sure it is as big as many make it out to be.  I think there is a far bigger issue with class-ism.  It just so happens that more people of color happen to be poor from the historic racism.  My wife and I have talked about this before looking at our own actions and using the ole' "guy walking down the street" example.  I admit if we are walking down the street and on one side is a well dressed white dude in a suit and on our side is a poorly dressed black dude in "hoodlum" clothes, we would cross the street to where the white dude is.  Switch the people.  Black dude in a nice suit and white dude in hoodlum clothes.  We are crossing the street to where the black dude is.  But based on our history, the chance is greater that it would be the white dude in a suit than the black dude.  We need just as much effort to fix the income inequality and mobility.

I wonder what the two dudes do when they see you........:rofl89:

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

There is a big demand for low skilled labor, and that demand is overwhelmingly filled by undocumented Latin American immigrants.  The truth is that this work is backbreaking and dangerous and miserable and it usually doesn't pay well

Shockingly ignorant

Zoony,

I assume you live the DC area, correct me if you are 

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

There is a big demand for low skilled labor, and that demand is overwhelmingly filled by undocumented Latin American immigrants.  The truth is that this work is backbreaking and dangerous and miserable and it usually doesn't pay well.  This demand + a porous border opened the door for Latin American immigrants, and then we created a second class status in our society for these immigrants so that they're forced to do this labor, and for cheap.  Cheap and abundant produce, rapid and widespread and relatively low-cost construction and maintenance, and attractive and ubiquitous landscaping are things we enjoy as a standard of living in America because we exploit their labor.  Their labor probably props up a ton of other parts of our standard of living, but those are three major industries and services that would either collapse or significantly contract if not for exploited Latin American immigrant labor.

Future generations are going to judge us harshly for our inhuman and undignified exploitation of immigrant labor and the creation of an underclass for these people, in the same way we judge 17th, 18th, and 19th century Americans harshly for enslaving and exploiting African labor.

I don't care where they are from I want to make it impossible for illegals to work in the US and Americans to fill those jobs at higher wages and I am prepared to pay 30% more for everything at the store to make that happen.  I would prefer to have a lower standard of living in a broadly prosperous country like the one I grew up in, I would have rather turn that over to my grandchildren than increasingly economically polarized country we have now.

30 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

We are living in the most repressive period of my 66 years.  College campuses that were once bastions of free speech when I was college age now have repressive PC speech codes and enforcers as vigilant as the religious police in Saudia Arabia or Iran that stifle and intimidate the heretics the so-called progressives call racists, sexists, homophobic or some other damning words to silence them.  Social media that looked to be platforms for free expression a decade ago have become Big Brother's toolbox.  Big Brother didn't arrive quite as Orwell envision but this age becomes darker and more oppressive each year.

You were born in 1952. Back then, a person like me couldn't have received a fair and equal education due to segregation.

Today, I have a Bsc and PhD from the same universities that would have shut the door on me in your era of "free speech".

You pine for the days of rampant racism and sexism and then cry a ****ing river when people call you out on it. It's a blessing for this country that your generation lost the culture wars so we don't have to live in your regressive white-dominant, patriarchal vision of this country.

1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

Zoony,

I assume you live the DC area, correct me if you are 

I don't care where they are from I want to make it impossible for illegals to work in the US and Americans to fill those jobs at higher wages and I am prepared to pay 30% more for everything at the store to make that happen.  I would prefer to have a lower standard of living in a broadly prosperous country like the one I grew up in, I would have rather turn that over to my grandchildren than increasingly economically polarized country we have now.

And that's a fine sentiment but to somehow attribute our economic woes to immigrant labor is just................. well, woefully uninformed. Try looking at the corporations that have outsourced jobs, bought all the politicians they need to revamp the tax laws in their favor while gutting unions, etc. Juan and Miguel roofing all the livelong day ain't the problem.

Here is what colored people had to deal with in the 60s as they started entering college campuses:

The rioters, which included students, Ku Klux Klan members, and assorted locals, shouted obscenities, started fires, and lobbed bricks at the dormitory, breaking no less than sixty window panes, including ten in Hunter's room alone. State troopers were slow to respond, and order was restored only when police used tear gas and water hoses to disperse the crowd.

https://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/articles/history-archaeology/desegregation-higher-education

This is the time of free speech and prosperity that @Veryoldschooldesires.

18 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yup.  For clarification:

All white male campus = “bastion of free speech”

Gender and racially-diverse campus = “Saudi Arabia”

Its astounding, really.

racism is a very astounding thing.

They never know they are racist either. @Veryoldschool is extremely racist, which is why I am not engaging with him. I am just calling him what he is, a stone cold racist.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

You were born in 1952. Back then, a person like me couldn't have received a fair and equal education due to segregation.

Today, I have a Bsc and PhD from the same universities that would have shut the door on me in your era of "free speech".

You pine for the days of rampant racism and sexism and then cry a ****ing river when people call you out on it. It's a blessing for this country that your generation lost the culture wars so we don't have to live in your regressive white-dominant, patriarchal vision of this country.

What I pine for broad-based prosperity and free speech.  Stop trying to turn the subject to race.

3 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

What I pine for broad-based prosperity and free speech.  Stop trying to turn the subject to race.

The era you point to where "broad-based prosperity and free speech" existed was rampant with racism, segregation and outcasting of non-whites in America.

The fact you think today which is the most open and free America has been since its inception isn't broad-based and the home of free thought and expression tells me everything about you. Racist.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Oh really?  The low wage labor market isn't filled by undocumented Hispanic immigrants?

I was referring in my post to blue collar jobs such as plumbers, HVAC, septic, or similar trade industries. I'm 44 adn worked the first 10 years of my adulthood in HVAC before moving into IT. There were plenty of those jobs. America likes its air conditioning.

3 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

And that's a fine sentiment but to somehow attribute our economic woes to immigrant labor is just................. well, woefully uninformed. Try looking at the corporations that have outsourced jobs, bought all the politicians they need to revamp the tax laws in their favor while gutting unions, etc. Juan and Miguel roofing all the livelong day ain't the problem.

I agree and I support Trump's work on trade.  If you read my prior posts I identified automation, outsourcing/free trade, and immigrant labor as the factors that have crushed American labor for 2 generations.  We shouldn't stand in the way for automation but I am all for tariffs to make it unprofitable to import goods from low wage countries and I would like to cut off all immigration to the US for several decades at least to rebalance our labor rates.

Archived